What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

6 hours ago, ZeroDukE said:

large.IMG_3100.jpeg.ccfe55434b241b5d8106ac98d6cdcaa5.jpeg

Blue herringbone & wide capband:  very handsome!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Continuing with the Conklin Duragraph pens, today’s Duragraph is the Cracked Ice with 1.1mm stub nib filled today with J Herbin Cacao du Bresil ink. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, ZeroDukE said:

Thank you, @Penguincollector!  This is one of my favourite CS.  I don't have any Parker Parkette yet, but I've seen some and they were very nice.  I'll have to think in getting one in the near future.

When you go looking, there are two versions, a very pretty celluloid one, and a later one that looks like a lever fill Parker 21. Both are nice for lower tier pens.

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

8 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

When you go looking, there are two versions, a very pretty celluloid one, and a later one that looks like a lever fill Parker 21. Both are nice for lower tier pens.

Thanks for your advice, @PenguincollectorI saw a lot in red, not much in other colours. I wonder why. But there was one on celluloid with a golden shine, very interesting.

Think Different

I'm presently really enjoying my Waldmann pocket pen (925 silver, steel Fine nib), which I've had for well over two years.

It's 9cm (~3.5") closed and 12.5cm (~5")when posted. The cap is 2/3 of the length of the pen and screws to post. The barrel is only just long enough to accept a standard international cartridge. This is very different from my usual writing instrument. I prefer to use pistons or vac-fillers, or at least a converter, and I don't usually like metal grip sections. With this one, I'll make an exception. It writes so beautifully that I recently refilled it rather than cleaning it out once it ran dry, something I seldom do.

Parker 75 Cisele. Earlier tjis summer, I grabbed it from the "near at hand" cooffee mug of pens. What a delight! 

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

@welch What's the nib on your 75 Ciselé?  Mine's got a B nib and it's just delightful.  But I made the mistake of using it with MB Jimi Hendrix LE ink and am now just kicking myself that I didn't get a second bottle (yeah, at regular retail price at that :wallbash:) when I had a chance....  

That purple ink looked SOOOOO good coming out of that sterling silver pen....  Sigh....

Today's pens for me: 

1) Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Purple Cosmos, zoom nib, with Sailor Jentle Sky High (another ink I should have gotten more of when I had the chance :headsmack:).

2) Parker 61, black, M? nib, still with whatever ink was in the pen when I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have been reconstituting and using.

3) Noodler's Charlie (red and brown marbled cap), flex nib, still with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

9 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

@welch What's the nib on your 75 Ciselé?  Mine's got a B nib and it's just delightful.  But I made the mistake of using it with MB Jimi Hendrix LE ink and am now just kicking myself that I didn't get a second bottle (yeah, at regular retail price at that :wallbash:) when I had a chance....  

That purple ink looked SOOOOO good coming out of that sterling silver pen....  Sigh....

Today's pens for me: 

1) Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Purple Cosmos, zoom nib, with Sailor Jentle Sky High (another ink I should have gotten more of when I had the chance :headsmack:).

2) Parker 61, black, M? nib, still with whatever ink was in the pen when I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have been reconstituting and using.

3) Noodler's Charlie (red and brown marbled cap), flex nib, still with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Hi, Ruth! 

Mine has a medium US nib. I also have a broad in a P-75 Premier Cisele, and a medium French nib / grip in a French-made 75, the sort that have the thick collector as part of the nib unit. The P-75 Prenier cisele is off-balanced, so I don't use it often.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

I'm not familiar with the 75 Premier.  What's the difference between them and a regular 75?  (Mine is a later model -- with the dished tassies -- but did not appear to have a date code.)

I got mine at a fairly decent price, but then had to get some repairs done on it, so, not as cheap as what I originally paid for it.... :(  Still, the sterling Ciselé is GORGEOUS.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I haven’t been able to put down this white tortoise M400. Beautiful little pen and the medium nib is so smooth and consistent it’s a joy to write with. If Kirk can make the medium on my M600 black tortoise behave like this one I’ll be oh so happy.

Another day, another Conklin, today it’s the Duragraph Voyager with 1.1mm stub nib. I cleaned it last night, and filled it today with Diamine 150th Anniversary Blood Orange ink. Not a great match, but it’s the ink I wanted to use. I think the best ink match I have would be Pelikan Edelstein Amber. 

Posted Image

Today's pen: a green Opus 88 Picnic F filled with Diamine Evergreen.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I'm working from home today so I can spoil myself: today's main pens will be an OMAS CS and a Lamy 2000.

Black Parker Duofold Centennial MK1 with 82 fine nib to office today. Had a lot of writing to do and it does that exceedingly well.

16 minutes ago, Cjtamu said:

Black Parker Duofold Centennial MK1 with 82 fine nib to office today. Had a lot of writing to do and it does that exceedingly well.

French Parker Sonnet tortoise resin w/ 18k fine nib with a little bit of flexibility!

Ink used was Pelikan Brown.

I thought it was just me  and a friend used it today and also found it a bit flexy 🙂

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

The Conklin trend continues today with the Forest green Duragraph with 1.1mm stub nib that I’m going to refill with Diamine Wagner. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

French Parker Sonnet tortoise resin w/ 18k fine nib with a little bit of flexibility!

Ink used was Pelikan Brown.

I thought it was just me  and a friend used it today and also found it a bit flexy 🙂

Wonderful. I have a “0” birthday in about a month and have been looking at some very nice pens as a happy bday to me present. All the way from Oscarson, Namiki, Danitrio, to less exorbitantly priced pens. Some of those pens are gorgeous works of art that also write. Absolutely stunning. And we all like beautiful pens. But for me, I’ve discovered it’s more about the writing experience. Having a pen that fits your hand like it was made for it, balances perfectly for you, glides across the page and makes your handwriting look MUCH better than it actually is. The way each pen is a unique writing experience. And little nuggets like finding an unexpectedly flexy nib. Well played, sir.

I have been writing in my planner all day, so it’s been an EF Jinhao 51a inked with Diamine Registrar’s Ink. It’s a good pen, reliable writer that I don’t balk at taking out of the house while running errands. 

Later tonight I’ll be using an ES Perry italic 95 Broad Straight dip pen with some mica powder/ fp ink combinations I have been experimenting with.

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

6 hours ago, RedPie said:

Jiaxiang JD, with Sailor Blue Black ink.

image0(20).jpeg.861ed7e60dd94119597ada0a9a1ed119.jpeg

I like the way this fountain pen writes. Flawless. I've got the all-black one.

Think Different