A Smug Dill

On 6/29/2024 at 6:19 AM, Surlyprof said:

My first Italian pen…

Stilo Fetti x Leonardo

753 Anco Marzio medium nib

Noodler’s North African Violet

IMG_7750.thumb.jpeg.10c98efd6fd539852dbe9ac1c44ae605.jpeg

IMG_7752.thumb.jpeg.2a4d3c3f75cb7fe686ab252e50201932.jpeg

Still kind of addicted to this Stilo Fetti x Leonardo 753 Anco Marzio.  Didn't think I'd ever get hooked on a steel nib but this one is quite smooth with slight bounce to it.  Been biased toward gold nibs for years.  This realization opens opportunities that I may have previously dismissed.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Mechanical said:

Sailor Pro Gear "Iris Nebula" with Medium Nib.  I got this from Oblation Papers & Press down in Portland Or, during an in-store event.  No regrets!

large.SailorProGearIrisNebula.jpg.b3f81f4767012036c00453bfeafa9c0f.jpg

Very nice. Using its black and sliver brother with fine nib today. Such wonderful nibs. I WAS using a Platinum 3776 Century in Bourgogne this week as well. But, couple days ago my wife picked it up and started raving about it. Glanced up and she had such a look of joy on her face that I gave it to her. She’s still using it.

9 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

Very nice. Using its black and sliver brother with fine nib today. Such wonderful nibs. I WAS using a Platinum 3776 Century in Bourgogne this week as well. But, couple days ago my wife picked it up and started raving about it. Glanced up and she had such a look of joy on her face that I gave it to her. She’s still using it.

The nibs on the Sailor Pro Gear are indeed very nice.  While I usually go with Fine, I found the Medium nib could go very small for items in my A6 journal.  Yet it easily makes large and bold writing on full size paper.  I allows a terrific range of styles.

At my usual coffee shop, I occasionally show off my pens to friends there.  They always choose my inexpensive Platinum (F) as their favorite!

Currently most used pen: Eboya Houju Medium size with Bock 14K <F> nib -- Pilot Blue Black Ink

Montblanc 220 in matt black with vintage Quink blue ink.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today’s pen is a TWSBI Diamond Mini AL silver with 1.1mm stub nib. It is filled with Kaweco Midnight Blue ink. 

Posted Image

Olive wood Waterman Man 100 with M nib. Recent acquisition so we’re just getting acquainted. Used it to get some work done today while waiting for the hurricane. Cause I don’t think I’m getting any work done tomorrow.

20240707_112123_resized.jpeg

That's an attractive pen.  Is that vintage or modern?  (I don't know all that much about Watermans, compared to other brands like Parker).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

27 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

That's an attractive pen.  Is that vintage or modern?  (I don't know all that much about Watermans, compared to other brands like Parker).

Thank you. Info I’ve found says the olive wood Man 100 was a limited edition produced in 1988. Man 100 was produced from 1983 until I think the late 90’s? Wonderful, smooth medium nib on this one with a little bit of flex. Had seen people on FPN raving about the nib on the Man 100 and when I stumbled on this one decided to take a chance. Very glad I did.

Thanks for the info.  Not sure I want one, but it is very attractive.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Asvine V200 freshly filled with Iro Kon-Peki.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

On 7/7/2024 at 1:51 PM, Cjtamu said:

Olive wood Waterman Man 100 with M nib. Recent acquisition so we’re just getting acquainted. Used it to get some work done today while waiting for the hurricane. Cause I don’t think I’m getting any work done tomorrow.

20240707_112123_resized.jpeg

That is a beautiful pen.  I’ve always loved olive wood.  It always has such an interesting grain pattern.  Good luck with the hurricane.  I hope its impact is minimal.

Thank you. We’re ok. No power, no communication for 12+ hours but better than many. Just finished writing a note for my wife with the Man 100 so I have that going for me!

IMG_7917.thumb.jpeg.2fb68e8c7418d15be5483fa54cd23f58.jpeg

Starting a beautiful morning on our deck with a timeless design.  Lamy 2000, Medium nib, Noodler’s North African Violet.

Nice to be able to sit out here for a couple of hours of reading and writing after last week‘s heat wave.

46 minutes ago, Surlyprof said:

IMG_7917.thumb.jpeg.2fb68e8c7418d15be5483fa54cd23f58.jpeg

Starting a beautiful morning on our deck with a timeless design.  Lamy 2000, Medium nib, Noodler’s North African Violet.

Nice to be able to sit out here for a couple of hours of reading and writing after last week‘s heat wave.

Nice pen and a good ink! Glad you are getting a little less heat!

8 hours ago, ZeroDukE said:

large.IMG_3080.jpeg.9e529c935bcda23c41c478d46a0930d2.jpeg

I’m really taken with these Duofolds. Beautiful.

Picked up this tiny Merlin 33 today to make a list for a few items we want to add to our hurricane kit. Two minutes after picking it up we got power back. Obviously a good luck pen.

20240630_163402_resized.jpeg

Medium nib, chased black Onoto Magna.

Leonardo Momento Magico LE for La Cartoleria Srl in Salerno. 

MMamedeo2.jpeg.4aa524d1c38f05f72fcf4f0d89d67cb0.jpeg

Dacid