What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Earlier, it was a CS Series 58, now, an Onoto Scholar.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today it is a Kaweco Supra in brass, with an EF nib, inked with Diamine Ancient Copper. I used to use this pen a lot out in the field (because it is nearly indestructible as far as fountain pens go), but I don't use it so much these days. I really should. It is quite a pleasant writer.

Vandaag de Elysee, maar liefst de Pelikan M200, maar daar is de dop van defect.  Wellicht heeft iemand er een over?

Gr.

Ton

A Conway Stewart 100 from the 1950's. Really nice Duro nib. Inked with Diamine Skull and Roses.

1890973569_PXL_20220711_1001516032.thumb.jpg.ef868822983af975cacf13f1d1e7ffa6.jpg

9 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

A Conway Stewart 100 from the 1950's. Really nice Duro nib. Inked with Diamine Skull and Roses.

1890973569_PXL_20220711_1001516032.thumb.jpg.ef868822983af975cacf13f1d1e7ffa6.jpg

Looks great, @mallymal1, thanks for sharing! 

Today it's been the Dusty Rose Laidtone Duofold vac filler, with diluted vintage Quink Microfilm Black, and the purple Pilot Falcon, SF nib, with Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Conway Stewart Series 100, from 2011. Carrying an IB nib at the moment. Inked with Diamine Skull and Roses.

228665462_PXL_20220711_1024334842.thumb.jpg.3ef3b39fb07a43fafcb739036425cb6f.jpg

On 7/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, OldTravelingShoe said:

@Misfit, would you mind sharing some pictures. I'd like to see more Nemosine fountain pens, if at all possible. 

Yes, I’ll try to get that done soon.  I have one of their Fission pens, plus quite a few Singularity pens. Do you want to see all?

Posted Image

1 hour ago, mallymal1 said:

Conway Stewart Series 100, from 2011. Carrying an IB nib at the moment. Inked with Diamine Skull and Roses.

228665462_PXL_20220711_1024334842.thumb.jpg.3ef3b39fb07a43fafcb739036425cb6f.jpg

Show off!

First, Conway Stewart's email advert tempts me, sparking pen lust, and now you fan the flame.

DRAT!!!!

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

Yes, I’ll try to get that done soon.  I have one of their Fission pens, plus quite a few Singularity pens. Do you want to see all?

Oh, yes, please. For some reason, I was not able to find much about Nemosines "in real world". Thank you very much. 

3 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

First, Conway Stewart's email advert tempts me, sparking pen lust, and now you fan the flame.

DRAT!!!!

Hehe, I second @ParramattaPaul about the extra difficulty. I even opened today the official (?) Conway Stewart page (at <replace name without spaces>.com), looked at the Churchill pen, then closed the browser away. Nice pens though 😉

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Show off!

DRAT!!!!

😁

2 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

For some reason, I was not able to find much about Nemosines "in real world".

Nemosine went out of business nearly three years ago.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:12 AM, OldTravelingShoe said:

I'd like to see more Nemosine fountain pens, if at all possible. 

Do you mean the actual pens, or just how their various nibs write?

fpn_1567075359__writing_samples_from_various_nemosine_pens_in_diamine_evergreen.jpg

(deliberately scaled down in size to ‘force’ you to click to enlarge)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

19 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

deliberately scaled down in size to ‘force’ you to click to enlarge)

Clever use of linking, too. Didn't know it can be done this way on FPN. 😃

21 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Didn't know it can be done this way on FPN. 😃

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/gallery/image/1851-how-to-change-inline-image-size-and-to-where-it-links/

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

58 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Do you mean the actual pens, or just how their various nibs write?

More the nibs, indeed, but I also wanted to see the pens. 

Thank you for the link, @A Smug Dill, it's both informative and very funny. Summary, beyond the technical detail 😜

- The company is closing down, liquidating stock.

- John: Oh, no, I guess I'll buy one pen while it lasts. 

- Michelle: Oh, no, I guess I'll buy 2! 

- Vikram: Oh, no, I guess I should buy 3!! 

- Mei Lin: Oh, no, I'll get 5!!! 

- Emeka: Oh, no, I'll get 8!!!! 

- Maaike: My first order, of 377 Neutrinos, 610 Fissions, 987 Singularities, 1,597 loose nibs, and 2,584 cartridges has just arrived!

With such enthusiasm, how could they close the company?! 

Edited by OldTravelingShoe
Edited to add at least one report of 'has arrived' :smile:

14 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Very interesting, thank you, @A Smug Dill! I have to test if this works in the editor on my smartphone, where I currently create all my posts (and which helps me produce surprisingly many typos). 

15 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

With such enthusiasm, how could they close the company?!

Those sales would probably not have occurred at the regular asking prices, but the company most likely could not have sustained operations and made a profit if it just sold at discounted prices, I suppose?