What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

2 hours ago, Lithium466 said:

While not the blackest, it's pretty good on feather/bleedthrough paper, without the added maintenance (or is it really?) of IG inks.

Yeah, I'm not likely to pay what they want for the Chou Kuro black. Besides, just about any black is still black with EF nibs.

I pulled out my Jinhao 65 with the 03 nib and compared it, as they're both filled with 4001. The Jinhao just seems to be putting down less ink. Guess I'll go back to using it for awhile until I can figure out how to make the Pilot nib a little dryer.

20240729Bleedthrufront.thumb.jpg.7bd1bc574b1b6ed3c3fdb95514e01ea9.jpg20240729Bleedthruback.thumb.jpg.6dc7b700bb12bfbee2c7f583a8f047bf.jpg

(Please disregard the less-than-stellar penmanship.)

~PJS~

What did you play today?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Parker 50/Falcon (F/EX) w/ Iroshizuku Take Sumi ink. Bought it yesterday at a yard sale for $23.00. w/ original converter.

It cleaned up very nicely.

Nice score!  The ink alone was a deal (I just checked the current price for a bottle of Take Sumi on the Goulet Pens website).

While not the "blackest" black ink out there, there's just something really special about Take Sumi on the page (almost a 3D "tactile" look to it -- when I first tried it, it almost looked like it was a line made of velveteen on the page).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

4 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Sumgai of the year award 🥇 for you! What color did you score? 

Thank You.

Trust when I say, I was lucky and somewhat (sic) amazed that I actually found one there.

As for color, it's a silver/ flighter w/ the original converter.

Also picked up a MB burgundy 7mm pencils that needs cleaning. I don't really need/want a mech pencil that fancy so it will go my friend for "bay" posting. I really wish we had the classifieds back here. Much rather know that it was going to someone here. Yes, I know that may sound strange and it is the way I think (and feel).

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

41 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Nice score!  The ink alone was a deal

My bad. I meant that I used the Take Sumi ink, not that I got it there. I did get a  Montblanc MP (144 size, I think) that needs to be cleaned and polished.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

On 7/28/2024 at 7:30 PM, Gloucesterman said:

K-I-S-S

Keep it simple SWEETY.

If those cartridges  work, then use those.

Have you tested a regular or mini converter with the pen?

Sorry, I don't understand your post. I was writing about what you said about original cartridges for C/F being hard to find, saying you can use the short standard ones instead. It was complementary information.  K-I-S-S (your version).

Think Different

1 hour ago, ZeroDukE said:

Sorry, I don't understand your post. I was writing about what you said about original cartridges for C/F being hard to find, saying you can use the short standard ones instead. It was complementary information.  K-I-S-S (your version).

Someone else  mentioned that they used some other cartridge ( I don't recall which brand) so I was suggesting that if it is easier for you to get and use what they recommended, you should do that. It's easier than searching for a, hard to find, original.

Keep It Simple, do the easiest thing.

I’ve read mixed reviews on using the modern cartridges. Some have had great luck others less so. I believe the difference is with the diameter of the post on the feed so the CF cartridge has a smaller opening. The CF was made for some time, I wonder if Waterman made a running change. @ZeroDukE do you have any idea when yours was made?

Jinhao 159 gold

Jinhao 159 orange

Jiaxiang JD

12 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

I’ve read mixed reviews on using the modern cartridges. Some have had great luck others less so. I believe the difference is with the diameter of the post on the feed so the CF cartridge has a smaller opening. The CF was made for some time, I wonder if Waterman made a running change. @ZeroDukE do you have any idea when yours was made?

Hi, @Cjtamu.  C/F cartridges are quite difficult to find or quite expensive when found. The one shown in the photo is the current Waterman short cartridge, which is the standard type but tapers at the end that connects to the feeder. This allowed this cartridge to connect. This cartridge is recommended for Waterman small fountain pens, such as the Waterman Lady Charlotte. The difference with other brands is subtle, but it allows this cartridge to be plugged in. For instance, the difference with the short Pelikan cartridge is half a millimetre less in diameter, and that allows the Waterman to fit into the C/F.

Think Different

Jinhao 65 w/ 03 nib and Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black.

~PJS~

What did you play today?

MB220 today

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today so far it's been the TWSBI 700 Vac "Iris", F nib, just inked up with Noodler's North African Violet.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

7 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Today so far it's been the TWSBI 700 Vac "Iris", F nib, just inked up with Noodler's North African Violet.

Lovely. Mine is an EF inked with Wearingeul Human Issue. Wonderful pen and sometimes I take it out just to look at it because it’s so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration, I’m going to go write with it now!

I used a plain black/silver Sailor PGS to sign one form at doctor's office. (Who knew Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a Class 5 controlled substance?) Having recently retired, I don't really use my pens a lot nowadays.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Stipula Etruruia,  Saturno and Novecento Chromo.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Have the first, had the second, have the cousin of the third, Novecento Rex,

Kinda scary.