• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoo, playing catch up again after a hectic week. French Waterman CF from the 50’s and Pelikan M605 black tortoise have been in use all week. Nib on the Pelikan is very nice now that Kirk worked his magic. Still a little broad for a Medium for my tastes but I no longer hate it. Currently auditioning inks to hopefully get a tiny bit thinner line. @langere I have an 845 Custom with a broad nib and it’s one of the pens I’ll never part with. Glad you’re enjoying yours. @Blue Inked Fingers that Wyvern is spectacular.

I expect that today will be a pen heavy day, as the Hub is tonight and I want to double check the grinds and mechanisms on the 100 Jinhao 992 and Nonami Chinese piston pens we are using for ink demonstration. I’m bringing my ‘95 M400 OM blue striped Pelikan and my Geha 722 to the Hub, and I will no doubt be checking out other people’s pens. There will be some pens for sale, so who knows what I might encounter.

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

On 9/26/2024 at 3:06 AM, USG said:

Hey RP

Are either of those green inks a bright green?

My Namiki Shogun says Hello....😀👍

large.IMG_7062800A.JPG.2a926436306ef62f3c4a1cf9bf718734.JPG

The Shogun design is beautiful 🤩. I also love that the nib isn’t rhodium plated, I think if I buy another sterling Pilot/Namiki I would like it to have a yellow gold nib. Both versions are pretty. I wonder when this series stopped being Namiki and started being Pilot? 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

@Blue Inked Fingers that Wyvern is gorgeous! 🤩 

This week I have been using the Faber Castell Essentio in M, inked with the Pelikan Golden Lapis. The pen writes perfectly fine and handles the shimmer ink better than my TWSBI 580 in M which clogged last week.

Just inked up a Narwhal New York.  I continue to be amazed by the good nibs this company has on its pens and the ergonomic shape that feels so comfortable in the hand.  The ink is DeAtramentis Cyan-Blue Copper, which is about as good as a color match you could find with this pen.20240927_150454.thumb.jpg.338763aee64e1046f2c3b0a18c207bd2.jpg

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

18 hours ago, langere said:

Just inked up a Narwhal New York.  I continue to be amazed by the good nibs this company has on its pens and the ergonomic shape that feels so comfortable in the hand.  The ink is DeAtramentis Cyan-Blue Copper, which is about as good as a color match you could find with this pen.20240927_150454.thumb.jpg.338763aee64e1046f2c3b0a18c207bd2.jpg

Very Nice Iangere 😀👍

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

19 hours ago, langere said:

... The ink is DeAtramentis Cyan-Blue Copper, which is about as good as a color match you could find with this pen. 

Might better be careful with that stuff. When I was looking to buy some I saw in Mtn. of Ink's review she had clogging issues with every pen it was tried in. Scared me off it!  

I got 99 problems but a BIC ain't one! 

~◇◇◇◇~

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~◇◇◇◇~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every 6 months. 

You have to be a bit careful with ANY shimmer ink, JustJ....

For me, so far today, it's been the (working) black 51 Vac, F(?) nib, with the T6 date code, still with vintage Quink Permanent Blue Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

10 hours ago, Just J said:

Might better be careful with that stuff. When I was looking to buy some I saw in Mtn. of Ink's review she had clogging issues with every pen it was tried in. Scared me off it!  

Yes, it has clogged all of the pens I have put it in as well.  But I wash it out and then it works again. 

After if finish the converter, I do a complete cleanup of the nib and the feed before I put the pen away.

Erick

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

PIlot G-2 07. LOL. Yeah the weekend and I am home, and the newish pens are at the office.  Guess I dont quite want to tell

wife that I picked up another expensive habit.

13 hours ago, Just J said:

I will put in a good word for the Columbia Blue-Copper. I had it in a TWSBI Eco stub for a good while with no clogging problems. 

I’m going to use the new Kaweco DIY Sport in Berry with 1.1mm stub nib I got for my birthday. I put KWZ Sapphire blue ink in a cartridge for the pen. 

Posted Image

Rolled gold Parker 61 and my modern reissue Parker 51 both with Parker Quink blue ink 

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png