What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

10 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Yes indeed! Beautiful pen, writes wonderfully. Available on Amazon just under $50

Hope it makes a great Christmas gift to myself (possibly many months early), a little more costly in Canada, many thanks!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I wrote my to do list with a red M Cross Solo, with a Cross (Pelikan) blue cartridge. Yesterday, I used a Nonami Chinese piston filler I stubbed with Private Reserve Pearlescent Blue-Silver. I am inking my grey 1940s Waterman with their Patrician Purple so @fireantcan check it out tomorrow.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

omas gentleman - sweating it a bit yesterday as it wouldnt fill.  once again fpn message board with @hari317's advice and @siamackz's encouragement saved the day.  still not a perfect job, not retentive enough to disassemble to get the nib aligned with the omas logo.  fill volume is still about 1ml, wonder if the rubber seal is holding up but it writes!

large.omasgentleman.jpg.14c52cbc40164a88b05f4e99a00e245a.jpg

10 hours ago, pan101 said:

Today it's a vintage Mabie Todd Swan in blue Snake Skin. Ink is Diamine's Celadon Cat with a little Holly and glycerin.

20240509_113954.jpeg

You have lovely handwriting. 

Posted Image

Today’s pen is the TWSBI Eco Creme and Rose Gold with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Diamine Chocolate. 

Posted Image

Classy all the way around @pan101. Put a Sailor 1911S to good use today. MF nib and Sailor souboku.

20240509_114014_resized.jpeg

9 hours ago, Misfit said:

You have lovely handwriting. 

Thank you Misfit. My interest in and collection of fountain pens came about from a desire, back in 2017, to improve my shocking handwriting. After a couple of decades of writing everything in block capitals with a Biro for clarity, I could barely write in cursive anymore. I'd given up writing with a fountain pen at 13 when I changed schools to one that allowed rollerballs and embraced the classic green Pentels. 

8 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

Classy all the way around @pan101. Put a Sailor 1911S to good use today. MF nib and Sailor souboku.

20240509_114014_resized.jpeg

Thanks Cjtamu. I have a Sailor 1911s with MF nib, lovely pens, one of the smoothest writers in my collection.

Forgot my pencase at home, so today I write with my Pilot Petit 1 which I carried on me. 

Black Sailor Pro Gear today. Fine nib was tuned by Kirk Speer, one of the best writers I have. This one has a silver nib rather than the usual two tone. I purchased it pre-loved so don’t know if it a speedily edition, a retailer option, or someone just put on a silver nib from a 1911L. However it happened it sure made an excellent pen.

20240510_161833_resized.jpeg

I was at the Oblation Papers Nib Grinding Event today, so I tried a few pens that were not mine, among them a Pilot Falcon with a Spencerian grind, a Waterman’s music nib, an Emerald Pearl Junior Parker Vacumatic, and then my own Parker Duofold Centennial, which is now a IM, and my Sheaffer Lady 632, which needed some tuning. If you’re in Portland, you should go, Kirk Speer is in town all weekend. 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

I’m going to use a Kaweco Brass Sport in honor of @Stompie getting one.

Posted Image

3 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

I was at the Oblation Papers Nib Grinding Event today, so I tried a few pens that were not mine, among them a Pilot Falcon with a Spencerian grind, a Waterman’s music nib, an Emerald Pearl Junior Parker Vacumatic, and then my own Parker Duofold Centennial, which is now a IM, and my Sheaffer Lady 632, which needed some tuning. If you’re in Portland, you should go, Kirk Speer is in town all weekend. 

Sounds like you had oodles of fun 😀👍

3 hours ago, Misfit said:

I’m going to use a Kaweco Brass Sport in honor of @Stompie getting one.

haha,  "Brass in Pocket"....

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

I bounce between my Waterman Phineas (gray) fine point with their serenity blue cartridge and my Ellington stealth fine point with their ink cartridge. I use the Ellington when I have a shirt that doesn't have a pocket. I have scratched the heck out of the barrel with my pen knife and money clip in the same pocket. On the other hand, the Phineas stays in either my shirt of jacket pocket (or in it's case with a matching mechanical pencil). 

1 hour ago, USG said:

Sounds like you had oodles of fun 😀👍

haha,  "Brass in Pocket"....

I did!  Afterwards, I went out for katsu with @fireant

1 minute ago, Penguincollector said:

I did!  Afterwards, I went out for katsu with @fireant

I love Chicken Katsu... 👍 😀  which version did you have? 😀

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

I am still writing with a Lamy White & Black Clip F filled with Lamy Black, because it's autumn, we have had a little rain and that means I can ink any of the pens that would otherwise dry out too fast to bother...but fixated on this one so I refilled it. Again. :rolleyes:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

10 minutes ago, USG said:

I love Chicken Katsu... 👍 😀  which version did you have? 😀

I had pork, but I also love chicken, and beef, and even tofu. The best version I’ve ever eaten was in a Japanese restaurant in Burlington, VT around 2001. It had some sort of fresh farmer’s cheese on it.

2 hours ago, psimpson130 said:

I bounce between my Waterman Phineas (gray) fine point with their serenity blue cartridge and my Ellington stealth fine point with their ink cartridge. I use the Ellington when I have a shirt that doesn't have a pocket. I have scratched the heck out of the barrel with my pen knife and money clip in the same pocket. On the other hand, the Phineas stays in either my shirt of jacket pocket (or in it's case with a matching mechanical pencil). 

Wow, the gray version, that’s the Indus in the River series that includes red/Mississippi, green/Amazon and blue/Danube. I’ve wanted the gray Phileas, but it’s not easy to find, and not cheap when it is found. I have the green/Amazon version. 

Posted Image