What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

10 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

How do you like the ink?  I saw a swab of it last month at the Baltimore/Washington Pen Show, but it didn't wow me.  OTOH, I really like the Pink Cliff ink.

As for me?  Today (so far) it's been the vintage BHR Waterman Ideal ringtop (not sure of the nib width, but it does have a bit of flex) -- just refilled with Waterman Absolute Brown.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I love purples, so this one is a win for me, but it is really dark, almost black. My teen has pink cliff, and it’s also really saturated, but more blue.  Both are nice inks, but the blackberry wins for me. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Mint Blue with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Diamine Soft Mint. 

Posted Image

I’m writing with a relatively new Santini Cherry ebonite giant 8 with a fine nib inked with GvFC Hazelnut brown ink.

I’m going to use a Pilot Prera Iro-Ai with blue end and cap, and CM nib. I’ll be filling it from a sample of Kobe Blue Cosmo. Turns out Kobe Blue Cosmo is a dark blue. I opted for it thinking of cosmos, as in space. So it’s a fitting dark color for that. Turns out Kobe calls it a night blue ink imagining outer space. Ha! Must be why I bought the sample last year. 🔭

I have Diamine Eclipse ink in a pen for tomorrow’s partial Solar Eclipse where I live. It will be 90% here. I saw the 2017 Eclipse in totality. It was the most amazing event. I so wanted to go across Missouri to see this one, but I’m a solo caregiver, so not an option. I need to make my pinhole box still. 

Posted Image

Pelican M200 Classic, Lamy Scala, Sheaffer 100 and Nahvalur Nautilus. Inks Edelstien Jade, Diamine Onyx Black and Diamine Dessert Burst. 

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Two pen day.  A Pelikan M200 with Diamine Antique Oak and a lovely Parker Super 17 with Diamine Oxford Blue.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

It's been a variety of pens today, if you include the fact that I was up after midnight doing today's NaPoWriMo prompt (actually twice, since my mind went two completely different directions on it, and I'm actually happy with how both poems came out... :thumbup:). 

1. vintage black Esterbrook Dollar pen (3668 Sunburst Firm Medium nib) -- Waterman Serenity Blue

2. Peter Pauper Press Jane "Falling Blossoms" (M? nib) -- diluted J Herbin Eclat de Saphir.

3. Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster (MF nib) -- still with Sailor Souboku.

4. Parker Vector Shrek series "Puss in Boots" (M nib) -- still with Robert Oster Bishop to King.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have been using an orange Pilot Kakuno fitted with a CM nib and filled with Teranishi Travelling Sepia.

I'm writing it empty so it can be cleaned ahead of the arrival of a black Pilot Explorer EX2 which will be getting this nib (and the Kakuno it's original smiley).

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Narwhal rose gold demonstrator made specially for Galen Leather, with a stub nib and inked with KWZ Prairie Green.

image.thumb.png.aa2eea460039b51f80057bee9f043a93.png

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub inked with Robert Oster Blue Moon that I got from a random ink sample. Very nice ink. Might grab a bottle.

Jinhao 9019 F inked with Colorverse Coffee Break. Quickly becoming a new go-to ink for me.

TWSBI Diamond 580ALR 1.1 Stub inked with Jaques Herbin Emerald of Chivor. Not as in love with this ink as everyone else, I guess. Even when I spin my pen and make sure to mix it up I end up with occasional dumps of shimmer. The color and shimmer are very inconsistent, and overall it's just sort of dry. I have a brand new bottle that I mixed thoroughly before inking up.

I’ll be using a TWSBI Diamond Mini black with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Diamine Eclipse, and a Visconti Rembrandt Masters of the Arts Eclipse pen with M nib filled with Van Dieman’s Midnight Series Eclipse. 

large.IMG_0641.jpeg.3a01b7dbfae8400c50d64c967f0718d6.jpeg

Posted Image

This is my first opportunity for taking work notes with ALL fountain pens (was paper constrained previously).  In the rotation:

• Sailor Shikiori PGS MF with BPC Longbill Spearfish (my favorite blue)
  • Kaweco Perkeo, M with Robert Oster Viola (my favorite purple shader)
  • Monteverde Ritma Gala Omniflex with Monteverde Green
  • Jinhao Shark F with Pelkian Royal Blue
  • Pilot Falcon SF with Namiki Black
  • Lamy Safari M with Lamy Blackberry
  • Wingsung's Lamy copy F with my customers BPC mix (swampy green)

14 hours ago, Antenociticus said:

Narwhal rose gold demonstrator made specially for Galen Leather, with a stub nib and inked with KWZ Prairie Green.

image.thumb.png.aa2eea460039b51f80057bee9f043a93.png

That’s a pretty demonstrator. 

Posted Image

The new Kaweco Sport Piston 🙂

Medium nib

Diamine Ancient Copper

image.thumb.jpeg.e5653029f51b1f8fb53f7dde3555e8af.jpeg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I have used all of the following today

Lamy 2000 w/Lamy Petrol 

Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled/Pelikan 4001 Violet 

Sheaffer Craftsman touchdown/Levenger Forest Green 

Pelikan M400 White Tortoise/KWZI El Dorado 

Lamy Al Star Petrol/Diamine Ancient Copper 

Platinum 3776 Century Borgogne/Diamine Merlot 

Pelikan 140/Pelikan 4001 Blue Black 

Everything that is inked. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Jinhao x159 with a medium nib, inked with some Noodler's Blue Black.

I didn't care for the x159 at first but it seems to perform much better with some wet flowy ink. It's pretty nice to write with at the moment.

Finished out my Goulet Notebook for my Traveler's Company Passport size, so I switched to a DIY Iroful notebook I made. I didn't realize when I ordered the loose Iroful sheets that they only have dot grid on one side. I figured "meh I'll use it anyway," but what I also didn't realize is that the blank rear side is also a different texture than the front and the ink isn't really drying properly on it :P

The joys of DIY. If anyone has a source for loose sheets of Tomoe River 68gsm with dot grids printed on it, I'd be eternally grateful for a link.

Today is the 2017 Lamy Al-Star with Serenity Blue. This pen has honest wear and for some reason, I love the tactile experience. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Today (at least so far):

1. Pelikan M200 Café Crème, B nib -- Edelstein Topaz.

2. Sailor 1911 Loch Ness Monster, MF nib -- Sailor Souboku

3. Pilot Decimo (Light Grey), F nib -- Namiki Blue.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."