What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

47 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

👋Hi Neighbor! Does the pleasure of writing have a brick and mortar store? Your pen and ink choice are making me long for a weekend at the seaside.

Dilettante, yes, the shop is right on Ocean Ave. It's small, but very well appointed with pens, paper, and journals. It is high end with lots of eye candy pens. Whenever we go to Carmel I drop in to see what is going on. The staff is friendly and will let you try out pens, but don't expect any great discounts. After all, it is in Carmel! You can see the shop online. Have fun!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My pen of the day is a Kaweco Sport Skyline White with B nib, and the ink is a cartridge of Jet Pen’s Blue ink. 

Posted Image

Today I have been letter writing and so far it has been the Monteverde Ritma (Diamine Onyx Black ink) and Cross Beverly (cross black ink)

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Pen of (yesterday and) today:  Bexley Americana, Sanibel Blue.

image.png.adb82a95477cda6ace20dbf24d2e949d.png

Todays journal pens Cross Bailey cross blue black ink and Cross Calais Cross black ink

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Today's inked pens (both with Diamine Denim):

Parker "51" Vacumatic in Cedar Blue (work)

Sheaffer Sentinel "Fat" Touchdown (home)

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes
"Modern Life®️? It’s rubbish! 🙄" - Mercian

So far today, it's been the Pilot Plumix, IM (?) nib, still with Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa; and Lamy al-Star Azure, Hanzi nib, still with Lamy Pink Cliff.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

TWSBI Diamond 580 ALR Fine Nib with some Noodler’s Bad Green Gator I got in a random ink sample. It’s a nice color. Probably not a daily use ink for me.

Jinhao 9019 Fine Nib with some Platinum Carbon Ink. The deeper I go down the ink rabbit hole the more I appreciate a good no-nonsense black ink. 

My pen of the day is a Lamy Joy, black with red clip, with a 1.1mm italic nib filled with Diamine Amaranth. 

Posted Image

I went to a pen club meeting today, so I got to enjoy many beautiful pens. There was a red Namiki Falcon Soft Fine with matching red cartridge, 2 Magna Carta pens, 800 and 1000. The 1000 felt like I was writing with a clown pen, but it’s such a nice material. There was a German button filler with a glass nib and a green celluloid that reminded me of a Conway Stewart hatch pattern inked with Diamine Emerald, a Kanwrite Jumbo, a beautiful cobalt Pen BBS 308 F, An F Pilot Decimo  inked with  Robert Oster Green Olive, a Pen T Oshimi F inked with Diamine Imperial Purple, and an Ocean Blue Lamy AL-Star with a hooded hailine nib, ink unknown. 

It was safety pen day apprently, I tried a 1920s Waterman with a lovely gold cap and barrel, and was given a modern Beena one. The last two pens I used there were a Waterman 52 music nib inked with ST Dupont Violet, and a pen made from micarta by Atelier Lusso fitted with a broad Schon Monoc nib. I saw many more beauties, but they weren’t inked. 

I carried my Sailor PGS penguin pen inked with Sailor Manyo Konagi, a Platignum “cartridge gold nib M,” inked with a black Platignum cartridge, a Morison XXXF (seriously, it’s inked with a wet Monteverde Brown Sugar and it’s still ridiculously narrow) , and a Schneider BK 406 EF. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

seniorDuofold.jpg.27c609fb790af7acbcd164e9975937a9.jpgA Parker Senior Duofold, made in Denmark around 1954.

On 4/15/2024 at 3:36 PM, Tashi_Tsering said:

Montegrappa Espressione Duetto

IMG_20240415_102240.jpg

Beautiful pen 

A very reliable Parker Duofold Super 17, Diamine Oxford Blue.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

Jinhao 999 with Sailor blue black and Pelikan Twist with Iroshizuku kon - peki.

I have been futzing with a 14k gold ‘M’ nib on a Parker 45 today, to try to get the bugger to write. As such, I have got some Waterman ‘Havana’ (aka ‘Absolute Brown’) loaded into that pen.

I’m not yet certain that I have futzed with the nib enough to get its flow to where I want it 😕

What doesn’t help is that, despite its great performance qualities, I only ever use this ink for such ‘testing’ exercises, which is because I dislike its colour.
I should probably try to give the ink away, so that it can get some actual love.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

Using two Shaeffers today:

1) a blue, fine Tuckaway with Birmingham Locomotive ink

2) a black Saratoga with a medium Triumph nib with Organics studio Blue Crab ink

being carried around in a new pen case I crocheted. 

IMG_4204.thumb.jpeg.e7b1c8a3f982d96ed10a069e3ef167dd.jpeg

So far today it's been the Sheaffer Star Wars Pop R2-D2 pen, M nib, still with diluted vintage Skrip V-Black; and the Parker Vector Shrek Puss in Boots pen, M nib, newly refilled with Robert Oster Bishop to King (which, interestingly enough, has become fully purple in the bottle now -- when I first got the ink, it would go down cerulean blue and then color shift, and seemed to vary on how fast it would shift to purple depending on the paper...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My pen of the day is a Pilot Prera Iro-Ai with green ends, and a CM nib, filled with Levenger Always Greener. 

large.IMG_0661.jpeg.15d883b487120b572cbf70b7c64700be.jpeg

Posted Image