What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

16 hours ago, Peter_H said:

Stop!  You’re making me want one - and I promised [myself] not to buy any more fountain pens. ☹️

Not wishing to fan the flames of enablement...but...everyone should have a Brass Sport.  😁

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My pink Optima Caleidoscopio with Lamy Vibrant Pink.

I did also bring the new Black Tortoise again; the Kopi O Kaw has been settling in long enough now that the green sheen is manifesting nicely, even on the copy at work.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

For work: LAMY 2000 (F) with KWZ IG Blue #3

For everything else, there's MasterCard.  And the Parker Falcon (F) loaded with Noodler's Texas Bluebonnet.

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes
"Modern Life®️? It’s rubbish! 🙄" - Mercian

17 hours ago, Peter_H said:

Ah, but then I can be addicted to reading/writing about pens, instead of addicted to pens! 😁

Touché, @Peter_H! 😃

23 hours ago, Peter_H said:

Ah, but then I can be addicted to reading/writing about pens, instead of addicted to pens! 😁

Which can be much less expensive than a pen purchase addiction - imo.

Reading about pens, their history and the people who gave them a presence in our life and world does have some intriguing moments.

As I was writing the above comments I was going to write "men" in place of people. It made me realize that I have no specific recall of references to women in any aspect of the fountain pen "saga". (Possible exception being some women who sell pens on the Bay, etsy, and other sites.

If anyone has more information I, personally, would like to see/hear/read more.

Also, if someone choose to write about women in any aspect of the pen industry I would ask that a new thread be started.

Thank you to any who take up that gauntlet.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

9 hours ago, dms525 said:

IMG_4266.jpeg.966eb8dd4d72bdcc29f7d59905f4eedb.jpeg

IMG_4267.jpeg.2864c49af7662531e19ef81807276b47.jpeg

Beautiful!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

On 7/15/2022 at 7:56 PM, Helen350 said:

MaJohn A1 Light Blue - .4 mm nib.  Ink:  Diamine Prussian Blue

WIN_20220715_19_52_52_Pro.jpg

How are you liking this pen?

Posted Image

17 hours ago, Misfit said:

How are you liking this pen?

This makes my 3rd A1.   I do have a Pilot broad nib unit in the matte black one.  My orange A1

has been in use since March, with a .4 nib.  I do not normally like EF/F nibs, however, with

continued use the nib has become smoother, and I have found myself enjoying the A1 with

the .4 nib.  Both of my A1's have stayed inked since their arrival.  I had always felt that the

clip on the Pilot VP would be problematic, yet, I have not had any problems with the clip.

I love the blue color on my new A1.    Have had no hard starts since inking the pen.  I

am using the converter with this A1 vs using the ink cartridge with the other two.  WIN_20220718_22_08_00_Pro.thumb.jpg.9dfb70e3ee65b222dc1346e4692a5ed1.jpg

On 7/18/2022 at 10:08 PM, Helen350 said:

This makes my 3rd A1.   I do have a Pilot broad nib unit in the matte black one.  My orange A1

has been in use since March, with a .4 nib.  I do not normally like EF/F nibs, however, with

continued use the nib has become smoother, and I have found myself enjoying the A1 with

the .4 nib.  Both of my A1's have stayed inked since their arrival.  I had always felt that the

clip on the Pilot VP would be problematic, yet, I have not had any problems with the clip.

I love the blue color on my new A1.    Have had no hard starts since inking the pen.  I

am using the converter with this A1 vs using the ink cartridge with the other two.  WIN_20220718_22_08_00_Pro.thumb.jpg.9dfb70e3ee65b222dc1346e4692a5ed1.jpg

I was inspired by your photo of the blue version to impulsively buy one with the 0.4 nib in blue with the clip. 

Posted Image

large.11023731_MajohnA1writingsampleinNoodlersApacheSunset.jpg.00e99c19cf8451bb7d12b5d777d884eb.jpg

Yet another Majohn (né Moonman) A1 pen in which the steel EF nib as supplied proves to be a width grade or two broader than a Japanese F nib.

The nib and feed combination only delivers a relatively narrow range of colours/shading with Noodler's Ink Apache Sunset, out of what has been demonstrated (by the Pilot MR nib mounted on a dip pen handle) the ink is capable of.

large.338956377_MajohnA1writingsampleinNoodlersApacheSunsetonEFAF.jpg.2f9417d4addeceb6b0eabcd1ecb66fa4.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Parker Senior Flattop in Lapis blue...

PXL_20220628_150538518.thumb.jpg.7ae532aa346bb6fc3a9de238e29de52b.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

4 hours ago, dms525 said:

864820077_Visconti-Novelli70th.jpg.9483c546a45acfc82e1929c5c6dabf04.jpg

1187068695_Visconti-Novelli70thnib.jpg.704093e70fe10fdedaf4c6e99c84ee7b.jpg

David

Very nice indeed, David.

Apart from the quality of the nib work, I've always been an admirer of Visconti's Voyager clip.

2 FP, one BP on the go - 2021, 100 year anniversary Duofold fine nib, one CS Polly Gray broad nib.  And a ~1986-88 Sheaffer Grand Conaisseur BP, with a blue-black Monteverde ceramic - gel refill.  The stand for the Polly Gray is actually meant to be a Hogwarts magic wand stand.  penstoday.thumb.jpg.f341f36b54139cde738c8e38de057551.jpg

40 minutes ago, Targa said:

a Hogwarts magic wand

Is it the same limited edition Hogwart's/Harry Potter magic wand the Raj on The Big Bang Theory bought?         'A stick!'

1 hour ago, PAKMAN said:

OOOOH!  Pretty! :puddle:

As for me, today it's been the Cobalt Creaper, flex nib -- still with Noodler's Pasternak; and the Pelikan M205 Blue Marble, M nib -- back in rotation and freshly inked up with Edelstein Topaz (unfortunately, in the process I somehow also inked up *ME* with Edelstein Topaz... :blush:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth 

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, PAKMAN said:

Gorgeous pen!