What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

On 3/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, amberleadavis said:

What a lovely way to express how important contributions can be, and how contributions like help, take more than one form.

I second this.

(Also, I blame @DvdRiet for getting me back in action this evening 😜 . I am under a tight, self-/work-imposed time-budget until the weekend, but her kind support practically forced me to open the FPN mailbox and... now to comment here.) 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

Hi Ruth, are you thinking of "What Pen Did You Finish Today?". 

Very likely.   Thanks!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A little old lady who needs her ink to be used up before a change (this one's too wet for her). Swan 3120 with a lovely semi-flex large.inkguess92b.jpg.362f29e7f4957884350aafa665f87e58.jpgnib.

10 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

A little old lady who needs her ink to be used up before a change (this one's too wet for her). Swan 3120 with a lovely semi-flex large.inkguess92b.jpg.362f29e7f4957884350aafa665f87e58.jpgnib.

You’re not going to tell us which ink?? 😜

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

12 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Swan 3120 with a lovely semi-flex

She is a beauty!!

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

A storm brewing means the arthritis in my hands require a fatter pen. Does anyone let the weather choose their pen?

So today it's been a red Lamy Aion F filled with Diamine Ancient Copper. Very fitting for the beginning of autumn.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Been using this combo.  I like the way this ink mix came out.

image.thumb.jpeg.2d9b00eabfcce052ec4d4589ab118d67.jpeg

"Life is too short to use boring ink!" - JPMH

I put on a Hawaiian shirt this morning (88ºF in March?). It has a pretty shallow breast pocket, so I inked a Sailor Professional Gear Slim Fire for today's carry. It has a Zoom (or was it a Music?) nib which Michael Masuyama ground to a cursive italic. Note that the Sailor did not participate in the writing of the Emerson quotation. 

1476096888_emersonsailor.jpg.c337368ff688c957aab3806c627327a7.jpg

440141815_sailorpgslimfirenib.jpg.ecac54a4aa44530e9b592d556de301fe.jpg

David

Today's journal pen is another fat pen - stormy weather is still playing havoc with the hands - a Faber Castell Loom EF. The ink is J Herbin Cacao du Bresil. That's a piece of heat-shrink on the barrel - the grip is a little slippery even though it's the matte version of the pen - and the heat shrink up there works well without interfering with the cap.

large.FC_Loom.jpg.aee4938c3b379c112e2fc25dc3a19eb4.jpg

8 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Today's journal pen is another fat pen - stormy weather is still playing havoc with the hands - a Faber Castell Loom EF. The ink is J Herbin Cacao du Bresil. That's a piece of heat-shrink on the barrel - the grip is a little slippery even though it's the matte version of the pen - and the heat shrink up there works well without interfering with the cap.

large.FC_Loom.jpg.aee4938c3b379c112e2fc25dc3a19eb4.jpg

Hope you get some relief from the storms...and the havoc in your hands...very soon.  🙂

On 3/24/2022 at 10:47 PM, mizgeorge said:

Oooh, great-looking pen and strokes. Thank you for sharing, @mizgeorge!

50 minutes ago, mallymal1 said:

Hope you get some relief from the storms...and the havoc in your hands...very soon.  🙂

Thankyou. 🙂 The rain is actually very welcome at the end of a very hot dry summer. The downside of arthritis flaring up is almost worth it for the rain. I get to rotate in all the pens that have a fatter grip.

50 minutes ago, mallymal1 said:

A Bespoke British Pens, Conway Stewart Series 58. B nib. 

2011776163_22_03.25ConwayStewartSeries58555.thumb.JPG.5def637f7cfb45916862f12c9d573203.JPG

That's a very pretty blue ink! It reminds me of Wedgewood pottery (which seems rather appropriate for such an English pen).

TL;DR, from a longer story with more pics: I bought a while back several Diplomat fountain pens on Zalando. Of all the pens, this Esteem x MadC Blue Caneva arrived with a mislabeled nib. I contacted the Diplomat team and they were very positive and helpful. So, without further ado, the pen with a B nib is here and it's a great writer! 

large.785761910_FPDiplomatEsteemMadCBlueBNib20220326_110607.jpg.97477292f2a168556b72e4ad90fdabdf.jpg

9 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

TL;DR, from a longer story with more pics: I bought a while back several Diplomat fountain pens on Zalando. Of all the pens, this Esteem x MadC Blue Caneva arrived with a mislabeled nib. I contacted the Diplomat team and they were very positive and helpful. So, without further ado, the pen with a B nib is here and it's a great writer! 

large.785761910_FPDiplomatEsteemMadCBlueBNib20220326_110607.jpg.97477292f2a168556b72e4ad90fdabdf.jpg

Oh wow! So Diplomat replaced it?? That's great! The same thing happened on my order from Zalando with an M nib in a B box. I figured it would be too much trouble to return it to Zalando and I probably wouldn't be able to get the B that I had actually ordered. So, since it really doesn't make that much difference to me (I only ordered the B for the variety), I decided to go ahead and keep the M and not to go to any trouble. I'm so glad to hear that Diplomat rectified the situation! Very nice!! And I also have to say that these MadC Esteems are such smooth and easy-going writers and so fun with all the colors.

Signum Ornamenta in dark blue and orange celluloid w/18K medium nib and20220326_161546.thumb.jpg.3bcf9b70285db8e1f74ddc2fd92f88d0.jpg Private Reserve Tropical Blue ink. I knew I had this pen, but couldn't remember where I stored it. I found it in a Pelikan Cities box of all places. So I immediately inked it and after securing a loose nib assembly it is writing smoothly and no longer burping ink all over the place!

New to me Pelikan 400 vintage from the 50's. Traded a brown for it at the Arkansas Pen show! Wish I knew what ink was in it, it's a lovely green.

PXL_20220323_141239156.thumb.jpg.2e94cc7118c321804f5b086b297b29ac.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!