• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ballpoint Caran d'Ache 888 Infinite with Goliath refill.

refill worth more than the pen

"but this pen isn't made for a Goliath"

"that's okay I'll find a way...."

2 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

This guy - Grifos Gaudi

20240326_210549.thumb.jpg.4606a375b2d73eed281686df5cab3311.jpg

What a very attractive pen - I like the twist on the guilloche very much. I'm guessing it's sterling silver?

A couple of Shawn Newton pens...with Esterbrook nibs.

spacer.png

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, gweimer1 said:

A couple of Shawn Newton pens...with Esterbrook nibs.

The black-&-white one reminds me of the ‘Op Art’ of Bridget Riley.

And of the traditional British sweets called ‘Everton Mints’ 😁

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

7 hours ago, penwarrior32 said:

Nice pen. Very bling.

Pshaw sirrah!

It is a truth universally-acknowledged that a machined all-sterling-silver pen is a ‘timeless’, and ‘elegant’, and ‘classy’ writing-implement!

If you want to see something from the more ‘bling’-y (i.e. ostentatious) side of the ‘Shiny Thing’ spectrum, you need to look at pens that are entirely-gold-plated, such as my own 1980s Parker 75s:

large.92F9351B-AF8C-4872-B941-98A63BC00516.jpeg.444af7ec2bcd109abeacbd9c502159e3.jpeg

Those are ‘bling’-y! 😉

I will though add that they do look nice when one is writing by candlelight 🙂

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

My pen of the day is the TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Silver with 1.1mm stub nib. It is filled from a sample of Kaweco Midnight Blue. 

Posted Image

1 hour ago, Mercian said:

Pshaw sirrah!

It is a truth universally-acknowledged that a machined all-sterling-silver pen is a ‘timeless’, and ‘elegant’, and ‘classy’ writing-implement!

If you want to see something from the more ‘bling’-y (i.e. ostentatious) side of the ‘Shiny Thing’ spectrum, you need to look at pens that are entirely-gold-plated, such as my own 1980s Parker 75s:

large.92F9351B-AF8C-4872-B941-98A63BC00516.jpeg.444af7ec2bcd109abeacbd9c502159e3.jpeg

Those are ‘bling’-y! 😉

I will though add that they do look nice when one is writing by candlelight 🙂

Yes. Very clingy!!!!! Cheers mate. 

8 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

What a very attractive pen - I like the twist on the guilloche very much. I'm guessing it's sterling silver?

Yes Sterling Silver. Beautiful pen.  The Grifos rep I talked to at the Arkansas Pen Show explained that the pen was named the Gaudi because Gaudi was the mathematician that developed the Fibonacci series and they used the Fibonacci series as the settings on the Guilloche machine to create the spiral pattern! Makes the pen even cooler to me!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Interesting.  I vaguely remember learning about the Fibonacci series in some math class in high school, but had to look it up to double check that I remembered what it was *correctly* :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

CS Le Tigre 106 and Dinkie 570, filled with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise.

Today I inked up an EF pastel purple Chinese clicky pen that @Sailor Kenshin sent me with reconstituted Geha Purple (or Violett). I also used my glass pen for swatches, and my 1928 jade Lady Duofold. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Inked up my gray Pilot Metropolitan CM with BPC Interstellar Bronze. 

parker striped duofold ef from 1941, just needed a quick ultrasonic clean and resac.  parker washable blue.

1 minute ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

@Penguincollector, the clicky pens do take certain cartridges.  I have some pale neon blurple that may or may not fit…. 😸

I’ll check it out- I have a ton of Chinese cartridges in both of the usual sizes. I was wondering about that, if it needed the converter as part of the clicker or not. Thanks! 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

23 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

I’ll check it out- I have a ton of Chinese cartridges in both of the usual sizes. I was wondering about that, if it needed the converter as part of the clicker or not. Thanks! 

The mechanism does work if the carts are long enough.  You know the color of Clairefontaine and Rhodia lines, dots and grids?  This cartridge is like a neon version of that, lol.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

25 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

The mechanism does work if the carts are long enough.  You know the color of Clairefontaine and Rhodia lines, dots and grids?  This cartridge is like a neon version of that, lol.

I can picture it, lol. Sounds like a color I found at Five Below a couple of years back.