TWSBI Mini Diamond skips terribly, and prefers writing in reverse

lamysnib

I recently bought a TWSBI mini Diamond. I also got a bottle of Monboddo's Hat. Right off the bat I noticed that after I filled it with the ink straight from the bottle using the piston, the pen didn't write immediately. Ok, then it started writing after doing some strokes. I noticed however that sometimes it hard started. Then I noticed that when I drew quicker longer lines it just didn't write at all. Then I noticed that it seemed to prefer reverse writing. I thought the tines were too much apart so I squeezed them together but there is still the same problem. I also flushed the feed and nib section with soapy water, nothing. I drew ink and flushed it multiple times, then drew water and flushed it multiple times. I don't know what is wrong, and I am asking for your help, being more experienced. 

I am disappointed, because I initially tried to avoid TWSBIs because of some bad things I have heard about them, and some other people convinced me that TWSBIs have improved and never had issues. This is my most expensive pen as of now, I got it as a little gift for myself after my Master's Thesis defense, and now I am thinking I wasted my money. Can you tell me how to fix this issue, why can't it keep up with quicker, longer lines, and why does it randomly stop writing? Thank you.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dip n Scratch

• lamysnib

• Doc Dan

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to take the pen back to your dealer for an exchange or warranty work. A good dealer will make this right. I have a Pilot that writes like that, but none of my TWSBI's do. They replaced the gold nib and it is better, but there is still a bit of a problem. I don't know, but perhaps it is the converter not delivering ink, or it may be the feed (I don't know if they replaced it). 

Looks like an ink feed problem. Are the nib tines out of alignment?

I have to say that I bought an Eco & wouldn't feel happy putting any more money into a TWSBI after the reported issues with the pens.