What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Parker 45, Diamine Oxford Blue.  I was using an old Parker cartridge, but couldn't write a sentence without it drying out.  Swapped the cartridge for a converter and the Diamine and it's like having a new pen.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far it's been a couple of pens. Pelikan M205 DUO BB with Birmingham Emerald Fusion and the M200 Brown Marbled with Edelstein Sapphire.

Others inked:

Ranga Monterey Architect Broad with Akkerman Vorhout Violet

Sheaffer Craftsman touchdown (M) with Levenger Blue Bahama

Inktrap/no name red celluloid, Waterman 14k EF with Waterman Serenity Blue

Pelikan 140 F with Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Pelikan M400 White Tortoise (B) with KWZI Pine Green

Pelikan M600 (old style - 1990-Sept 1997) 18k OB Birmingham Ohio River

Lamy 2000 Fine - Lamy Petrol

Newton Townsend - F - Levenger Amethyst

Platinum 3776 Century Borgogne-B- Diamine Merlot

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I used the CS Duro earlier to write a brief note to myself. That may be it for the day.

I am using my MB 149 with MB Royal Blue ink, and my Lamy Safari demonstrator inked with Lamy red.

visconti homo sapiens with a fine 23pd nib - got mine second hand from a good seller to help with getting a tuned nib.  waterman serenity blue

19 hours ago, lukeap69 said:

Jinhao 1935. This is a fun pen.

PXL_20240602_1600555652.thumb.jpg.41100f5916f35264f27397c3301feb1b.jpg

Nice looking pen!

As described …

IMG_1155.thumb.jpeg.66516f790af14d712a6c5d1feae3dac6.jpeg

Rhodia 80 gsm paper.

Pilot Penmanship clear with EF nib. I bought two of them to use as nib donors for other Pilot pens. However, I'm not hating the feel of the one I inked, with the included black cartridge. It's surprisingly comfortable, albeit light (I prefer metal pens).

~PJS~

What did you play today?

I'm using my EDC:

• Platinum Procyon Turquoise, F, with Platinum Blue Black ink
  • TWSBI ECO-T Rosso, EF, with Diamine Poppy Red ink
  • TWSBI ECO Persian Green, with Kirk Speer's Needlepoint grind on the pen's original EF nib, inked with Diamine Onyx Black
  • Platinum Curidas Gran Red, Extra Fine, inked with Platinum Blue Black

Pictured on an Endless Recorder notebook. I can't say with any certainty if it has the older stock 68gsm TR paper or if it has the more recent Regalia 80gsm paper. What I can say with certainty is it was a June 2022 Triangle Pen Show purchase from Federalist Pens. Whether the stock they had on hand at the show was TR or Regalia, only Federalist Pens can say. 

The paper is lovely, btw, blank and off-white without being yellow or cream, and is a joy to write on.

IMG_20240603_141302332_HDR.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: 
I took a quick look around the internet for reviews of Regalia paper and the evidence strongly suggests I was lucky enough to acquire one of the older stock TR 68gsm notebooks. Now that I’ve identified the stock, I’ll have to inspect all the unused Endless Notebooks I’ve acquired since my pen show purchase and mark them accordingly.

On 5/31/2024 at 3:54 PM, Cjtamu said:

Yes, and a Prius will get you round town just as well as a Ferrari, but I know which I’d rather drive ha ha. Houston area weather and all the schedule disruption and playing catchup has kept me offline. Been rocking this early 70’s MB 146/for the last couple days. Fine nib tuned by Kirk Speer, inked with Edelstein Onyx. Wonderful writing experience.

20240531_082024_resized.jpeg

20240531_082120_resized.jpeg

I have to say that my two most expensive pens (Bungubox x Sailor Norwegian Wood and Pilot Custom Enjyu) are my most delightful to use.  We still have my wife’s 2014 Prius but toured the Ferrari Museum in Italy yesterday.  It was impressive.  If this analogous thinking holds up, it may be time for me to upgrade my vehicle!

23 minutes ago, Surlyprof said:

I have to say that my two most expensive pens (Bungubox x Sailor Norwegian Wood and Pilot Custom Enjyu) are my most delightful to use.  We still have my wife’s 2014 Prius but toured the Ferrari Museum in Italy yesterday.  It was impressive.  If this analogous thinking holds up, it may be time for me to upgrade my vehicle!

Doesn't Ferrari have an EV these days? Or, at least a hybrid?

depending on the mileage on your Prius, you might want to consider using it as a trade-in.

Just a thought 🙂

What color would you get?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

1 hour ago, Surlyprof said:

Ha ha ha ha ha! Long as your wife doesn’t know we talked, go for it! Have some friends that were at the museum about a month ago. Lousy so and so sent me videos while they toured it.

1 hour ago, Gloucesterman said:

depending on the mileage on your Prius, you might want to consider using it as a trade-in.

Just a thought 🙂

Oh, it has to be red. Unless it’s a vintage Daytona. That I could do in silver.

omas saft green paragon from 1991, r and k verdigris

Onoto evergreen Scholar with a medium nib.

9 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Just a thought 🙂

They had a supercar that had 3 electric motors that boosted the hp to 1030 if that counts as a hybrid!  I wonder if my wife would let me trade in our Chevy Bolt for that one.

7 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

Ha ha ha ha ha! Long as your wife doesn’t know we talked, go for it! Have some friends that were at the museum about a month ago. Lousy so and so sent me videos while they toured it.

Oh, it has to be red. Unless it’s a vintage Daytona. That I could do in silver.

I fear the trade in on our Prius might only buy us a Ferrari headlight!  They did have a Daytona there in sky blue.  Surprisingly one of the least interesting cars there.  

A trip to the Ferrari Museum and all the interesting vehicles around Italy now have me seriously considering a Pininfarina pen. 

IMG_7170.thumb.jpeg.ef173c5602734b2642e1a93a52f6ba20.jpeg

Today, so far, it's been the recently acquired Sheaffer Fashion (?), with what appears to be an M nib from how it writes (there's no marking on the nib) filled with modern Skrip Purple.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

11 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Today, so far, it's been the recently acquired Sheaffer Fashion (?), with what appears to be an M nib from how it writes (there's no marking on the nib) filled with modern Skrip Purple.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

They all are Medium. Sheaffer didn’t offer any other nibs with them as far as I know. I have one Fine, but I am pretty sure the previous owner ground it down (excellently). 

I’ve been trying to run my Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 dry today, and used my red Cross Solo M with Cross Blue. I need to ink up some Parkers by Sunday and don’t have any open spots on my pen rack. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

@taimdala that’s the same color of Endless Recorder notebook I got (Crimson Sky). Mine is TR paper. And I have the Eco-T in Rosso red. I used a Levenger True Writer today.  

Posted Image