Help Identifying Vintage Parker Duofold Vac

Pensfan

Hey everyone, thanks for taking to the time to help with this!

I have an old Parker Duofold Vac and am trying to get an accurate model and manufacturing date for it.  According to https://parkerpens.net/duovac.html it looks to be a 1940s striped Duofold Vac Senior. However, there are some things that are off from those pics, mostly the lack of a gold ring at the base of the pen. I think it might just be one of the "Over a hundred variations of the striped Duofolds have been found."  On a separate note, I need it repaired. My sister tried to pull the cap off without twisting it and now it leaks around the section area. It is definitely only user quality, so I don't want to spend a fortune on it, but I do like how it writes when dipped. Any recommendations on who to send it to for repair?

Nib is marked:  53 -

I am not sure if the '-' is an actual mark or a scratch in the perfect location. It writes like an EF/F

The stamp: 
      PARKER DUOFOLD  0.

MADE IN US

Any details I might have missed to help identifying? I am hoping to get the details on the nib and the date if possible?

vintagevac-1.png

vintagevac-2.jpg

vintagevac-3.jpg

vintagevac-4.jpg

vintagevac-5.jpg

vintagevac-6.jpg

vintagevac-7.jpg

this year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practice ourselves the kind of behavior we expect from other people.

~ C.S. Lewis

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• Pensfan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Q3 1940. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.