What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

17 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Nice looking pen.

Would enjoy seeing more images, if/when possible.

what's the nib?

Vintage pen is French from the 1930's it has a 18c fine slightly flexible nib. The box is from a modern StylOchaP pen. 

Stylochap2.thumb.jpg.4761127748ed17b2ffdb1f49a5c68280.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I chose a Pilot Metropolitan Retro-Pop Red, with a medium nib, for work today.

I'm using my absolute favourite pen.  Onoto Magna.

7 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Vintage pen is French from the 1930's it has a 18c fine slightly flexible nib. The box is from a modern StylOchaP pen. 

Stylochap2.thumb.jpg.4761127748ed17b2ffdb1f49a5c68280.jpg

Really nice.

I’m using the Kaweco Sport AL Black with M nib, and a cartridge of Faber-Castell Violet Blue. The used, like new Kaweco Sport AL Rose Gold pen arrived later. 

large.IMG_0691.jpeg.7395c637ac3b436e1f34f53b91e70386.jpeg

Notice the fountain pen and ink bottle on the book cover?

Posted Image

I do not know. It is a a no name pen from the 1950ties-1960ties. Came with a deskset. Piston filler, nice writer.

No name piston filler.png

My new Asvine V200 with PR Blue Suede ink.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

New Pilot Elite in black and gold w/ a medium nib. Inked with Colorverse Coffee Break. Lovely pen.

It came with a spent cartridge all dried up in the pen so it took some thorough cleaning to start working as it should. These are the risks you take buying on Amazon I suppose.

People always describe the Elite / E95S as a tiny pocket pen, but I didn’t expect it to be as comfortable as it is when posted. I find it to be much more substantial than a Kaweco Sport, for example.

Conway Stewart 570 Lumina

Today, a Pilot Explorer (F) with a Ku Jaku cartridge.

21 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

My new Asvine V200 with PR Blue Suede ink.

Recommended as a good purchase for those of us who want something new and do not have $500 in the cookie jar (or the will to spend that on a pen lately...)????

2 hours ago, N1003U said:

Today, a Pilot Explorer (F) with a Ku Jaku cartridge.

Also enjoying Ku Jaku, albeit in a Namiki Penguin F (can’t type out the whole rigamarole now). It’s so restful and pleasing to the eye. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Sailor high ace neo 1.0 calligraphy pen with BPC Banana Slug. I’ve been experimenting with stub nibs trying to find one I like best. Interestingly, this is wider than both my kaweco and TWSBI 1.1 stub nibs. 

49 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Also enjoying Ku Jaku, albeit in a Namiki Penguin F (can’t type out the whole rigamarole now). It’s so restful and pleasing to the eye. 

Teal inks are growing on me, but that wasn’t always the case. Ku jaku is pleasant to my eye.

I’m using a Levenger True Writer French Impressionists pen with F nib filled with J Herbin Terre de Feu. 

Posted Image

9 minutes ago, N1003U said:

Teal inks are growing on me, but that wasn’t always the case. Ku jaku is pleasant to my eye.

Teal and turquoise have long been favorite ink colors of mine. I like the endless variety from in your face to tranquil. I fall in love again with each ink as I use it. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

My previous students requested that I guest critique their final projects in my old Design and Meaning class.  I took notes with my Lamy 2000 with a medium nib and Noodler’s North African Violet.  Afterwards, I used that pen and my Schon Pocket Six to give an impromptu lesson on design form language.  Wished I’d also brought my Pilot Custom for a more traditional contrast.

6 hours ago, torstar said:

Recommended as a good purchase for those of us who want something new and do not have $500 in the cookie jar (or the will to spend that on a pen lately...)????

Yes indeed! Beautiful pen, writes wonderfully. Available on Amazon just under $50

PAKMAN

Today it's a vintage Mabie Todd Swan in blue Snake Skin. Ink is Diamine's Celadon Cat with a little Holly and glycerin.

20240509_113954.jpeg

Conway Stewart 570 Lumina