What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

On 9/11/2024 at 12:21 PM, RedPie said:

Jinhao 159 green with Private Reserve Sherwood Green...

image0(22).jpeg.ac021104e323493113f4bbea0c89a8f7.jpeg

Haven't seen that color in the 159 before. Vivid!  LOL 

Me like!

I got 99 problems but a BIC ain't one! 

~◇◇◇◇~

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~◇◇◇◇~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every 6 months. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Just J said:

Haven't seen that color in the 159 before. Vivid!  LOL 

Me like!

They have a great variety of colors now! Orange, blue, gold, red, white, black and yellow. They are all good colors and good writers. 

My pen of the day is a TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Mint Blue with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Diamine Soft Mint. 

Posted Image

Taking lots of notes today with my Schon Pocket Six with a fine Franklin Christoph nib.  Fun pen for both writing and sketching.

English Parker "51" Aerometric.  Medium nib. 

IMG_5402.jpg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A2 (Fine) - Montblanc Irish Green

Parker "51" Aerometric (Broad, England) - Waterman Black

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refill

Onoto Scholar, medium nib, Diamine Tudor Blue ink.

@Waverly That's an interesting color.  I don't think I've ever seen a 51 quite that color (or is it just the lighting and it's really Navy Gray? -- since Dove Grey is a 51 Vac color).

Today for me it's mostly been one of the black 51 Vacs (one of the two pens with the "T6" code on them), .  I had misplaced it, but found it yesterday afternoon.  Just refilled it earlier today with vintage Quink Permanent Blue Black.  Even though it had been missing for the better part of a week, it started right up this morning -- just didn't have enough ink in it to finish morning pages (that got finished with what I think is a Waterman Exclusive, F nib (a pen I didn't remember having until recently) which is inked up with some of the vintage Skrip Royal Blue I picked up at an antiques shop last weekend).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Montegrappa Brenta, Waterman Gentleman, Waterman Expert, Pelikan M600 black tortoise, and my wife’s Visconti Van Gogh. None of these pens were all they could and should have been, so they went to see Kirk Speer on Saturday. All but one of these pens sat uninked because they were no fun to write with. Kirk fixed that. I can’t recommend his work highly enough, each of these is marvelous now. 

20240915_105904_resized.jpeg

Today I have used my Wahl-Eversharp Symphony 913, and am testing a converter in a Unic brand pen that belongs to a friend. She couldn’t find any cartridges or converters that fit, so I offered to take it home with me and see if I had anything that fit. It turned out that Herbin fits, as I think it’s a French brand, that tracks. A Chinese converter fits as well, so I bundled up an empty Herbin cartridge, a Larmes de Cassis cartridge, and the converter with the Fine nibbed Unic to take to the Hub for her. This pen is a wonderful writer so far. 

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

14 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

@Waverly That's an interesting color.  I don't think I've ever seen a 51 quite that color (or is it just the lighting and it's really Navy Gray? -- since Dove Grey is a 51 Vac color).

Today for me it's mostly been one of the black 51 Vacs (one of the two pens with the "T6" code on them), .  I had misplaced it, but found it yesterday afternoon.  Just refilled it earlier today with vintage Quink Permanent Blue Black.  Even though it had been missing for the better part of a week, it started right up this morning -- just didn't have enough ink in it to finish morning pages (that got finished with what I think is a Waterman Exclusive, F nib (a pen I didn't remember having until recently) which is inked up with some of the vintage Skrip Royal Blue I picked up at an antiques shop last weekend).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

It was a bad photo.  The pen is more of Dove Gray than a Navy Gray because I have both and can compare them. However this is an English "51" so who knows what Parker did 70 years ago. 

IMG_5403.jpg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A2 (Fine) - Montblanc Irish Green

Parker "51" Aerometric (Broad, England) - Waterman Black

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refill

MB 220 today.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

1 hour ago, PAKMAN said:

MB 220 today.

I just bought a 220P this weekend. Keep writing & in about a week I'll join ya! ~8》

I got 99 problems but a BIC ain't one! 

~◇◇◇◇~

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~◇◇◇◇~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every 6 months. 

Today’s pen is the Monteverde Mountains of the World Orange Mountains with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Faber-Castell Burned Orange ink. 

Posted Image

3 hours ago, Misfit said:

Today’s pen is the Monteverde Mountains of the World Orange Mountains with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Faber-Castell Burned Orange ink. 

May I ask for your comments about this pen? I have been thinking of buying one but for one or another reason it has been postponed. Thanks.

At work with my green Jinhao 159, filled with Private Reserve, Sherwood Green. 

Waterman Gentleman, Fine nib with Waterman Inspired Blue. The Waterman’s from this period are so wonderful. I need to acquire a Le Man 200 to complete this trifecta.

20240917_062628_resized.jpeg

CS Belliver with a broad nib that writes like it has a medium nib. This pen is inked with Diamine Regency Blue.