What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

On 4/10/2022 at 5:11 AM, mallymal1 said:

So, I rumaged around and found the original nib for this Parker 75. It's a #70, which is a medium stub. Nice.

1262944487_PXL_20220410_0855143292.thumb.jpg.2e62c8499e0421d101badd674c91ef23.jpg

Lovely. Mine has the 98 - Heavy Extra Broad Italic nib and you've made me want to look at Soda Pop Blue.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Delta Animals, Dolphin w/18K fine nib and Private Reserve Tropical Blue ink. This is a clipless pen with the sterling dolphin wrapping around the blue marbled cap.20220411_214414.thumb.jpg.3fc73ca599c69bab05b7aa39f426c828.jpg

23 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

@Chi That's a Fine nib? O gawd.

Ha ha ha ha, I was told it is a fine nib. Can’t really find any markings on the nib. 

Please check out my shop on Etsy - Sleepy Turandot

Pelikan green stripe vintage 400

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

1.  Pilot Metropolitan (silvet color, M nib) -- Birimingham Pens Allegheny Observatory Celestial Blue.

2. 1st Generation Parker Vacumatic (Emerald Pearl, F? nib) -- vintage Quink Washable Brown

3. Parker Laidtone Duofold speedline filler (Dusty Rose, F? nib) -- vintage Quink Microfilm Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth 

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Pelikan 140 with custom ground CI nib for writing checks. (Pelikan 4001 Black)

Eversharp Skyline Demi with semi-flex nib for signing checks. (Noodler's Black)

Leonardo Momento Magico Tropical with stub nib for everything else. (Leonardo Blue)

David

We just had a really late snow fall yesterday, and I think that’s what made me reach for the Marble blue Duofold Centennial with a vintage blue black Parker cartridge (who knows when I bought it, had to add water to make up for evaporation). This one and my M800 are my thickest pens, but my fingers hurt at the thought of using the piston fill at the time. Middle age has hit me upside the head recently.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

31 minutes ago, Doug C said:

My Dani Trios and a Wancher.

Dani and wancher.jpg

and from left to right they are, please?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

46 minutes ago, Gloucesterman said:

and from left to right they are, please?

Wancher Seven Tresures

The Dani's are:

DT Bokashi Nuri

DT Black Mother of Pearl prototype

DT Hyotan (i.e. Mae West)

DT Mikado

DT Yin Yang

the Danitrio Fellowship

2 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Onoto Scholar and Conway Stewart Duro.

How do you like the Scholar?  Photos please!@

the Danitrio Fellowship

1 hour ago, Doug C said:

How do you like the Scholar?  Photos please!@

It's a nice pen and my photography doesn't do it justice.  It is slightly shorter than the Conway Stewart Duro but the barrel diameters seem to be the same. Fit and finish is excellent.  It is a joy to use.  I would say that the nib is equal to that of the Magna and perhaps a wee smoother than the Duro's nib.

738031801_OnotoScholarpic.thumb.jpg.6405d2638bfaf02c8f4868796566b945.jpg

On 4/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, inkstainedruth said:

That would involve trying to figure out how to upload photos on the new software here (I miss the old "Upload" feature).  I'll figure it out eventually, but there was just too much on my plate in the past week to even think about it (I still have to have my husband scan and print off the checks I have to write for the trust fund taxes so I can get that paperwork in the mail).  And to finish up the laundry from the past weekend, and finish unloading stuff from the mini-van.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

That's life for you. Forever getting in the way of pen stuff.  🙂  I'm sure you'll figure out the upload thing. 👍

I only have two Morrison's pens, one of which I posted a few weeks ago. This second one is an overlay marked 14kt gold finish. Most of that finish has long gone, and what's left is mainly a silver coloured metal with gold in the pattern. It's still a looker, and functions perfectly. 

1689158907_PXL_20220412_0929141092.thumb.jpg.97086f93afd091f308a77bae17ec6e02.jpg

Question : What do we call this type of work on the overlay? Is it chasing? Etching?

On 4/11/2022 at 4:29 PM, OldTravelingShoe said:

It was truly an impulse-buy, @mallymal1, a Conway Stewart 75, green marble, under 50€ including shipping. It will arrive at some point - the Dutch customs sometimes take over a month to process (but also, overall they're quite fast). I hope it's a good pen to start exploring, also because the ad said it's been recently serviced and it should write immediately. 

Nice one. I hope it is in great condition and writes well for you.  🙏

My first couple of Conway Stewarts were 286's...but then, I decided to try the 75. As I recall, my first try was a burgundy one, which I enjoyed very much...and as if by magic, I had a blue one...then a green one...then a black one...and an empty wallet.  I'm sure many of you know how it goes.  😁

On 4/11/2022 at 11:23 PM, Chouffleur said:

Lovely. Mine has the 98 - Heavy Extra Broad Italic nib and you've made me want to look at Soda Pop Blue.

That 98 nib must be quite something!

The Soda Pop's worth checking out. Shades nicely for me, on most papers. There's a red sheen, which I only pick up (as with most sheening inks) on Tomoe River paper, where it pools.