What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Today's pen has been a Leonardo Messenger with Diamine Onyx Black ink. I've been adding glycerine to the cartridge in way of an experiment but over egged it. It all went horribly wrong and the entire cartridge contents dribbled onto the page, what a mess. Cleaned up and new cartridge fitted now.

20240425_184901.jpeg

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, pan101 said:

Today's pen has been a Leonardo Messenger with Diamine Onyx Black ink. I've been adding glycerine to the cartridge in way of an experiment but over egged it. It all went horribly wrong and the entire cartridge contents dribbled onto the page, what a mess. Cleaned up and new cartridge fitted now.

20240425_184901.jpeg

I often resemble that

better yet is spilling a bit of water on the desk and summoning up long forgotten ink spills 

I’ve used a Kaweco x Goldspot Ultimate Gray transparent pen with BB nib filled with Birmingham Pens Lunar Dust ink. 

Posted Image

Great pen, nice ink.  My first - and probably last - Montblanc purchase.

The “shoe” bottle lives up to its legendary status, though - and TBH is only a small markup, per ml, from my lovely LAMY Crystal Obsidian, with its sub-standard lid (finally fixed with copious amounts of glue!)

Even after edit, the pen is coming out rather too blue.  It is a blue-grey in reality, much nicer than shown.

IMG_1132.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

Edited by Peter_H
Adjust colour balance on photo

So far today, it's been the Azure Lamy al-Star SE, Hanzi nib -- still with Lamy Pink Cliff; and the Light Grey Pilot Decimo, F nib -- still with Namiki Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lakor in woodgrain from the 1920ties-1930ties. Pelikan 4001 turquoise. Very good writer.

A Parker 51, Diamine Oxford Blue.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

So far this morning my Pelikan M600 old style 18k OB nib with Birmingham Ohio River. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Pilot week. Vermillion Custom 845 Urushi with B nib and shin-Kai. Custom 743 WA nib with kon-peki. Blue marble Vanishing Point SE F nib with ku-Jaku. Makes for a pretty pleasant week of writing.

A black-&-gold ‘Made in England’ Parker Junior Duofold from the 1960s, ‘M’ nib(?), loaded with ESSRI.

A brushed-steel Parker Sonnet from 2007, steel ‘M’ nib, loaded with Monteverde Olivine.

A ’Chiselled Ebony’ Parker Urban from 2013, ‘M’ nib, loaded with Rohrer & Klingner Sepia.

I’m currently having a ‘Parker’ phase.
And a ‘murky’ ink phase 🙂

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

parker striped duofold fine nib with parker washable blue - not a great ink combination surprisingly, writes a bit too dry

Today’s pen is a Kaweco Sport Classic Bordeaux with M nib filled with Kaweco Ruby Red ink. 

Posted Image

A Lamy Safari White with Black Clip, fine nib, filled with a Lamy Black cartridge.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Montblanc LeGrand Solitaire Doue Silver Barley

IMG_20240501_094503.jpeg

Lovely patina

Add lightness and simplicate.

Matte black, clipless Ranga Asa.  Closest thing to an Oldwin.

So far it's' been a "blue-black ink" day --

Did the MP journal entry with the Vac Red Shadow Wave, F nib, newly refilled with Waterman Mysterious Blue.  Unfortunately I slopped ink all over the journal, and the outside of the bottle, and all over both hands when the bottle tipped (at least it didn't end up on any of the bedding.... :wacko:).

And in a little while I have to pay some bills, and also co-sign a check that needs to go to the bank, and for that I'll be using the Sailor 1911 Loch Ness Monster, MF nib, still with Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, kazoolaw said:

Matte black, clipless Ranga Asa.  Closest thing to an Oldwin.

What a coinkidink....using my Arco Verde Oldwin today.

the Danitrio Fellowship

In my notebook I've been alternating, thought by thought, between the new Kaweco Sport piston filler, inked with Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple, and an ebonite ENSSO Piuma pocket pen with a titanium nib, inked with Seitz-Kreuznach Navy Blau. Occasional highlights and marginalia with a Jinhao 82 Mini inked with Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.