What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

15 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

May I ask for your comments about this pen? I have been thinking of buying one but for one or another reason it has been postponed. Thanks.

Funny you should ask me, who has 8 Monteverde Mountains of the World pens all with stub nibs! I like the current Mountain pens better because Monteverde has redesigned them.  Previously the pens had a silver end cap, and black section.  The new design has the pen in the same acrylic where the former didn’t.  

large.IMG_1048.jpeg.67f75c5df81fae54d3e44a2be7d9e778.jpeg

large.IMG_1050.jpeg.9c775203a42aeba4ca5f80577ecefbca.jpeg

I get mine with 1.1mm stub nibs. They write wonderfully. I have a previous version, the Black Mountains pen, on the way from eBay. I didn’t buy it when it was in the lineup, but looked for it recently. I recommend finding them on sale. And look for coupon codes. 

The Mountain pens have been around since 2005. They started with Cortina and Mauna Kea. I’ve been trying to find out how many Mountain pens have been made. I know the first two were around in 2009 from posts here. I didn’t know about them until I’d guess 2013 or so. 

Posted Image

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I plan on using a Levenger True Writer Pinkly, a tinted demonstrator pen, with M nib, once I fill it with Levenger Pinkly ink. 

Posted Image

A bunch: getting ready for the Pelikan Hub so M1000, Toledo, M605, M101N, and white tortoise. 

Also a Nahvalur Eclipse,  a Piper, and a Taccia. 

the Danitrio Fellowship

So far today, it's been one of the recent acquisition blue Vectors, M nib, still with Birmingham Muskrat.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

19 hours ago, Misfit said:

Funny you should ask me, who has 8 Monteverde Mountains of the World pens all with stub nibs! I like the current Mountain pens better because Monteverde has redesigned them.  Previously the pens had a silver end cap, and black section.  The new design has the pen in the same acrylic where the former didn’t.  

large.IMG_1048.jpeg.67f75c5df81fae54d3e44a2be7d9e778.jpeg

large.IMG_1050.jpeg.9c775203a42aeba4ca5f80577ecefbca.jpeg

I get mine with 1.1mm stub nibs. They write wonderfully. I have a previous version, the Black Mountains pen, on the way from eBay. I didn’t buy it when it was in the lineup, but looked for it recently. I recommend finding them on sale. And look for coupon codes. 

The Mountain pens have been around since 2005. They started with Cortina and Mauna Kea. I’ve been trying to find out how many Mountain pens have been made. I know the first two were around in 2009 from posts here. I didn’t know about them until I’d guess 2013 or so. 

Those are sharp looking pens.  I quite like the silver end cap but I can understand the preference for the resin one.  They both have great shapes and some really nice details.

Early morning start today. CS Belliver to finish off some paperwork.  I'll be switching to the Onoto Scholar when I actually go out.

Sheaffer Intensity and Conway Stewart Dinkie 560 so far today.

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Waterman Expert today, medium steel nib with Inspired Blue. Bought this pen about 6 months ago and was unimpressed, cleaned it out and set it aside. Kirk Speer transformed it and it’s a pleasure to write with. Smooth, wet, and consistent. I like it so much I’m taking it to the office with me tomorrow.

20240918_132727_resized.jpeg

MISFIT, Thank you for the answer. I will follow your recommendations. Recently I have been only using 1.1. nibs.

5 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

MISFIT, Thank you for the answer. I will follow your recommendations. Recently I have been only using 1.1. nibs.

Nice to have a fellow fan of 1.1mm stub nibs. I hope, if you get one, you will truly enjoy it. 

Posted Image

9 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

Waterman Expert today, medium steel nib with Inspired Blue. Bought this pen about 6 months ago and was unimpressed, cleaned it out and set it aside. Kirk Speer transformed it and it’s a pleasure to write with. Smooth, wet, and consistent. I like it so much I’m taking it to the office with me tomorrow.

20240918_132727_resized.jpeg

Interesting cap design. I have never seen one like it before.

Any chance to get additional pictures of the cap?

Thank you...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Edison Glenmont with Bock 250 titanium cross flex nib and Flexible Nib Factory J6E ebonite feed, both modified by me. The nib is ground to XXF by Richard Binder at the 2024 Commonwealth Pen Show.

Edison Glenmont titanium cross flex 01.jpg

Just inked my new Pelikan 600 ( the solid black w/ ink window) in Iroshizuku Asa-Gao! Letter writing today!

A first-gen Aero "51" in teal that continues to be a pretty competent writer, despite some strange and extremely persistent flow issues that seem like they're basically baked into this pen.

Fingers crossed for Sheaffer’s future

1 hour ago, Topgunbai said:

Edison Glenmont with Bock 250 titanium cross flex nib and Flexible Nib Factory J6E ebonite feed, both modified by me. The nib is ground to XXF by Richard Binder at the 2024 Commonwealth Pen Show.

Edison Glenmont titanium cross flex 01.jpg

very nice writing. You obviously know what you are doing.

Sorry we missed each other. It would have been nice to meet another FPNer. AND, I might have had something nice for you at my tables!

Maybe next year?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

4 hours ago, Blue Inked Fingers said:

A Conway Stewart 15, with Diamine Onyx.

This is a very attractive pen.  Do you know what material was used?

Currently most used pen: Eboya Houju Medium size with Bock 14K <F> nib -- Pilot Blue Black Ink