What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

13 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

Fun day today. Three impulse buys arrived en masse yesterday evening. This French Waterman CF is excellent. I love Waterman’s blue lacquer and the plating on this one was in such great shape. PSP said 18K M nib, but very close to the F on my Gentleman. Pilot blue in this one.

20240727_165144_resized.jpeg

🤩 gorgeous!

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Penguincollector said:

🤩 gorgeous!

Thank you. One of these days I’ll have to take a photo of some of the penguins in residence around here. 

2 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

Thank you. One of these days I’ll have to take a photo of some of the penguins in residence around here. 

Yes, yes you do! 🐧

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

So far today:

1. Blue Parker Vector, M nib) -- one of the two recent acquisitions -- finishing a fill of Noodler's Grinch Garnet.

2. Pelikan M405 Blue Black (EF nib) -- still with diluted Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

3. Brown & blue cap Noodler's Charlie, flex nib -- still with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

The first two were for today's MP journal entry.  Trying to decide if I want to refill the Vector or flush it (I'm trying to get pens out of rotation again, in favor of some others, so pens aren't sitting around while I'm running hither and yon the next couple of weeks: once again, my "vacation" is going to involve commuting back and forth between my house and the campground :( -- a combination of not getting stuff done on time due to various sorts of FUBARS, mostly tech related -- and just having too many sinus issues this spring and summer; the next person who tries to tell me that climate change is a myth is gonna get hit over the head with a brick... 🤬).  The Charlie eyedropper was for writing a check to pay the water bill, so I can get it in the mail in a timely fashion (other bills don't have to go out for a few days so I can wait on those until later in the week).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

19 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Did you get a converter (preferably, or at least some cartridges?

They are both challenging to find.

large.IMG_3088.jpeg.1f09450de5fed7f84f74e968882781dc.jpeglarge.IMG_3089.jpeg.b672d7a01a3511a95d9d2e3f5b73b97c.jpeg

I have been using a short standard Waterman cartridge in my C/F without any problems so far.

Think Different

CS Churchill 

1 hour ago, ZeroDukE said:

large.IMG_3088.jpeg.1f09450de5fed7f84f74e968882781dc.jpeglarge.IMG_3089.jpeg.b672d7a01a3511a95d9d2e3f5b73b97c.jpeg

I have been using a short standard Waterman cartridge in my C/F without any problems so far.

K-I-S-S

Keep it simple SWEETY.

If those cartridges  work, then use those.

Have you tested a regular or mini converter with the pen?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

13 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

@USG, thank you. Next to each other, differences are notable between the two Sailor inks. I have noticed a trend in that I tend to like ink best when the pen it’s in is almost out of ink, perhaps because it’s more concentrated. The Nadeshiko’s shading is really beautiful.

I've noticed that too.  The flow seems wetter and the color darker.

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

Pilot Cocoon w/ Penmanship EF nib. Cleaned it last night, and replaced the Pilot black cartridge with a Con-40 converter and Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black. I was hoping the 4001 would bleed less in my Full Focus planner, but it's pretty much the same. 😶

~PJS~

What did you play today?

TWSBI 580 Demonstrator w/ Pendleton Brown stubbed broad nib and Diamine Sapphire Blue ink

Parker 50/Falcon (F/EX) w/ Iroshizuku Take Sumi ink. Bought it yesterday at a yard sale for $23.00. w/ original converter.

It cleaned up very nicely.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

25 minutes ago, PJS_prog said:

Pilot Cocoon w/ Penmanship EF nib. Cleaned it last night, and replaced the Pilot black cartridge with a Con-40 converter and Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black. I was hoping the 4001 would bleed less in my Full Focus planner, but it's pretty much the same. 😶

Do you have Platinum black (or blue-black) to try?

3 hours ago, RedPie said:

My largest one. Jiaxiang JDimage0(16).jpeg.7de83df753ad88510a9315e64d0de120.jpeg

Oh, that is very pretty 

1 hour ago, Gloucesterman said:

Parker 50/Falcon (F/EX) w/ Iroshizuku Take Sumi ink. Bought it yesterday at a yard sale for $23.00. w/ original converter.

Sumgai of the year award 🥇 for you! What color did you score? 

Been using a piston filler Rapidograph fitted with an Esterbrook 1550 for the past few days. After a bit of fettling on the new nib and a lot of rapido-ease I'm really happy with it and it has taken over log book duties 

:3

0729240841.jpg

I wrote this morning’s to do list with my turquoise Beena Magic, a fun little pen that I always think writes finer than it actually does. I will be switching to something else, as the paper’ ability to handle anything larger than a Western EF is questionable. 

I know that I have to finish a letter that I started yesterday and filling out sample vial labels, and I have been using my Pelikan M800 needlepoint for that. 

1 hour ago, Lithium466 said:

Do you have Platinum black (or blue-black) to try?

I do not. I do like the reviews I've seen for it, though. It looks like a good black.

~PJS~

What did you play today?

4 hours ago, PJS_prog said:

I do not. I do like the reviews I've seen for it, though. It looks like a good black.

While not the blackest, it's pretty good on feather/bleedthrough prone paper, without the added maintenance (or is it really?) of IG inks.

1 hour ago, StrawberryDaquiri said:

Oh, that is very pretty 

Thank you, I like it a lot!