What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

My green Jinhao 159 I inked yesterday, had no ink flow. It was writing for a few words and stopped. I tried a different nib in it, but it did not get any better. So, that one is gone and I am using the golden one instead. No problems with the Iroshizuku kon-peki! 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Revekah said:

Trying out a Conway Stewart Marlborough today, and it's a dream! Smooth as butter with my journal. Anyone else into their vintage pens?

Conway Stewart pens are a paricular 'lust' for me. They and Onoto (& de la Rue) pens make up about 80% of the pens I own. Vintage or current production, they are great pens.

Still using the Brute Force Designs small swirly resin demonstrator with a Bock 1.1 stub inked with Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle glitter potion; trying to make some room for a little more glitter. Also used my little navy blue Pilot Elite Lady F inked with Pilot Red, and my vermilion Cross Solo M inked with Cross (Pelikan) Royal Blue. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Today it's been one of the "new to me" blue Parker Vectors, M, nib, with Noodler's Grinch Garnet; and the Pelikan M205 Blue Black, EF nib, still with Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Conway Stewart Churchill and Onoto Magna.

None… which makes for a less than good day.☹️

Wrote an entire two page A5 letter with the Pelikan M200 Gold Marbled (B), filled with Birmingham Basil Pesto. Normally, a letter that length I would use at least two if not more pens. I was enjoying it so much that I didn't realize I hadn't changed pens until I was a page and a half in. So I just finished it. I had really struggled with this ink finding the right pen. I think this is it.

I did use a couple of others though too. A M150 with Edelstein Topaz and a Sheaffer Craftsman touchdown (M) with Levenger Blue Bahama.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Inked up my fat Sheaffer Sentinel Touchdown last night, and my Saratoga is doing duty as my work pen.  Somehow lined up both my Sheaffers in the rotation.

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes
"Modern Life®️? It’s rubbish! 🙄" - Mercian

I did some paper testing with 11 pens today: Pelikan M800 needlepoint, Pelikan Twist P-10 EF, Pilot Elite Lady F, Parker IM Monochrome Blue F, WingSung/Lucky SF demonstrator, Sailor PGS,  Platignum M, Cross Solo M,  Parker “51” M, MB 144 IB, Brute Force Designs with Bock 1.1mm stub. Inks listed in photo. Not all the pens made it into the picture. large.IMG_1148.jpeg.a53e172c880ccb5fa4a34a58fed5f742.jpeg

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

4 hours ago, RedPie said:

Nice collection of penholders you have there! @Penguincollector Not to mention the pens shown👍

Thank you! I hope to have more colorful penguins join the flock soon. That genius child will want for nothing if he keeps it up. 

Your Bayard is so cool, @Wil D! That era of pens is my favorite. Inlaid fingernail nibs, metal caps, very smart looking and easy to use. 

1 hour ago, Penguincollector said:

Your Bayard is so cool, @Wil D! That era of pens is my favorite. Inlaid fingernail nibs, metal caps, very smart looking and easy to use. 

Thank you, I prefer them a bit older, bus as I had a Merlin c/c filler, I had to get a Bayard too.

Still using the Pilot Cocoon w/ EF nib and Namiki black cartridge.

Still liking it, too.

Although, this ink tends to bleed a bit more than the Pelikan 4001. I am considering filling one of the cartridges with 4001 to see if it's the ink or this particular nib just being a little wetter.

~PJS~

What did you play today?