What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

TWSBI Vac 700 R iris with EF nib and Wearingeul Human Issue. Newly arrived brown marble Pelikan M200 with F nib. Inked with Edelstein Onyx and took it for a quick spin. 

20240715_190306_resized.jpeg

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Jinhao x450 that came to me workshop fitted with a G-nib.  "Using" might be a bit strong.  "Tinkering with" is closer to it.  I almost have it tweaked where I want it.    Might have been the same amount of work to do the nib mod myself with pliers though.

:)

image.thumb.jpeg.b8f217b9b5dd3eaae22b24c511c4943c.jpeg

X-nibbed Parker 45 Harlequin, today filled with Scabiosa.

(Yesterday's ink, Salix, felt a trifle better.)

Waldmann Tango Imagination, "F" nib, filled with Pelikan Königsblau ink.

Writes a very fine line, with a tiny bit of feedback.  Very nice writing experience!

Waldmann.jpg

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

20 minutes ago, langere said:

Waldmann Tango Imagination, "F" nib, filled with Pelikan Königsblau ink.

Writes a very fine line, with a tiny bit of feedback.  Very nice writing experience!

Waldmann.jpg

Very nice. Had one of those in my hand about a month ago and unfortunately had to leave before I got to test it. Thanks for the info. Will have to try it next time I’m in the store. Olive wood Waterman Le Man 100 with M nib for me again today. Hard pen to put back in its case once you remove it.

Black and Gold German pens.

The well balanced 1957 Faber-Castel 66 G OM with the Osmia Diamond finial, is unfortunately a nail. I have no carbon paper to write on...and to me it is uncomfortable to write with. It went back into the pen cup. It is on my Flog List.

I'd not expected a nail with a Osmia Diamond finial, when I local bought a brought to the house pen.

The one I'm using right now of my 30 or so inked pens is a nice, light and lively semi-flex F/EF MB 32

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme with Noodlers Luxury Blue.

Jinhao 159 green with Pilot Iroshizuku kon-peki.

Parker Sonnet and a Pelikan M150.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

TWSBI Eco Broad with Diamine Sherwood Green

Pelikan M815 Wallstreet Med with Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

No pens will be used today. I'm going fishing.

So far, it's been the Pelikan M205 Blue-Black, EF nib, still with 4001 Blue Black.  

I suspect that later it's likely going to be one of the new-to-me Parker Vectors (both dark blue, both with M nibs and both with the date code "L.II").  Currently both have M nibs, but I may swap out for one of the nibs from the calligraphy set I got a number of years ago, just to differentiate the two a bit (my original blue Vector has an F nib) the way I did with the black Vector from the calligraphy set (to differentiate it from another black Vector).

I may also ink up the "Shrek/Puss in Boots" Vector so I can FINALLY finish the testing I had done of Robert Oster Bishop to King (misplaced the original bottle and ended up buying a backup bottle; I had been holding off in the hopes that the open bottle would turn up).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Brown marble Pelikan M200 F nib and Edelstein Onyx for a wee bit today. Had to use non-FP friendly paper for most of the day and had to use instruments suitable for that paper. You’ll have to check the non-FP thread to see what they were.

MB 220 today

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today it was my verdegris Pilot 743 FA, inked with a Pilot green cartridge as well as a Brute Force Designs small resin demonstrator with a Bock 1.1 stub inked with Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle glitter potion. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

pilot vanishing point water surface, medium, namiki black - closing mechanism still as good as the day i bought it 5 years ago

Trying out a Conway Stewart Marlborough today, and it's a dream! Smooth as butter with my journal. Anyone else into their vintage pens?