• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wrote my Pelikan Twist P-10 and Lanbitou 696 dry and cleaned them. They had Pelikan Edelstein Rose Quartz and Platignum Black/ Wearingeul Brain respectively, I also wrote with my MB 144 F Solitaire Doué inked with Sailor 2022 Pen Show Exclusive ink/Wearingeul Brain and a Unic F cartridge pen inked with Diamine Earl Grey. 

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Just inked up this beauty today!

20240923_201424.thumb.jpg.200cdd2549aedeaae4bbe86fbe2aac80.jpg

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

15 hours ago, Mechanical said:

Wow, @USG,  that Dark Lilac!

So far, Only on Cosmo Snow and Iroful  🤥

Edit:Tomoe River S

large.IMG_7014800.JPG.686156d9fb0b506f220e6e4391dfc611.JPG

large.IMG_7010800.JPG.2287bb337765fad8c91342285fcaf62c.JPG

10 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

I just wrote my Pelikan Twist P-10 and Lanbitou 696 dry and cleaned them. They had Pelikan Edelstein Rose Quartz and Platignum Black/ Wearingeul Brain respectively, I also wrote with my MB 144 F Solitaire Doué inked with Sailor 2022 Pen Show Exclusive ink/Wearingeul Brain and a Unic F cartridge pen inked with Diamine Earl Grey. 

Very nice PGC, what a selection of pens and inks 😀...  What paper were you writing on?

I wanted to ask you about 'Brain'.  Did you say it was more colorful than Silver Shoes?  I really have to order it.

10 hours ago, langere said:

Just inked up this beauty today!

20240923_201424.thumb.jpg.200cdd2549aedeaae4bbe86fbe2aac80.jpg

Very nice.... looks like a Pilot 845 😀👍

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

9 hours ago, USG said:

Very nice PGC, what a selection of pens and inks 😀...  What paper were you writing on?

I wanted to ask you about 'Brain'.  Did you say it was more colorful than Silver Shoes?  I really have to order it.

Thank you! I was writing on several different papers: my journal and mostly junk mail or other scraps that I thought might be interesting, some worked well- I will add those to the trios thread, and some were poor and condemned to the recycling bin. 

Wearingeul’s Brain is gorgeous. It’s a rose gold, and has looked amazing so far in teal and black ink.  Here’s Brain in Sailor’s 2022 Pen Show exclusive ink:

large.IMG_1270.jpeg.a585809be478cbeeedcc76f060f2011f.jpeg

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Today’s pen is a Hongdian N8 Maple Leaves with an Anderson Pens 1.1mm stub nib. I refilled it today with De Atramentis Autumn ink. 

Posted Image

Jinhao 159 green with Private  Reserve, Sherwood Green and Pilot Petit 1  with Noodler's Hunter Green.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that it’s Sterling Silver Day (9/25 in the US dating system), so today I am using my Pilot Silvern IB with Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-Same. 

Today’s pen of the day is a Pilot Prera Ivory with CB nib (calligraphy broad) filled from a sample of KWZ Scriptus 2017 Confederation Brown. 

Posted Image

Today it's been the recently re-materialized purple Pilot Falcon, SF nib, still with Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 9/24/2024 at 3:39 PM, Penguincollector said:

Thank you! I was writing on several different papers: my journal and mostly junk mail or other scraps that I thought might be interesting, some worked well- I will add those to the trios thread, and some were poor and condemned to the recycling bin. 

