What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

A Platinum 3776 Chartres Blue in bold with a Platinum blue-black ink cartridge. This is a fairly new acquisition that is growing on me as I write more with it.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy 2000 medium.  Polished this nib and now it writes more smoothly than my Pilot Custom.

A TWSBI ECO Broad with Diamine Sherwood Green, and a Noodlers Ebonite Konrad with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

So far it's been the black Parker 51 Vac (F nib?) with the "T6" code on it (apparently meaning it was made in a factory that Parker took over from Townsend Tractors).  I was in the mood for a 51 and the one I found recently that I don't remember where/when/how I acquired it hasn't been checked out to see if the diaphragm needs to be replaced.

Hmmmm.  Both of those pens are black, with 14K gold filled caps, and both are "Blue Diamond" models -- and I just checked and BOTH have the "T6" code on them -- just to confuse the issue...).  Not sure what the nibs are on them (the one that's inked up seems to write like an F or M, and I'm using some vintage Quink Permanent Blue Black in it).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lamy studio inked with Diamine Onyx black, and a 1980’s collaboration with sailor known as a sentinel F-4 with an international standard blue cartridge likely from WHSmith or our local Rymans

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Montegrappa Beauty Book Gentleman (SE, 2012)

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Tashi_Tsering said:

Montegrappa Beauty Book Gentleman (SE, 2012)

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

Gorgeous. Love Montegrappa’s creativity. Had a beautiful sterling silver with 1999 date and a wonderful flexible nib in my hands Thursday. My intern brought it in, another that belonged to his grandfather. I think we’re going to clean it and ink it up this week. Will post pics when he gets to use it.

8 minutes ago, Cjtamu said:

Gorgeous. Love Montegrappa’s creativity. Had a beautiful sterling silver with 1999 date and a wonderful flexible nib in my hands Thursday. My intern brought it in, another that belonged to his grandfather. I think we’re going to clean it and ink it up this week. Will post pics when he gets to use it.

I like Montegrappa pens before the 2010s. I don't really like what they make now.

5 minutes ago, Tashi_Tsering said:

I like Montegrappa pens before the 2010s. I don't really like what they make now.

For the most part I agree. I have a Brenta that I like a lot. The look with all the multiple facets is nice, and the tactile sensation is wonderful. F nib that’s sharper than most EF. It’s due to go into rotation soon.

So far Lamy Al-star Montblanc Burgundy Red ink

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Platinum 3776 M in Laurel Green inked with Pelikan 4001 royal blue. It arrived this evening, and writes lovely out of the box, unlike its broad nibbed cousin I received a few weeks ago.

Today I am using:

• a 1954 Pelikan 400, ‘F’ nib, inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-black;
  • a 2011 Parker Urban in ‘Navy Blue’, ‘M’ nib, inked with Pure Pens ‘Saltire’.

The ‘Saltire’ ink is named for the flag of Scotland - 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It is a very saturated ink that doesn’t give any shading but, from this pen, does give hints of red sheen. In a ‘wetter’ pen I would expect it to sheen.

I would say that the ink is ‘work-appropriate’, because it is quite dark, and thus very legible.
I would also say that it would be a nice ink for personal correspondence. It ‘has something about it’.

The hue of the ink is a pretty good match for the eponymous flag.
I would call it ‘Very blue’ 😉

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

Did a short journal entry first thing in the morning with my Pilot Vanishing Point nib installed in a Majohn A3 body. 

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” 

-Groucho Marx

Pelikan M605 black tortoise with Edelstein Onyx.