What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

large.swanvisofil34076.jpg.cf6f272589c357502725f2082cce21f0.jpg

swan visofil

340/76 arrived from laurence oldfield, finally bought a pen that i wouldnt be game to repair myself - fantastic writer.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, langere said:

Hi @Cjtamu, I did not date the pen, but the person I bought it from, Gerry Berg, provided me with this information.  He is a veteran at collecting and restoring Sheaffers.

Oh, and I am sure you will enjoy the Sheaffer Tuckaway when it arrrives!  Please let us know.

Erick

Ahh, I see. Thank you. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. Until my wife gets back from Canada. She might try to lay claim LOL.

Today’s pen arrived today. It is a TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Grape with 1.1mm stub nib. It is filled with Wearingeul’s F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby ink. 

large.IMG_0988.jpeg.28ba0a6836f3caa4fd4b52e066b4c89a.jpeg

Posted Image

1 hour ago, Cjtamu said:

hh, I see. Thank you. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. Until my wife gets back from Canada. She might try to lay claim LOL.

Well, let me warn you - I showed my wife the Crescent and she wanted to keep it!

Erick

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

Today’s pen arrived today. It is a TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Grape with 1.1mm stub nib. It is filled with Wearingeul’s F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby ink. 

large.IMG_0988.jpeg.28ba0a6836f3caa4fd4b52e066b4c89a.jpeg

Oh, that’s a beautiful purple!

Top 5 of 22 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

34 minutes ago, langere said:

Well, let me warn you - I showed my wife the Crescent and she wanted to keep it!

Erick

Lost a nice Platinum 3776 Bourgogne with Kirk Speer tuned nib that way. Purchased a beautiful maki-e 3776 and when she saw it she suggested maybe we should swap. For every question, there is an answer 😉. The maki-e body is a little shorter and a smaller diameter and is a better fit for her hand. Beautiful little pen.

6 hours ago, lionelc said:

large.swanvisofil34076.jpg.cf6f272589c357502725f2082cce21f0.jpg

swan visofil

340/76 arrived from laurence oldfield, finally bought a pen that i wouldnt be game to repair myself - fantastic writer.

Hi,

great looking pen. Those different celluloids!

I have one, too, but didn't manage to change the latex tube yet...

I was trying to use a TWSBI Eco Lilac F filled with De Atramentis Aubergine, but it was skipping and writing more like a B nib when it did put anything down. Grrrr.

Swapped to a Lorelei 667 with Diamine Vivaldi that was handy.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

So far today it's been the Parker Vector "Flowers" pen, M nib, still with J Herbin Vert Empire.  

I had forgotten how much I like that ink....

Depending on how things go (I have a bunch of stuff to do this afternoon, including starting to flush out the Parker 61 I picked up at an estate sale this morning) possibly that pen as well (we'll see how much dried ink is in the teflon sponge of the capillary system on this one...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have the four Opus 88 Picnic pens. Yesterday I used the Coffee Brown one with 1.4mm stub nib filled with Diamine 150th anniversary Espresso. Today it’s the Blue version with an unbranded Edison 1.1mm italic nib filled from a sample of Kobe Wind Blue. 

I should note the wonderful @AmandaW gave me the 1.4mm nib unit that the Coffee Brown pen has. 

Posted Image

thanks @Schaumburg_Swan, i am not game to open the pen up anytime soon, i dont even have the tool needed to get the bushing out.  read laurence oldfields swan repair pages - too fiddly for me.

6 hours ago, Misfit said:

I have the four Opus 88 Picnic pens. Yesterday I used the Coffee Brown one with 1.4mm stub nib filled with Diamine 150th anniversary Espresso. Today it’s the Blue version with an unbranded Edison 1.1mm italic nib filled from a sample of Kobe Wind Blue. 

I should note the wonderful @AmandaW gave me the 1.4mm nib unit that the Coffee Brown pen has. 

You're welcome.  I wasn't going to use it, so I am pleased you are. :smile:

Hmmm... haven't used either if my Picnic pens in ages. (I have the green and the brown.)  I will fix this.

Today's journal pen was a purple  Lorelei 667 filled with Diamine Vivaldi.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

My youngest daughter and granddaughter and my mom came to visit yesterday. Had a lot of fun last night showing mom with the new FPR Tanoshii, Merlin 33, and the French 1950’s Waterman CF I purchased recently. This morning I was using my blue marble Pilot VP fine with kon-peki and my 70’s era MB146 fine with Waterman Intense black to write a few notes and do some work. Everyone left a couple hours ago so I was finally able to test out the pen some of you miscreants I’m looking at you @langere forced me to buy. Arrived yesterday afternoon. What a cool, fun little pen. Triumph nib is wonderful but wants a super light touch and back writes very well. Nib has a SN but doesn’t say Lifetime. Pen has a white dot at end of blind cap. Pencil works perfectly as well. See if this remains on my side of the pen case after my wife gets back ha ha.

20240818_105851_resized.jpeg

20240818_110228_resized.jpeg

20240818_115123_resized.jpeg

Oh wow!  What a beautiful ensemble!  

I am very glad to plead guilty, guilty, guilty for making you purchase that gorgeous pen.

Enjoy!

Erick

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

2 hours ago, langere said:

Oh wow!  What a beautiful ensemble!  

I am very glad to plead guilty, guilty, guilty for making you purchase that gorgeous pen.

Enjoy!

Erick

As am I. Thank you.

Today’s pen continues the Opus 88 Picnic pens with the Green version. It is filled with Sailor Manyo ink Ayame, which is a dual shading ink. I need to try the ink on other paper to see the dual shading. Or look at it in my Leuchtturm notebook under better lighting. 

It’s funny as in funny odd that I got all the Picnic pens since I don’t like to eat outside. 

Posted Image