• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just received, and am playing with, a steel-nibbed Wing Sung 630 in burgundy and gold trim. I presume it's patterned after the Montblanc 149 and I will say that it's an attractive pen with an effective piston filling mechanism and a very smooth, wet nib. Fit and finish is generally good, with just an ever-so-slight misalignment of the barrel's trim ring, and the pen feels nice in the hand and writes well. All in all a lot of pen for the £24.50 and shipping that it cost me.

On 8/9/2023 at 6:57 PM, ruby.monkey said:

I just received, and am playing with, a steel-nibbed Wing Sung 630 in burgundy and gold trim. I presume it's patterned after the Montblanc 149 and I will say that it's an attractive pen with an effective piston filling mechanism and a very smooth, wet nib. Fit and finish is generally good, with just an ever-so-slight misalignment of the barrel's trim ring, and the pen feels nice in the hand and writes well. All in all a lot of pen for the £24.50 and shipping that it cost me.

I have one coming... post some pics. 

It's supposed to have a bigger nib than the #8 X-159.  Should be interesting. 😀👍

What nib did you get?  How does it write?

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

The nib is three or four millimetres longer than that on the X159; mine was advertised as writing a 0.5-0.7mm line, and does write like a medium-to-broad. Wet and smooth without me doing anything to it, with a little bounce and no real line variation to speak of. All in all a very nice pen.

• 2 weeks later...

Jinhao 777 - F. nib.  Ink:  Diamine Sherwood Green

Pilot Metropolitan - M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Yankee.

WIN_20210531_23_08_09_Pro.jpg.01da1bc77c57a2f0af3aca270c526fd4.jpg

7 hours ago, ruby.monkey said:

PenBBS 535 Year of the Ox. The styling may be an acquired taste but it's a lovely writer.

It’s an intriguing design, I thought. The price never dropped enough to go for it, unfortunately. 

22 minutes ago, Helen350 said:

Jinhao 9019 - Transparent Blue - F. #8 nib.  Ink  Diamine Marine

Picture 8 of 26

Hi Helen, how do you like that pen.  What's your analysis? 😀

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

2 hours ago, USG said:

Hi Helen, how do you like that pen.  What's your analysis? 😀

First time writing in my journal, and enjoying that smooth, #8 nib.  Reminds me of a fat Cuban

cigar, but for $13.99 I could not be more satisfied.  That large capacity converter was a nice

addition.  Will work well at the office because of its large ink capacity.  I  have small hands.

standing 5 ft tall, however, the Jinhao 159 never presented any problems, so in a few days of

journaling & writing in the office will show me if there is a handling issue.  Jinhao has continued

to up its game over the past 7-8 yrs, and being a Jinhao collector, I am well satisfied with their

latest offering.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 1:00 PM, ruby.monkey said:

The nib is three or four millimetres longer than that on the X159; mine was advertised as writing a 0.5-0.7mm line, and does write like a medium-to-broad. Wet and smooth without me doing anything to it, with a little bounce and no real line variation to speak of. All in all a very nice pen.

Side by side. 

IMG_0089.jpeg

Practice, patience, perseverance

• 3 weeks later...

My second M600, with a F nib and Hero black ink. I really disliked this checkerboard material when the UK Duofolds* used it, but I guess my tastes have changed because this material is really lovely, no wonder vendors are still asking a premium for the 3 colors in this material. 

*In truth, I don’t like the modern Duofolds very much in general, although I have several of the Jinhao versions. 

IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_1583.jpeg

On 10/4/2023 at 12:04 AM, Mech-for-i said:

Hero 981 , stock FM nib , iron gall blue black

The metal or plastic version? 

On 10/8/2023 at 12:11 PM, Dan Carmell said:

The metal or plastic version? 

the OG plastic version , the metal version AFAIK actually were given the model name 981-2 , and they had a further version , also in metal but lacquered and that had a different model designation too ( just cannot remember what )