Monthly Ink Challenge - Season III

InesF

13 hours ago, InesF said:

Yes, I think cats have a good sense for what is good for them and when it is too much and do not need to be overseen. However, I watched my cats doing intentional experiments ... 👍 some of them not that clever. ;) It was not too much off from what young children do when they become mobile and "independent". 🙄

9 hours ago, LizEF said:

Well, they say cats have roughly the same intellectual capacity as a 2-year-old human. :) (But more agility and vertical mobility. :D )

As 2 years old we are capable of having bugs, but catching birds and mice is way beyond our capacity and we won't be able to use "our" litter box. :lticaptd:

Oh yes! That's indeed a great interpretation of Red Heat! Thank you @yazeh:thumbup::lol:

Thank, I love your interpretation. Now, I'm craving ice cream. I am sure @LizEF is craving grape juice popsicle :D Looking forward to September 🙏

The brown hue in Vampire Red can be seen as Red Heat, 3 days later ... ;) 

;)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InesF

• LizEF

• yazeh

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, yazeh said:

I am sure @LizEF is craving grape juice popsicle :D Looking forward to September 🙏

:D It's been eternity since I saw real popsicles of any flavor.  Lime, banana, and root beer were my other favorites...  Sigh.  I'd settle for Häagen-Dazs.

4 hours ago, LizEF said:

:D It's been eternity since I saw real popsicles of any flavor.  Lime, banana, and root beer were my other favorites...  Sigh.  I'd settle for Häagen-Dazs.

One of my favourite snacks is frozen banana ;) It's popsicle enough for me. Can you just freeze some root beer? I often do that with excess fruit juice, aka Watermelon /Honey dew etc. :)

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

One of my favourite snacks is frozen banana ;) It's popsicle enough for me. Can you just freeze some root beer? I often do that with excess fruit juice, aka Watermelon /Honey dew etc. :)

Slushy fruit juice and root beer are other favorite treats - not frozen solid, just slushy. :)

20 hours ago, LizEF said:

Ironically, I got offered popsicles a couple of times by people while I was on the "working" vacation last week and the week before.  

The people who worked at Herald's Point this year were given little notepads in plastic flip cases.  With stupee little (as in about 3" long) BPs -- which don't even seem to have caps! -- tucked into a side pocket.  Not sure if the side pocket would be large enough for the Waterman Ideal CBHR ringtop to fit in it.... :(

Although honestly, I would have much preferred prior years when there was a daily run to the the "Food Court" in one of the merchant areas or to the ice cream shop at the campground store for dishes of ice cream as a thank you for people volunteering.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Short update.

It was hot yesterday and it will become extremely hot today, here in eastern Austria. Yesterday's sunrise was one of the images I had in mind for Red Heat.

large.20240813Morningsky.jpeg.03ec9e5246c18be61a5750414cb36975.jpeg

Have fun, enjoy summer time! :) 

One life!

8 hours ago, InesF said:

Short update.

It was hot yesterday and it will become extremely hot today, here in eastern Austria. Yesterday's sunrise was one of the images I had in mind for Red Heat.

large.20240813Morningsky.jpeg.03ec9e5246c18be61a5750414cb36975.jpeg

Have fun, enjoy summer time! :) 

Beautiful sunset photo!  Well-captured!

Inspired by @InesF evocative August art work and photography, entitled :Ice cream for Breakfast 

Paper is Talens mixed media. 

Inks used: 

Kakimori Kurun 

J Herbin Café des Iles/ Rouge Opera 

Noodler's Lexington Gray 

Private Reserve Vampire Red 

Monteverde Malibu Blue

ice_cream_for_breakfast__by_yazeh1_dhzb7

2 minutes ago, yazeh said:

Ice cream for Breakfast 

One of the best things about being an adult. :D

Thanks, @yazeh. Love the drawing!

8 minutes ago, LizEF said:

One of the best things about being an adult. :D

Thanks, @yazeh. Love the drawing!

:D 🙏 

I haven't had ice cream for breakfast, but I have had ice cream for dinner (as in, what I had for dinner with maybe a soda to drink).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

37 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

I haven't had ice cream for breakfast, but I have had ice cream for dinner (as in, what I had for dinner with maybe a soda to drink).

Well, I have iced smoothies for breakfast, frozen fruit and protein powder ;) 

On 8/16/2024 at 2:56 AM, yazeh said:

Inspired by @InesF evocative August art work and photography, entitled :Ice cream for Breakfast 

+1 👍 and +1 👍 for the colour scheme of the icecream balls!

Belgian waffle with fresh strawberries, vanilla icecream and some whipped cream with almond slices and chocolate sauce all over ... hmmm, what a breakfast!

One life!

3 hours ago, InesF said:

Belgian waffle with fresh strawberries, vanilla icecream and some whipped cream with almond slices and chocolate sauce all over ... hmmm, what a breakfast!

:D 

10 hours ago, InesF said:

Oh that DOES sound good.  

There's a local chain of diners that I will often hit one of their locations for breakfast after an estate sale.  But they don't put ice cream on their Belgian waffles, sadly.  Just fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream, and I have to ask for just a small amount of whipped cream.  And the one time I got hot chocolate to drink with it, it was just too much breakfast for me....  So after that it was just hot tea to drink.

4 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Oh that DOES sound good.  

There's a local chain of diners that I will often hit one of their locations for breakfast after an estate sale.  But they don't put ice cream on their Belgian waffles, sadly.  Just fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream, and I have to ask for just a small amount of whipped cream.  And the one time I got hot chocolate to drink with it, it was just too much breakfast for me....  So after that it was just hot tea to drink.

I think we had this waffle conversation before. Try next time Liege Waffles. They're made with a brioche dough, crystallized sugar. And you won't need ice-cream :D 

Well, the ones at the Freedom Square Diner locations are probably made fresh....

I think if they were open for more than just breakfast and lunch, they could make a fortune.  And I've met one of the owners a couple of times, once in the one closest to Pittsburgh, and once at the one up in Butler County.  Told the guy the first time that they should think about opening one in the South Hills/Washington County but he said that the setup costs were too high.  The second time, I was in the one in Butler County and was telling the story to the waitress and she said, "Oh, one of the owners is here this morning!"  And I looked and it was the same guy, and he actually remembered me and said hello.

Mind you, I grew up on the East Coast where "diners" tend to be free-standing buildings -- not in strip malls like out here.  But we're also getting towards the Midwest....   An old friend of mine from a couple of towns over from where I grew up, briefly dated a guy who was from Michigan.  They had gone to some concert at West Point, and then she took him to her favorite diner -- a couple of towns down river from where she lived.  And the guy was APPALLED and told her "Nobody goes to diners but truckers!"  And when she told me the story, I said, "Of COURSE truckers go to diners!  They know where the good coffee is!"

When I was in college, I knew where pretty much every diner in a ten mile radius of the college campus was -- and which ones were good and which ones weren't....  (Of course, the BEST one was a few towns over -- as in the best food, although not the best prices because it was in a more upscale town), and I had to find someone with a car to be able to go to it....)