What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

33 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Who did the grinding? 

I'd rather not say.  Whilst the tipping and grind itself is fine, they managed to deface both the top and bottom sides of the 21k gold nib.

Add lightness and simplicate.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

I'd rather not say.  Whilst the tipping and grind itself is fine, they managed to deface both the top and bottom sides of the 21k gold nib.

That’s a shame. 

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I have four pens inked. Two Conway Stewart's and two Onotos.  Different Diamine blue inks in each - Oxford, Regency, Tudor, and Kensington.

I’m using a Nemosine Singularity in black marble with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Parker Penman Ruby ink. 

Posted Image

11 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

Ranga 149 F.  Diamine Prussian Blue.

That is to say a custom Ranga Majestic Ebonite eye droppper; shorter barrel, no rings, no clip, Bock 380 threaded, FNF Bock BM149E housing, MB 80s 14k 149 F nib.

Karmachanic, any chance of a photo of this pen? I am intrigued with your description. Did you design it place the MB nib yourself? 

Tonight I inked my Pilot Lightive/Explorer for the first time. I replaced the Fine nib with an italic medium from my Plumix and used Private Reserve Tanzanite with Wearingeul Silver Shoes added. I also inked a not quite Lamy clone (round body is actually kinder to my hand than the boxy Safari shape) from five below with a yellow cartridge from my five below calligraphy set. 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

3 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Karmachanic, any chance of a photo of this pen? I am intrigued with your description. Did you design it place the MB nib yourself? 

The pen is available with either a #6 or #8 nib. I asked for it to be threaded for a Bock 380 housing, no nib, and for the body to be shorter at 9mm length.  Ordered the appropriate housing, as mentioned above, to acommodate the MB nib and feed.  Uncapped the pen is the length of a capped 149

Easy peasy!  I'll attempt a photo later in the day.

old school today, onoto 3000 kensington blue

12 hours ago, yubaprof said:

any chance of a photo of this pen?

Hand held phone image:

large.IMG_746117303.JPG.748b928296687bb3e02dd5337b848337.JPG

3 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

Hand held phone image:

Very cool. I am going to try and follow up with Ranga. Thanks for taking the time to post this photo.

Today I’ve been giving my Cross Townsend Medalist (Medium nib) a thorough clean and inked it up with Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo ink, ready to use. 

18 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Tonight I inked my Pilot Lightive/Explorer for the first time. I replaced the Fine nib with an italic medium from my Plumix and used Private Reserve Tanzanite with Wearingeul Silver Shoes added. I also inked a not quite Lamy clone (round body is actually kinder to my hand than the boxy Safari shape) from five below with a yellow cartridge from my five below calligraphy set. 

Haha you're such a busy bee I can't keep up with you....    I'll bet the Tanzanite with Silver Shoes is nice...  My old Tanzanite got moldy so I can't use it, but I wanted to know if your Tanzanite shades or sheens without the glitter. 👍😀

7 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

Hand held phone image:

Oh boy, Big Pen Alert !!!   Very nice !  😀👍

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

I used three doing paperwork earlier.

In alphabetical order: Conway Stewart Belliver, Conway Stewart Churchill, and Onoto Magna. 

53 minutes ago, USG said:

Haha you're such a busy bee I can't keep up with you....    I'll bet the Tanzanite with Silver Shoes is nice...  My old Tanzanite got moldy so I can't use it, but I wanted to know if your Tanzanite shades or sheens without the glitter. 👍😀

I have lots of free time and way too much of the three amigos of this hobby.  I will take a look at the no shimmer Tanzanite version (current version) and let you know. 

Wrote with the MB 146 most of today. Busy day, it got a lot of use. The, the final impulse purchase from last week showed up. M400 white tortoise with a painted 2 chicks cap and a Medium 2 chicks nib tuned by Kirk. Added some Wearingeul Tick Tock Croc and took it for a spin. Wonderful. Had to get my 52-53 brown tortoise out to compare so used it for a bit. Then broke out the black tortoise M605 to compare medium to medium. Aggravated me so much I cleaned it and set aside for Kirk to fix. Soothed myself with the giant MoP Laban and then with the MK1 Duofold Centennial. Pretty fun pen day. 

I’m using a Kaweco AL Sport Black pen with M nib using a GvFC cartridge of Violet Blue ink.

Posted Image

I spent the day at my friends’ house, playing games.  I didn’t get to my page a day notebook until it got late.  I used a Kaweco Black Crystal earlier in the day to track a game. The pen I used in the Leuchtturm notebook was a Conklin Duragraph Amber with 1.1mm stub nib. I love this pen. The ink in it is Diamine 150th anniversary Terracotta. They are a good match. 

large.IMG_1018.jpeg.f6191a86fb0d0698dffe4345058d8a63.jpeg

Posted Image

That’s a beauty @Misfit. Used the giant flat top MoP Laban with shin-kai, Parker MK1 Duofold Centennial with Waterman Intense black, golden brown Sheafer Crest Tucky with Lie de The’, and white tortoise Pelikan M400 with Tick Tock Croc. The dogs and I made a welcome home card for my wife and used the pens that were acquired while she was AWOL. Except for the Laban, I used that where I needed a big fat wet nib ha ha. About to head to the airport. I hope she brought back a goalie mask and pads like I suggested. Our Std Poodle’s greetings are enthusiastic under normal circumstances. Two weeks without her momma, no telling what we might get! 

Thank you @Cjtamu I appreciate that. 

Today’s pen will be a Conklin Duragraph Abalone Nights with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Monteverde DC Super Show 2019 Teal ink. 

Posted Image