What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Jaw, meet the floor. Aaaaaaaand now I'm drooling...

🥰

Thank you!  You were part of that happening!

Just now, grasshopper said:

Awwwww that's nice to hear 🙏 - the demo or the Chicago?

I pray that things are better with the cancer. I'll PM you shortly.

Oh dear, I forgot about the demo I think it is currently inked up with Diamine Noel, but the Chicago is the one that is impressive.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

large.PXL_20220424_020313651.jpg.7f1c0c21d5b190aa866e8fa37f015795.jpg

WOOHOO!!

2 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

🥰

Thank you!  You were part of that happening!

Oh dear, I forgot about the demo I think it is currently inked up with Diamine Noel, but the Chicago is the one that is impressive.

Awwwwww... noice!

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

6 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

I am using all of them, really!  And a few more that are at home.

large.PXL_20220424_014110438.jpg.e84c103a660e4174d239b0f1c90269eb.jpg

Thanks for sharing, @amberleadavis. I feel inspired - this mix and match of colors and nibs is why I got into fountain pens. I'll start inking 😄

14 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Thanks for sharing, @amberleadavis. I feel inspired - this mix and match of colors and nibs is why I got into fountain pens. I'll start inking 😄

AWESOME!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

7 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Wow, what a selection! Pens and inks both. 😲👍

10 hours ago, OCArt said:

For the past month I've been in love with a Parker 75 Cisele. Beautiful pen and a great writer. I have it paired with a bottle of Parker Penman Sapphire I was lucky to come across several years ago and it just sings!

That sounds like a wonderful pairing.

Technically, it was yesterday, and the use took merely seconds - I found an Akkerman pen I liked very much in the market in Delft, the Netherlands. Its button-filling system was broken, so I found an expert to repair it. I brought it to the shop in Nijmegen, because I like to meet the person and talk to them.

And then it happened: they dipped the pen, tried it, and said "It's got some lovely flex in it!" (in the original Dutch, so it could have also been "this is not the nail you thought it was"). So I tried it as well, and I think the pen can deliver a lovely range.

We'll see when it returns from repairs, which may take a while. Until then, this is the pen:

Leuk! 

Finally inked up the Diplomat Excellence A Blue Skyline that I recently bought quite impulsively. I am again amazed at just how lovely the guilloche striations under the transparent blue lacquer are. It's a simple guilloche but it's still easily one of my prettiest pens. Most of the modern Diplomats seem to be quite wet writers (as opposed to the 80s and 90s pens) and this one is no exception. The Pennonia Kékfestö (embroidery blue) sometimes looks more like faded denim in some of my drier pens, but here is comes out the lovely navy blue of traditional embroidery threads. Well pleased with this pairing! 😊

large.191662647_IMG_9107(2).JPG.a1037dbaa18159e19d6a73ec5c23741c.JPG 

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

14 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

I believe you!  I use all of mine, too.  That's why I've become such a fan of the Taccia 8-pen kimono wrap rolls, though I need them to come out with a few more patterns.

IMG_1417.JPG

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

27 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

That's why I've become such a fan of the Taccia 8-pen kimono wrap rolls, though I need them to come out with a few more patterns.

I also love my Taccia kimono pen roll!! (Still only the one though) Happen to have any suggestions for something just as nice but a bit smaller? I had originally ordered it (without really checking the size, duh) for my vintage pens but it really does dwarf them!

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

At the moment I'm using the following pens:

One of my precious Parker 51s filled with Diamine Oxblood.
A Monteverde Artista Crystal with Diamine Eau de Nil
A Conklin Duragraph Forest Green with Diamine Delamere Green
An unidentified, tiny Waterman with a torsade on the outside, filled with Diamine Denim.

Forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde.

55 minutes ago, DvdRiet said:

I also love my Taccia kimono pen roll!! (Still only the one though) Happen to have any suggestions for something just as nice but a bit smaller? I had originally ordered it (without really checking the size, duh) for my vintage pens but it really does dwarf them!

The single pen rolls can wrap up smaller, but they just seem so inefficient when I can have eight pens all together in a single roll at a much lower price point per protected pen.  I do know what you mean, as whenever I put a Kaweco Sport in one of the rolls it does tend to disappear...

IMG_1420.JPG

Festina lente

5 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

whenever I put a Kaweco Sport in one of the rolls it does tend to disappear...

Haha, so it's not just me then, that has to go fishing for my tiny pens! 😅

9 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

Wow, what a selection! Pens and inks both. 😲👍

Thank you, the collection of pens and inks have been decades in the making.

2 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

Finally inked up the Diplomat Excellence A Blue Skyline that I recently bought quite impulsively. I am again amazed at just how lovely the guilloche striations under the transparent blue lacquer are. It's a simple guilloche but it's still easily one of my prettiest pens.

I agree, that is a beautiful guilloche and the blue is beautiful!

1 hour ago, essayfaire said:

I believe you!  I use all of mine, too.  That's why I've become such a fan of the Taccia 8-pen kimono wrap rolls, though I need them to come out with a few more patterns.

OOO pretty.

3 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

Haha, so it's not just me then, that has to go fishing for my tiny pens! 😅

No, my new vintage Conway Stewart also gets lost in the big roll.  Not just you.

Festina lente

A Wearever. Inked with Waterman South Sea Blue.

It's always a surprise, that the cheap looking, ill proportioned nib, which should be gold coloured to match the hardware, is such a pleasure to write with.

250876656_PXL_20220424_1109304362.thumb.jpg.d16709f74c7f6095fe74ee1bb33ce578.jpg

TL;DR: A TWSBI Eco green with EF steel nib, plus a re-grind by Pablo Carrasco (FPNibs.com) to a fude (ink brush). Inked with Diamine Sherwood Green; the other pen had Diamine Scarlet for breakfast. 

The figures depict various aspects of the pen. Sorry for the low-light photography. 

large.20220425_203806.jpg.d3684801ba997d475df134edb5f92ecb.jpg

Figure 1. The pen next to a drawing. 

large.20220425_203902.jpg.75516c3c00762899d68b039be12b081e.jpg

Figure 2. Zoom in on the nib, middle angle to emphasize the fude. 

large.20220425_203842.jpg.5d54193bdceb395269c716ebd8aa7a41.jpg

Figure 3. Zoom in on the nib, side view to show the full fude incline. 

Comments are welcome. 

Edited by OldTravelingShoe
Added info about the ink.

I have to admit, in spite of us manufacturing flaws, my Narwhal demonstrator with an Osprey extra fine nib is one of my favorite pens to write with!  Here it is with Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki with Pearl EX, which I like a lot but probably won’t order again because it’s very similar to Birmingham Guppy.  

image.thumb.jpeg.14617611591dfaad6f71a6013d345405.jpeg

"Life is too short to use boring ink!" - JPMH

54 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

a re-grind by Pablo Carrasco (FPNibs.com) to a fude (ink brush).

That looks great!! How are you liking it for drawing? (I still have a fude nib on my wish list but still haven't decided how exactly.)