What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

I used four pens doing paperwork earlier.  Two Onotos (Magna & Scholar) and two Conway Stewarts (Belliver & Churchill).  It was unintentional and a matter of which one was closest when I needed to write.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waterman Phileas (purple-ish) w/ whatever came in the cartridge the dealer sent with it.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

2 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Waterman Phileas (purple-ish) w/ whatever came in the cartridge the dealer sent with it.

👍 I have a green one and it writes good and feels good. Congratulations! 

Today I am using a Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman, fine nib.  

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A2 (Fine) - Montblanc Irish Green

Parker "51" Aerometric (Broad, England) - Waterman Black

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refill

New Parker 51 and Sheaffer 100 black with chrome trim running Parker Quink blue cartridge and Sheaffer Peacock blue cartridge.

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

So far today (and sadly, for various reasons I've been on my computer a lot more) it's been the Sailor Pro Gear Slim Purple Cosmos (zoom nib) which got put back into rotation a few days ago.  It's inked up with (sadly discontinued) Sailor Jentle Sky High.

But I also have the recently acquired black Parker 61 (F? nib) -- still with whatever was in the capillary filler when I got the pen -- at hand.  Although it appears that I'm going to have to flush the pen a bit to get the ink flowing again (it's now sort of a game to see if I can run that pen with the ink still in it for as long as I did for my first 61 -- which was something like 3 months of re-flushing when it ran dry until the ink got so diluted it was barely legible on the page.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

onoto 3000 and not feeling its age at all, an impressive performer.

13 minutes ago, lionelc said:

onoto 3000 and not feeling its age at all, an impressive performer.

Does it have an over under feed? Great design, using a dark blue Waterman commando today

Regards, Glen

just has an under feed @GlenV, it's so old that the black rubber has turned brown except for the section.  

Today’s pen is a Levenger True Writer Sea Glass (original version) with a fine nib. It has enough Sailor Souten ink left for the page a day I write in a Leuchtturm notebook. 

The original Sea Glass has black jewels like the vintage Esterbrook pens on which the True Writer is based. The current version has the same material as jewels as the pen body. 

Posted Image

Today I’m using a vintage British Parker Duofold Junior from (I think) the early 60s.

Edited by Blue Inked Fingers

I’m using a pen for the first time: blue Jinhao 80 with a Lamy z55 EF nib, inked with Pelikan Edelstein Golden Beryl. 

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

1 hour ago, Penguincollector said:

I’m using a pen for the first time: blue Jinhao 80 with a Lamy z55 EF nib, inked with Pelikan Edelstein Golden Beryl. 

Any problems with this combination?

Boy, get busy and miss a few days and it’s hard to catch up! Been using this Montegrappa Extra 1930 with EF nib and ku-jaku last few days. Actually took the pic in my office yesterday and just got a chance to post. Blue marble Pilot VP with kon-peki was in use for a few days prior. Glad to see y’all have had time to play while I was otherwise occupied ha ha ha.

20240905_064339_resized.jpeg

17 hours ago, Misfit said:

The original Sea Glass has black jewels like the vintage Esterbrook pens on which the True Writer is based

Now, if only Levergers would offer the range of optional nibs (at reasonable prices, of course) that Esterbrook did, I would have many, many more of them. As it is, I have "only" 4 or 5  True Writer pens. And, about 20 Esterbrook pens with maybe 20+ different nibs.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

On 9/5/2024 at 9:39 AM, Mark from Yorkshire said:

New Parker 51 and Sheaffer 100 black with chrome trim running Parker Quink blue cartridge and Sheaffer Peacock blue cartridge.

Nice! 🩵

I’m inspired by use my navy blue Sheaffer Compact II B that’s also been inked with that cartridge.  I’m also using a Majohn N8 with glass nib and a E.S. Perry italic 95 broad straight dip pen to swatch the Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu ink that just arrived. 

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery