What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

23 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

The Churchill is inked with Diamine Imperial Blue, while the Onoto. my daily use pen, that I was going to take with me is inked with Diamine Oxford Blue.  

I have been jittisoning all of my non-blue inks, keeping only blue, blue/black, and turquoise. (Plus a half bottle of Havana Brown that is over twenty years old.) I have finally come to the realization that there is no point in having ink colors I can't see. I haven't tried the Diamine blues, but I'm going to give them a try.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, yubaprof said:

I have been jittisoning all of my non-blue inks, keeping only blue, blue/black, and turquoise. (Plus a half bottle of Havana Brown that is over twenty years old.) I have finally come to the realization that there is no point in having ink colors I can't see. I haven't tried the Diamine blues, but I'm going to give them a try.

Call me old fashioned, boring, unsophisticated, or whatever, but I'm not a 'colour person'.  I like dark and bold inks in shades of blue. I like my handwriting to stand out on the page.  I have one bottle of black ink just because I might need it, four different Diamine blues, and a bottle of Blackbird Inks Kingfisher Blue.  All of them are within two or three shades of each other and close to Oxford Blue.  The one exception Imperial Blue which is currently in the Churchill. 

I had a bottle of Diamine green that I bought to try with the thought (acquired here) of having a pen and ink of the same colour. That lasted less than a week.  That bottle was given to my 14 YO grandson to experiment with for his artwork.   Browns, yellows, purples, pinks, and even the reds that so many here like just don't appeal to me.

6 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Browns, yellows, purples, pinks, and even the reds that so many here like just don't appeal to me.

Ditto.

1 hour ago, ZeroDukE said:

large.IMG_3090.jpeg.09db1b9f94657ad5ebe2797579a2431f.jpeg

Wonderful. I have one in black lacquer. One of my favorite pens.

Back to the 1950’s French Waterman CF in blue lacquer. Just effortless to write with, wonderful little pen.

42 minutes ago, Wil D said:

Pelikan M75 Go! turquoise M

that color with black looks great together. 

1 hour ago, RedPie said:

that color with black looks great together. 

Indeed and I use it with 4001 turquoise ink

On 8/1/2024 at 11:57 AM, Cjtamu said:

Wonderful. I have one in black lacquer. One of my favorite pens.

Thanks.  Yes, the Black Lacquer version is very nice, indeed!

Think Different

travelling so conid kingsize with a sailor kop medium nib

Pelikan L65 dark blue, M with 4001 blue black ink

One of the pens I use today was a pen that arrived today. It’s a TWSBI Classic in Sapphire blue with 1.1mm stub nib. I put a green ink in it, Colorverse Sea of Tranquility. Next time, I’m going to put Diamine Soft Mint in it. Seeing that ink out of a dark blue pen sounds cool to me. 

Posted Image

Black Parker "51" w/ solid Sterling Silver cap.

Diamine Sapphire Blue ink

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Recently acquired Montegrappa Extra 1930 with fine nib and even more recently acquired Montegrappa Classica with medium nib. The Extra 1930 is interesting since it’s a resin body pen with gold-plated or vermeil sterling trim with the later Aquila maker’s mark. However, the nib has the Richemont maker’s mark which seems to confirm the story that these pens were made using MB manufactured nibs left over from Richemont ownership. Nice soft nib, smooth and effortless to write with. The Classica nib is also soft, smooth, and effortless. Once it gets started and as long as you don’t stop ha ha. Seems a bit of time alignment is needed. The trim on this one bears the earlier Aquila mark. In excellent shape for a 25 year old pen.

20240803_154945_resized.jpeg

Pelikan L65 dark blue, M with 4001 blue black ink

Pilot 743 (SFM)

Sailor Manyo Konagi

Cosmo Snow

My internet is out so a previously posted Pic will have to do...

IMG_3724 1000.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests