What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Today it's been the Parker 45 Flighter, B nib, newly inked up with Robert Oster Dragon's Night; and one of the Noodler's Charlie eyedroppers, flex nib, still with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let my wife test out the pens acquired during her absence. As expected, it took less than 10 seconds of writing today for her to opine that the Sheaffer Tuckaway Crest certainly was small and might fit her hands much better than mine. Part of what she wrote with it was, “…is this an open market pen”? Ha ha ha. I can always find another Tucky 😉

I just got home from a rare second monthly meeting of my pen club and wrote with a so many different pens. The ones that remain in my memory the most are a beautiful blue 175 anniversary Cross Century II, some urushi and raden worked Karas Customs, a beautiful gold filled Targa, and a very heavy silver MB L. Medici. I also had my poor Osmiroid copperplate nib straightened out. 

I also inked a few for a turquoise ink comparison that I want to do. A couple of Wahls: Skyline, 913,  a  later hooded Parkette, and a Sheaffer Compact.

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

1 hour ago, Cjtamu said:

Let my wife test out the pens acquired during her absence. As expected, it took less than 10 seconds of writing today for her to opine that the Sheaffer Tuckaway Crest certainly was small and might fit her hands much better than mine. Part of what she wrote with it was, “…is this an open market pen”? Ha ha ha. I can always find another Tucky 😉

Ha!  Your wife is like my wife.  She also loooves that Crest Tucky...

Erick

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

Waterman Carene, Marine amber F nib, with Monteverde Copper Noir.

Using the white tortoise Pelikan M400, medium 2 chicks nib with Wearingeul Tick Tock Croc. I don’t remember ever seeing another with a 2 chicks cap and 2 chicks nib, but I’m sure there are. Looked on Pelikan’s Perch and he references a painted 1 chick nib prior to 2010, but this cap is definitely 2. Assuming it must have been an early manufacture. Writes wonderfully, very happy with it.

Ibis FP w/ medium nib and Pelikan 4001 black ink.

TWSBI 580 w/ BLS "B-Stub" by Pendleton Brown w/ Diamine Sapphire Blue ink

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

So far, it's been a Parker day for me:

1) One of the new to me blue Parker Vectors, M nib, still with Birmingham Pens Muskrat.

2) The new to me black Parker 61, ? nib; looks like an F, writes more like an M but it might be the [unknown] reconstituted ink that was in it.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Delta Autodromo di Monza 80th Anniversary LE

The Formula-1 Grand Prix in Monza, Italy is this weekend. As a long-time Formula-1 fan, I use a pen dedicated to the Monza circuit.large.IMG_9977.JPG.dd195fe3f62af1a110a70c98ef269d46.JPG

large.IMG_9978.JPG.f294582b222d03e03991661761cdd1b5.JPG

MB 220

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

2 hours ago, Tashi_Tsering said:

The Formula-1 Grand Prix in Monza, Italy is this weekend. As a long-time Formula-1 fan, I use a pen dedicated to the Monza circuit.large.IMG_9977.JPG.dd195fe3f62af1a110a70c98ef269d46.JPG

My appreciation of obstructions like this clip varies, it is very suitable for some pens, others... meh...

A example of a good obstruction is this pen with a very fine nib, used for strict attention to the neat writing of numbers.

Pilot Vanishing Point Fountain Pen - Black Carbonesque & Rhodium - 18K Stub Pt. - Picture 1 of 1

2 hours ago, Tashi_Tsering said:

I came close to buying this pen years ago.  While I was deliberating. Two women came up and bought it.

the Danitrio Fellowship

3 hours ago, Tashi_Tsering said:

I like the pen and F1. Nice! This weekend will be mostly red. I love it. 

Beautiful CS, @ZeroDukE

I’m using a very humble Parker, a later version blue Parkette. It has a very fine hooded Octanium nib. I thought it was clean when I bought it, or that I had cleaned it, but I inked it with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise-and what’s flowing is definitely NOT turquoise.

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I'm using the Onoto Scholar that I suddenly remembered was still in my otherwise unpacked travel backpack.  It was inked and packed a couple of days before my 'three day work trip' (turned into four days & I'm retired!).  That it wrote instantly with faultless the flow after being left unused for well over a fortnight is why I love Onotos.

To paraphrase a mate of mine; bl**dy great pens, they are!

5 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Beautiful CS, @ZeroDukE

I’m using a very humble Parker, a later version blue Parkette. It has a very fine hooded Octanium nib. I thought it was clean when I bought it, or that I had cleaned it, but I inked it with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise-and what’s flowing is definitely NOT turquoise.

Thank you, @Penguincollector!  This is one of my favourite CS.  I don't have any Parker Parkette yet, but I've seen some and they were very nice.  I'll have to think in getting one in the near future.

Think Different

3 hours ago, lionelc said:

very nice @ZeroDukE, what's the paper you were writing on?

The paper is Nat-natural paper that a friend gave me some time ago. It's made from sugar cane, no tree fiber, no bleaching chemicals.

Think Different