Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, ZeroDukE said:

Hi, @Cjtamu.  C/F cartridges are quite difficult to find or quite expensive when found. The one shown in the photo is the current Waterman short cartridge, which is the standard type but tapers at the end that connects to the feeder. This allowed this cartridge to connect. This cartridge is recommended for Waterman small fountain pens, such as the Waterman Lady Charlotte. The difference with other brands is subtle, but it allows this cartridge to be plugged in. For instance, the difference with the short Pelikan cartridge is half a millimetre less in diameter, and that allows the Waterman to fit into the C/F.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. I might have a short Waterman cartridge around here somewhere to try. Certainly easier than trying to track down another CF cartridge to keep as a spare! 

22 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Today so far it's been the TWSBI 700 Vac "Iris", F nib, just inked up with Noodler's North African Violet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I love Noodler’s North African Violet.  I blew through an entire bottle since I asked for purple ink suggestions back in January.  I bet that’s a fun combination in your Iris Vac 700.

Today has been a Mabie Todd Swan day with shading inks. Also I'm looking for a cap for the vivid green snake skin Swan SM100/84 if anyone has a spare.

20240731_143343.jpeg

I wrote my blue marbled Parker Duofold Centennial with a Speer crisp IM nib dry around midnight, so I guess it counts for today. I had been running Scribe Indigo through it. 

Later today I am going to fill out some forms with my EF Jinhao 51a inked with Diamine Registrar’s ink, as my Parker 51s are too wide for the spaces on the form. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

3 hours ago, kazoolaw said:

Have the first, had the second, have the cousin of the third, Novecento Rex,

Kinda scary.

Brother???? Is that you?

the Danitrio Fellowship

A red Parker Senior New Duofold, made in Danmark, filled with R&K Cassia ink.

1 hour ago, pan101 said:

Today has been a Mabie Todd Swan day with shading inks. Also I'm looking for a cap for the vivid green snake skin Swan SM100/84 if anyone has a spare.

20240731_143343.jpeg

Really, REALLY beautiful snake skin pens. Definitely envious!

Enjoy them all!.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

PelikanM10001.thumb.jpg.49d35ba32582fb3b5bfd02f700b11516.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

3 hours ago, Doug C said:

Brother???? Is that you?

The Order of thePurple Brotherhood.

After all, purple is for royalty.

3 hours ago, pan101 said:

20240731_143343.jpeg

Those really are gorgeous. Have been half-heartedly perusing the interwebs for a Mabie Todd. Time to intensify my search. Making do with Montegrappa Extra 1930 today. 

25 minutes ago, kazoolaw said:

The Order of thePurple Brotherhood.

After all, purple is for royalty.

🤣

the Danitrio Fellowship

2x WS 601 vacumatic EF for note taking.  Ancient Copper and Perle Noir

Add lightness and simplicate.

Aurora Optima Mare with medium nib. Heading up to Seattle tomorrow so I'll be carrying a Montblanc 147. 

Thanks to @inkstainedruth for causing me to get this out. Red isn’t an ink color I get to use a lot so it was nice to get it out of the case. Love both the pen and the Wearingeul Human Issue. As well as the Cosmo Air Light paper.

20240731_182021_resized.jpeg

been keeping up to date with a fake pen issue on another thread, using my ever reliable and nearly unfakeable gold pearl parker vacumatic from 1940.  KWZ IG blue number 1.

I used my CS Churchill to sign some of the paperwork for the new Mini I just purchased.  I say some because more than half of the documents were 'E-docs' that I signed with a stylus pen on a desk's top surface that resembled something out of a 'Star Trek' or 'Star War's scene.  The whole thing was quite amazing really.  I have no need for something like it, but I honestly wouldn't mind having a desk like it.

3 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

I used my CS Churchill to sign some of the paperwork for the new Mini I just purchased.  

Paul, is the color of the Mini compatible with your daily pen carry? Were you thinking about that when you purchased it? As an FPNer you have to think about such things. (Of course, being as color blind as I am, I cannot be held to the same standard and anyway, my car is white. Every pen I have is compatible with it.)😉

3 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Paul, is the color of the Mini compatible with your daily pen carry? Were you thinking about that when you purchased it? As an FPNer you have to think about such things. (Of course, being as color blind as I am, I cannot be held to the same standard and anyway, my car is white. Every pen I have is compatible with it.)😉

No, no, and no.  The pen was Conway Stewart's Bracket Green, the new Mini is Metallic British Racing Green.  I didn't think about pen colour, but I did choose the pen because of ink colour.  The Churchill is inked with Diamine Imperial Blue, while the Onoto. my daily use pen, that I was going to take with me is inked with Diamine Oxford Blue.  I thought the Imperial Blue a better choice for the task.

FYI, I'm not red/green colour blind.  have 'astigmatic chromatism', or so the flight surgeon said.