Wearingeul’s Brain is gorgeous. It’s a rose gold, and has looked amazing so far in teal and black ink.  Here’s Brain in Sailor’s 2022 Pen Show exclusive ink:

large.IMG_1270.jpeg.a585809be478cbeeedcc76f060f2011f.jpeg

Haha, looks wonderful, of course I don't have that ink...  😁👍

Rummaging around today, but what I noticed was that the recent batches of Cosmo Snow, both A4 and A5 size, are not the same quality as it was previously.  I haven't done extensive testing but as you can see below, Ajisai feathered from a wet Pilot 742 FA.  It's still a form of Cosmo Snow because it picked up the Outlining on Yamabuki, which, so far, only Cosmo Snow and Iroful have been able to do.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

large.9-26-24D-1-2.jpg.cfb95382040c35cb70e84871bac387ea.jpg

large.IMG_705780A.JPG.7aec0f55a704eb4c3497cf84f20f6c85.JPG

large.IMG_7058800A.JPG.cbb2c8917f61388bbfd4646b9cd02058.JPG

22 hours ago, RedPie said:

Jinhao 159 green with Private  Reserve, Sherwood Green and Pilot Petit 1  with Noodler's Hunter Green.

Hey RP

Are either of those green inks a bright green?

17 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that it’s Sterling Silver Day (9/25 in the US dating system), so today I am using my Pilot Silvern IB with Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-Same. 

My Namiki Shogun says Hello....😀👍

large.IMG_7062800A.JPG.2a926436306ef62f3c4a1cf9bf718734.JPG

59 minutes ago, USG said:

Hey RP

The Noodler's Hunter green is:

IMG_9180.JPG.91268c970de29e14bb6e267db2c5903f.JPG

4 hours ago, USG said:

Hey RP

Love that pen!

the Danitrio Fellowship

13 hours ago, Misfit said:

@inkstainedruth hey, if that pen rematerialized, then maybe your TWSBI Vac will. 

Thanks.  One can only hope.  I wasn't overly enamored of it but it was a 700 Vac "Iris" (one of the ones with the rainbow clip and trim), so kinda pretty.  But have a horrible feeling that it got lost when I was checking in for the camping event for the other hobby in August.  And so who knows if it got turned into Lost and Found (I didn't think to check there, the way I did when I dropped the M405 Stresemann a few years ago, because I was spending so much time running hither and yon, and commuting back and forth (I was sleeping at home because I didn't think I could manage 2 weeks in a tent, the way my allergies have been this spring and summer -- and have just started getting allergy shots, so will see how THAT goes...).

Today, so far, it's been the recent gift of the Sheaffer No Nonsense with the IF nib.  Had to refill it twice to get through morning pages, because the pen is so wet a writer (currently running some vintage Skrip Peacock Blue through it but that seems to be too wet an ink).  Once I flush it out, I may try something like Edelstein Topaz in the pen, to see if that (a drier ink) is better behaved.

Later today I will probably pull the Pilot Falcon back out.  I still have to finish balancing the checkbook -- was so brain fried last night (between getting woken up at 8:30 AM by a bad thunderstorm and then having to run errands in the afternoon) that I couldn't concentrate on doing arithmetic -- even with the calculator app on my laptop....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

7 hours ago, USG said:

Hey RP

My tired eyes read "Namiki Shotgun."

Not sure which culture, or both, would be appropriated!

18 hours ago, RedPie said:

The Noodler's Hunter green is:

IMG_9180.JPG.91268c970de29e14bb6e267db2c5903f.JPG

Wow that's bright.  Thanks for posting a pic RP. 😀👍

@Bo Bo Olson  How close is Noodler's Hunter Green to original Pelikan Brillant Grun?

14 hours ago, Doug C said:

Love that pen!

Thank you DC 😀👍  It's a favorite.

12 hours ago, kazoolaw said:

My tired eyes read "Namiki Shotgun."

Not sure which culture, or both, would be appropriated!

LOL...

On 9/25/2024 at 3:44 PM, Misfit said:

Today’s pen of the day is a Pilot Prera Ivory with CB nib (calligraphy broad) filled from a sample of KWZ Scriptus 2017 Confederation Brown. 

Hi MzFit

I was reading an ad by EndlessPens and it lead to a short tutorial on grinding a nib into a stub.  Looked pretty simple.

https://endlesspens.com/blogs/the-sunday-scribble/how-to-grind-a-simple-stub-nib?_pos=5&_sid=b3e4bf40a&_ss=r