What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

12 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Interesting cap design. I have never seen one like it before.

Any chance to get additional pictures of the cap?

Thank you...

Absolutely. Kim has a new macro lens I need to test. Give me a few days and I’ll find time to take pics with a real camera. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

very nice writing. You obviously know what you are doing.

Sorry we missed each other. It would have been nice to meet another FPNer. AND, I might have had something nice for you at my tables!

Maybe next year?

Thank you. This is currently as far as I can go in terms of flex modifications.

Next year, well, who knows... If I can still have the chance to be at the Boston area at the time, then let's definitely meet and talk.

I’m using a pen I received today in the mail. It’s a Monteverde Mountains of the World Black Mountains with 1.1mm stub nib. I put Sailor Studio 123 ink in it. 

large.IMG_1053.jpeg.4f83c3d831c0fc0ac9974d6c9071579e.jpeg

Posted Image

I was using a Lanbitou 696 EF for my chore list, a Majohn N8 EF glass nib for swatch cards, and a MontBlanc 144 Solitaire Doué F for journaling. I’m about to run something paper tests or color so there will be a few more pens used. 

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

On 9/19/2024 at 6:25 AM, Gloucesterman said:

Interesting cap design. I have never seen one like it before.

Any chance to get additional pictures of the cap?

Thank you...

Going to be a bit before I have time to break out a camera so hopefully this helps. Using the Waterman Gentleman again today. Was going to use my CF but wouldn’t you know the ink decide to run out and I don’t have time to clean and refill right now? 

20240920_074627_resized.jpeg

Nahvalur Nautilus Tideland and Sheaffer 100 in black after I finally got the last of the Diamine Onyx Black out of it and got the true colour of Sheaffer Peacock blue.

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

1 hour ago, Mark from Yorkshire said:

... finally got the last of the Diamine Onyx Black out of it and got the true colour of Sheaffer Peacock blue.

Sounds like a 23rd chapter of Revelations! 

I got 99 problems but a BIC ain't one! 

~◇◇◇◇~

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~◇◇◇◇~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every 6 months. 

13 minutes ago, Just J said:

Sounds like a 23rd chapter of Revelations! 

Wouldn’t know I’ve never read it. 

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

On 9/19/2024 at 3:49 PM, AkitaMom said:

Just inked my new Pelikan 600 ( the solid black w/ ink window) in Iroshizuku Asa-Gao! Letter writing today!

How does your Pelikan 600 compare to your old Montblanc 149 B nib? Did you get the B nib on the Pelikan? Seems also you prefer all black pens. 

I’ve yet to choose a pen for the day, and it’s very late in the day. Hmm, what to choose? Ah, it will be the Kaweco AL Sport in rose gold with F nib. 

Posted Image

I never really thought about favouring one colour pen over another! My vintage Parker Golden Pearl and my Dad's Dunhill (black) are other pens I use regularly.  My two Montblanc are black (the Meisterstuck 149), my 144 Classique is Burgundy (it was a gift from my Husband).  I have a Blue marbled Waterman bought at a local stationers, and the first fountain pen I bought as a teen : Parker made in USA not GB silver metal. A 'found' Wearever pen I haven't taken the time to 'trace'. Wow, didn't expect to carry on listing my pens! 

Today’s pen of the day is a TWSBI Vac Mini clear with 1.1mm stub nib filled with De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes ink. 

Posted Image

Yesterday it was one of the Parker 51 Vacs with the "T6" code (still trying to figure out where the second one, which has someone's name engraved on the barrel, came from...).  Not sure whether it's got an M or an F nib on it.  Wasn't sure how full it was at that point so I grabbed the bottle of vintage Quink Permanent Blue Black I'd been using in it -- just in case, but did NOT have to refill the pen! :thumbup:

Today it's been the Sailor Pro Gear Slim Purple Cosmos, zoom nib, still with (old formula?) Sailor Jentle Sky High.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today’s pen is the TWSBI Diamond Mini in white and rose gold version 2 with 1.1mm stun nib. It’s filled with J Herbin Colors of Paris Tour Eiffel ink. 

Posted Image

Today's pen is a piston fill pink/purple Lorelei 667 EF inked with Diamine Vivaldi. Again.

I have the same pen in blue/green and the pair have been taking turns as daily pen for several months. I really do enjoy them,  probably more than my TWSBI Ecos because they're just as dry resistant, but prettier. If they came in other colours I would be looking for sure.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Three Pens

2 JInaho X159s, Diamine Winter Miracle, Lamy Dark Lilac

Pilot 743 <SFM>  Sailor Manyo Konagi

Cosmo Snow Paper

large.IMG_7001800.JPG.e48dbbaef2a562f2cbef42c342d034c0.JPG

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

8 hours ago, USG said:

Three Pens

2 JInaho X159s, Diamine Winter Miracle, Lamy Dark Lilac

Pilot 743 <SFM>  Sailor Manyo Konagi

Cosmo Snow Paper

large.IMG_7001800.JPG.e48dbbaef2a562f2cbef42c342d034c0.JPG

Wow, @USG,  that Dark Lilac!

Currently most used pen: Eboya Houju Medium size with Bock 14K <F> nib -- Pilot Blue Black Ink