Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/9/2024 at 6:02 AM, Misfit said:

It’s a nice one to have as the passport size. I didn’t get the stamp back then (2014). It might would have been fun, but limited in use. 

Doubt it will be of much use. Agree with you. Might plan for a trip to Japan next month. Will go for the tour of Nakameguro, tokyo station, narita, starbucks reserve and TSL kurashiki if the trip is confirmed. 

@penwarrior32 I hope you get to go to Japan. That sounds like an amazing itinerary. If you go, I’d love to see photos of all those places/shops. 

Posted Image

4 hours ago, Misfit said:

@penwarrior32 I hope you get to go to Japan. That sounds like an amazing itinerary. If you go, I’d love to see photos of all those 

Plan to also swing by at Ginza itoya and Ancora to check out the fountain pens. Will take alot of pics hahahaha 

MB Solitaire Doue Petit Prince / Ink: MB Brown. 

Traveler's notebook brass pencil (Tokyo)

MD notebook Light B6 slim Grid - to be used as my coffee and cafe notebook. 20240614_124740.thumb.jpg.04f6fd8c5d5ce559bb149c09d9f7fa66.jpg

2 hours ago, penwarrior32 said:

Plan to also swing by at Ginza itoya and Ancora to check out the fountain pens. Will take alot of pics hahahaha 

You may want to check out Shosaikan as well.  It’s a pretty store in an interesting area.

13 minutes ago, Surlyprof said:

You may want to check out Shosaikan as well.  It’s a pretty store in an interesting area.

Thanks for the tip. The store is located in Minami Aoyama. Will check out the lovely store and the pens (of course). 

So far today it's been a Noodler's Ahab and a Montblanc 146. Lamy blue ink and Diamine Ruby Blues ink. 

20240614_113904.jpeg

Using the pilot iro-utsushi dip pen to test out Faber-Castell olive green on MD notebook. 

Love the colour of the ink. 20240615_234952.thumb.jpg.ac2f92bf6b07a1c2c51b770500dd38a0.jpg

Today it's mostly been the Pelikan M405 Blue Black (EF nib) -- newly(?) re-inked up with Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Bayard 30 with "ball point" nib and Quink Blue washable.

Montblanc 146 Meisterstuck with some sort of black cartridge (using up old ink at this point)

Parker 61 loaded with Diamine Denim for work notes.

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes
"Modern Life®️? It’s rubbish! 🙄" - Mercian

A Faber-Castell Essentio in a medium nib that I received as a father's day surprise from the wife (and the little one!). My first Faber-Castell pen, and I must admit that it is one of the smoothest steel nibs I have had the pleasure to use.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how good it feels and writes for what is essentially a 40 euros "entry-level" pen.

Perry&Co “Vidura” 555

Danish Montblanc 224

Wahl-Eversharp Doric

IMG_0804.jpeg

namiki yukari night scene pavilion, iroshizuku momiji

Onoto Magna and Excel.  The Scholar is having a holiday.

Namiki zodiac rat inked with Pilot hana-ikada ink (cherry blossom). Time to visit the stores with namiki pens. Namiki 50 Vermilion is so tempting. 20240617_073240.thumb.jpg.f066fc54197e7b78b423fc723336cb18.jpg

nice zodiac @penwarrior32, would definitely recommend a number 50 - even unadorned, it is one of my favourite japanese pens.