The Las Vegas Pen Posse - Fritz Schimpf - Montblanc Play time

amberleadavis

IMG_0449.thumb.jpeg.5f0b1bc64395482365a2c4c443fb0971.jpegMom on her 100th birthday, 22 July 2022. Next time, I'll take a photo of her with her Parker 51!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Frank C

• Nick T

• NoType

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Frank CAlong with having that wise, experienced gaze shared by our venerable elders, your mother looks more than two decades younger than her years and remarkably well.  What a lovely bouquet.  Thank you for this heartwarming image!  Looking forward to seeing her with her Parker 51.

11 hours ago, Frank C said:

IMG_0449.thumb.jpeg.5f0b1bc64395482365a2c4c443fb0971.jpegMom on her 100th birthday, 22 July 2022. Next time, I'll take a photo of her with her Parker 51!

Don't forget she said that she was ready for it to be fixed.  :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 7 months later...

@Frank C That was a wonderful picture of your mom.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

~ @Frank C:

What a portrait!

Richly saturated colors surrounding the contented face of a well-lived life.

Thank you for posting it here.

Tom K.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, XYZZY said:

Tell us more about this weird ink/toe fetish? 😜

But seriously, thank you Amber for the comparisons.  From what I have gathered on other threads about this pen, I would generalize the ink recommendations as:  it's a broad wet nib, so it it works well with dry inks because the pen lays down enough ink to counteract the wetness, and it works well with less saturated inks because it lays down so much ink that you get more dye on the paper.  I use the term "broad" here loosely, in that it's a wide nib.  Is that a reasonable summary?

Still looking forward to receiving mine, biding my time by looking at my ink list for what to put in there.  I've got some inks that get little love because they're so pale, but those are mostly Iroshizuku so also pretty wet.

Have you enjoyed your pen?  We would love to see pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 6:26 PM, amberleadavis said:

OH, and Frank made me clean out a fill of turquoise super chrome and that stained my toes.

Are you saying you cleaned pens with your feet?

On 4/21/2023 at 4:47 AM, fireant said:

Are you saying you cleaned pens with your feet?

No, though that would be funny.  While I was cleaning the pen, the ink spilled on to my toes.  It was pretty funny, but I didn't take a picture.

7 hours ago, fireant said:

OKay whew...I knew things were wild in vegas....

I can't wait for you and your sissy to come visit.