What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

45 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Wonderful pen, @AmandaW. I'm even more intrigued by the nib - how does it write? I read "beautifully tuned" but am wondering if there are other qualifiers 😃

It's extra extra fine without any hint of dry or scratchy. It just writes, straight out of the box, with the ink i wanted to use. :wub:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AmandaW said:

It's extra extra fine without any hint of dry or scratchy. It just writes, straight out of the box

Thank you! (I'm also looking at you, wallet! 😄

10 hours ago, Sinistral1 said:

@ChiWhere did you purchase the 😎 cool gold sheening KWZ ink you are using in this post?  I have to get a bottle, if I can!

It’s actually from Kiwi inks 

the ink you are looking at is called quetzalcoatl

Please check out my shop on Etsy - Sleepy Turandot

Thanks, @Chi, I finally realized it was Kiwi instead of KWZ and quickly found their website and ordered the peacock and the quetzalcoatl,  They are such pretty inks!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

My Pen of The Week:

Pelikan M1000 Stresemann in Anthracite. w/ Jacques Herbin Caroube de Chypre.

Love it!

CdC.jpg

I am absolutely enamored with this Pelikan 100N Transitional from 1942-44. It has a beautiful flexy OF nib. By far the best writer that I own. It lays down a nice XF line on the downstroke and a F line on the cross stroke under normal pressure. And under moderate pressure, it widens to a 3B+. 

9D59F377-C931-41F4-81BD-C67953C1939B.jpg

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

1 hour ago, ItwasLuck said:

I am absolutely enamored with this Pelikan 100N Transitional from 1942-44. It has a beautiful flexy OF nib. By far the best writer that I own. It lays down a nice XF line on the downstroke and a F line on the cross stroke under normal pressure. And under moderate pressure, it widens to a 3B+. 

A true classic!

Bexley Stradivarius Berlin Hochschule limited edition w/18K fine nib and J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche ink. These were all ebonite pens.20220407_230522.thumb.jpg.6d81709abe12f5eb8fd0cc33d95d20de.jpg

4 hours ago, ItwasLuck said:

Superb.

4 hours ago, Sybarite said:

A true classic!

Thank you!! Definitely a pen that every pen lover should own. 

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

Today I am using a Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman “frankenpen” that I restored myself.   The original blind cap was damaged during the restoration, so I replaced it with a burgundy one.  I think it gives the pen character and I have no plans to replace it with a black one.

39C619B7-0CE2-4787-B581-3E20260EFF5F.jpeg

091DD215-B629-403E-B9C1-F1D18FA6E33E.jpeg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A2 (Fine) - Montblanc Irish Green

Parker "51" Aerometric (Broad, England) - Waterman Black

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refill

Darailpenz pen for today!

PXL_20220323_141859023.thumb.jpg.7a08336d7a8038fe2e6cfce282d80f3c.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

9 hours ago, Waverly said:

Today I am using a Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman “frankenpen” that I restored myself.   The original blind cap was damaged during the restoration, so I replaced it with a burgundy one.  I think it gives the pen character and I have no plans to replace it with a black one.

39C619B7-0CE2-4787-B581-3E20260EFF5F.jpeg

091DD215-B629-403E-B9C1-F1D18FA6E33E.jpeg

Totally agree with you. Definitely adds a very nice touch to the pen.

Kind of a wabi sabi enhanced perspective.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Today it's been the Noodler's Konrad Forbidden City flex nib, finishing up a fill of Noodler's Heart of Darkness; and the Noodler's FPC Cobalt, flex nib -- freshly inked up with Birmingham Pens Herr's Island Ultramarine.

Technically, though, since I got to bed after midnight last night, you could also include the Morrison sterling filigree overlay ringtop, semi flex F nib, with Waterman Tender Purple.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today's journal pen is a Slate Grey Pilot Prera with a fine italic nib (from a Pilot Plumix). The ink is Diamine Graphite (top right of pic). Yesterday I had it filled with Iroshizuku fuyu-syogun (rest of pic). I really like the Iro ink - it's blue-grey is just the right hue for the pen, but it's too pale. The Diamine is too neutral, dark enough, but too neutral. Next...

large.PilotPrera.jpg.326a04940fe026f9988759f1acdedeb9.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure: