Parts for repair for the Montblanc 221P

Baka1969

Hello y'all,

I've gone and done it. I cracked the section on my 221P. It's cracked in multiple places and unless I try to fix it with super glue and the entire grit of micro mesh, it seems unrepairable. The plastic seems somewhat brittle. Now I'm looking for parts. I looked on eBay to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find a section for the 221P? Any help will be appreciated. 

Happy New Year,

Ross

n+1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jayebird

• Baka1969

• ZeroDukE

• stric75

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a matter of just checking ebay periodically. Or look for a whole pen with something wrong with a different part and use it's section.

5 hours ago, ZeroDukE said:

Hello,

On eBay there is a seller from Thailand with this kind of spare parts for old Montblancs

2 hours ago, Jayebird said:

Might be a matter of just checking ebay periodically. Or look for a whole pen with something wrong with a different part and use it's section.

I saw someone with the body parts of a 220 (I believe) in burgundy but it wouldn't fit my feed I think. I'll keep looking. It's a bit disheartening as it's a nice writer. 

n+1

Pretty sure the difference between a 221 and 220 was polished vs matt finish. If its polished, might just be mislabelled. I have a franken pen of 221 section & nib with 321 cap (only one cap band) which I bought as a back up to my husband's 221p in Burgundy because he also loves it and we already replaced a cracked cap once. Apparently the burgundy resin can be more prone to cracking than black... so buying another complete pen in black could be another option.

• 4 weeks later...

Older MB 22x series fountain pens are widely available on eBay. Occasionally you’ll see some reasonably priced used ones which you can use to canibalize parts. The 220 section is smooth and it’s interchangeable between 220 and 220P models. So you’ll basically need to be persistent and patient and wait till a used part or pen come up at an okay price. Someone mentioned the seller from Rahailand. Sadly he’s quite unreasonably priced, especially with his shipping charges. The MB22x series are some of the most under rated MBs. They never had the allure of 146/149 models but were quite good, light, elegant, and comfortable pens. They had great ink capacity, they were easy to disassemble, clean and re-assemble, and they performed well and came in a wide variety of finishes and nibs.