Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, penwarrior32 said:

@Misfit, the star ferry TN should be a good pick up. :)

It’s a nice one to have as the passport size. I didn’t get the stamp back then (2014). It might would have been fun, but limited in use. 

Posted Image

On 6/7/2024 at 3:29 PM, langere said:

I always so enjoy writing with my Cross gold nib pens.  Just inked this one up.  This one is a Cross 2021 Year of the Ox Sauvage pen with a Fine nib.  It writes like a dream!

Erick

20240607_152356.jpg

That's a pretty pen!

Today for me, it was two pens.

First, it was the Parker Vector Shrek Puss in Boots pen, M nib, with diluted Robert Oster Bishop to King (the bottle has gone walkabout, and I was in a hurry this morning, so it was easier to refill the pen with distilled water than to deal with flushing it at the moment.

Then, later in the morning, while signing waivers at something we were going to, it was the Azure Lamy al-Star, hanzi nib, still with Lamy Pink Cliff.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I took this pen out today because I like the nib so much. It is a shame that my hands are really too large and stiff for this tiny pen, and I am now having trouble gripping and controlling it. The nib was ground by Salman Khattak of Toronto Pen Company. I need to get the same done on a much larger pen.

dollar.jpg

6 minutes ago, Scrawler said:

I took this pen out today because I like the nib so much. It is a shame that my hands are really too large and stiff for this tiny pen, and I am now having trouble gripping and controlling it. The nib was ground by Salman Khattak of Toronto Pen Company. I need to get the same done on a much larger pen.

dollar.jpg

In my experience, Onoto nibs have been as smooth as knife through warm butter right out of the box. Their Magna is a larger pen that might suit you.

38 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

In my experience, Onoto nibs have been as smooth as knife through warm butter right out of the box. Their Magna is a larger pen that might suit you.

My Onoto The Pen has a flex stub, which makes a great signature pen, but it does have more feedback than this Dollar job. I am planning to have my Montblanc 149 ground down to a F+ cursive italic, in hopes of getting the performance I want in a much larger pen.

On 6/8/2024 at 2:08 AM, lionelc said:

omas scarlet paragon medium, pelikan edelstein tanzanite

large.omasscarlet.jpg.af34afefa077a7f225ffa7fe1dd39f89.jpg

Gorgeous. The nearest I will ever get is a Paragon nib in my old Sheaffer No Nonsense frankenpen.

@Scrawlerthanks - am rotating through all my omas pens at the moment, more for the nibs than for the celluloid.  work pen today is an omas alma mater i purchased from an antique dealer - soft medium nib

An Onoto Excel mentioned in 'the what pen did you clean today' thread and an Onoto Scholar.

The width of line left by the broad nib on the Excel and that of the medium nib on the Scholar are very distinctly different. the former is easily three times that of the latter.  The inks, both Diamine, are different, but I doubt that is of any effect.

Majohn P139 with Medium nib and Akkerman blue night ink

Asvine V200

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Pilot Plumix Italic with Noodlers Bad Black Moccasin ink

Diplomat Esteem Mad C Blue Caneva.

Pilot Elite/e95s – the maroon, aluminium version with an F nib, inked with Pilot blue-black.

I hadn't inked it for a while. Enjoying it.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:35 PM, Penguincollector said:

I have several Parkers that I could use for grey ink, but I chose the 50. The other six Parkers are inked because I was asked to bring them to the pen club meeting on Sunday. One member hasn’t had a chance to explore the brand and I offered to bring a “greatest hits” compliation. Many are inked with Parker Penman Sapphire recipes in order to compare them. The rest of my Parkers are sleeping in their pen case. In order to best express myself through art and handwriting, I keep many pens with many ink colors inked up and ready to go. I take extremely good care of my pens and rotate through my hoard at regular intervals. 

And I very much appreciated the run through of the Parkers! In fact the 50 was the one I enjoyed the most.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” 

-Groucho Marx

1 hour ago, Merrick said:

And I very much appreciated the run through of the Parkers! In fact the 50 was the one I enjoyed the most.

I’m so glad you liked it! It’s such a beautiful pen and very fun to write with. I enjoyed both of your pens, the nib on the Sailor LS is great, and the whirls in the material are beautiful. Are you getting your grandmother’s Moore repaired? 

I think I will use the Parker 50 with Oblation’s Portland Rain today, after this conversation. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

11 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

I’m so glad you liked it! It’s such a beautiful pen and very fun to write with. I enjoyed both of your pens, the nib on the Sailor LS is great, and the whirls in the material are beautiful. Are you getting your grandmother’s Moore repaired? 

I think I will use the Parker 50 with Oblation’s Portland Rain today, after this conversation. 

Yes! I dropped the pen off with Stuart at the meet. Looking forward to getting it back repaired. Thank you for the compliments, I look forward to seeing you at the show next month.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” 

-Groucho Marx

3 hours ago, Merrick said:

Yes! I dropped the pen off with Stuart at the meet. Looking forward to getting it back repaired. Thank you for the compliments, I look forward to seeing you at the show next month.

Excellent! See you then!

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery