What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

@RedPie there is a yellow pen club thread. Oh, you’ve already posted on the thread. 🤭

Posted Image

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today’s pen of the day is the Pelikan Cafe Creme. It now has a new nib I got on eBay, an IB or italic broad. The pen has J Herbin Cafe des Iles ink that I put a drop of Vanness White Lightning in 10ml of. 

Posted Image

14 hours ago, Misfit said:

there is a yellow pen club thread. Oh, you’ve already posted on the thread. 🤭

💛👍

Black Sheaffer slender balance, EF needle nib with just a bit of scratch. Restored by @Ron Z and it's a pleasure to own and write with.

Today I've been using a pair of Swans with Diamine ink. The circa 1920 USA made gold fill Swan is a recent purchase and restoration.

20240910_164110.jpeg

3 hours ago, pan101 said:

Today I've been using a pair of Swans with Diamine ink. The circa 1920 USA made gold fill Swan is a recent purchase and restoration.

20240910_164110.jpeg

Pan, very nice pens! Did you do the restoration yourself? And if not you, who? Also, really nice script. 

2 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Pan, very nice pens! Did you do the restoration yourself? And if not you, who? Also, really nice script. 

Thanks yubaprof, yes I do the restoration myself. In this case the most difficult part was getting the section out of the body, it fought all the way. Unfortunately I slipped with the tool and quite deeply scratched an otherwise perfect section. After complete disassembly I put it through my ultrasonic tank, reassembled and fitted a new sac. The nib needed little work other than a bit of smoothing and a light polish. I polished out the section scratch as much as I dared, did a bit of gold plating over it and another light polish.

Today was mostly the Pelikan M400 White Tortoise (B) inked with Edelstein Olivine and the Eversharp Skyline (F) with Waterman Serenity Blue. Although a few others got used as well.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Today it's been the recently acquired black Parker 61 (F?) nib, still with whatever ink (now diluted) was in the capillary filler -- I'm guessing possibly Quink Blue Black from the color; and the Sailor Pro Gear Slim Purple Cosmos (zoom nib) still with (old formula?) Sailor Sky High.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Opus 88 Celestial Zodiac <1.4S> mini & 

JinHao 9013 <M> & 

Esterbrook B Bandless <2314-F LOS>, 

& right proud of myself in doing so. 

But why would anyone really care?  

I got 99 problems but a BIC ain't one! 

~◇◇◇◇~

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~◇◇◇◇~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every 6 months. 

Beautiful pens @pan101 and @kazoolaw. Trying to slow things down around here so it’s a Dos Tortugas week. One white one with Fine nib and Tick Tock Croc and and one 1952-53 brown one with EF nib and 4001 Royal Blue. Haven’t slowed things down worth a darn but sure are fun to write with!

20240910_171210_resized.jpeg

MB 220

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Opus 88 Celestial Zodiac <1.4S> mini & 

JinHao 9013 <M> & 

Esterbrook B Bandless <2314-F LOS>, 

& right proud of myself in doing so. 

But why would anyone really care?  

OH! forgot to mention - the 9013 has the new 'Heartbeat' nib. Still new-ish, so not enough experience yet to make a call but, so far so good. After filling, wiped off the drool & it immediately wrote, with no skips or hardies.  Any impressions from others? 

I got 99 problems but a BIC ain't one! 

~◇◇◇◇~

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~◇◇◇◇~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every 6 months.