What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Today I've been using a Waterman's chimera pen. Cap and body are English Waterman's but have no model number. Section and Feed from another English Waterman's and no.2 nib from a Canadian Waterman's. Writes a nice smooth medium/fine line, has good flex and ink flow, just a pen with no name.

20240405_202930.jpeg

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My second Jinhao 9019 that just showed up in the mail today. Inked up with a new favorite ink in Colorverse Coffee Break.

Poor photos of course, but I’m very pleased with how this pen looks. It’s a much richer and more vibrant green than I had expected based on the product photos.

Like my other 9019, the writing experience is class. Love it.

Just writing on some CVS Caliber paper to test feathering and bleed through with this ink. It’s a cheapo paper but actually performs pretty nicely. Got the recommendation from a video by Chris Saenz on YouTube.

Also really digging the color combo of the green demonstrator with the coffee brown ink. It’s a nice match in my humble opinion.

Happy Friday folks!

IMG_3787.thumb.jpeg.9bbead63b86aef07020bcf05328fd1cc.jpegIMG_3791.thumb.jpeg.25681aee77cb2afef3e3f1f727b3c430.jpeg

Today (at least so far) it's been the vintage Esterbrook Dollar pen with the 3668 Sunburst nib, still with Waterman Serenity Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Todays pen of the evening is my Eversharp Skyline and Parker Quink Blue-Blackimage.thumb.jpg.79f1044e4101f3e7dcea624083b3dad8.jpg

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Today it's mostly been an ultem ENSSO Piuma with an F nib, inked with Rohrer and Klingner Verdigris. New pen, really like it. Also made some additional notes using a Kaweco Sport with an EF nib, inked with Graf von Faber-Castell Burned Orange. Old pen, really hate it. The ink flow is so poor it's no fun to write with. Today was the pen's latest last chance.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

A Gaston angel and devil,  another Gaston, a Cypress and  a Delta Starcage.

the Danitrio Fellowship

NPD! Lamy Safari blackberry, medium nib with Lamy blackberry ink. 

6 hours ago, Fo0zle said:

My second Jinhao 9019 that just showed up in the mail today. Inked up with a new favorite ink in Colorverse Coffee Break.

Poor photos of course, but I’m very pleased with how this pen looks. It’s a much richer and more vibrant green than I had expected based on the product photos.

Like my other 9019, the writing experience is class. Love it.

Just writing on some CVS Caliber paper to test feathering and bleed through with this ink. It’s a cheapo paper but actually performs pretty nicely. Got the recommendation from a video by Chris Saenz on YouTube.

Also really digging the color combo of the green demonstrator with the coffee brown ink. It’s a nice match in my humble opinion.

Happy Friday folks!

IMG_3787.thumb.jpeg.9bbead63b86aef07020bcf05328fd1cc.jpegIMG_3791.thumb.jpeg.25681aee77cb2afef3e3f1f727b3c430.jpeg

The 9019 are really good. I have four already and all of them were tuned properly out of the factory. The quality for this price is amazing. I love the various colours available too. Enjoy.

I’m using the TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Silver with 1.1mm stub nib that recently arrived. Its buddy the AL Mint Blue got cleaned, and is drying. It will get a fill of Diamine Soft Mint again. 

Posted Image

A new nib for my Laban Mento tortoise shell arrived today. A Jowo flex nib, #6, extra fine and gold plated steel. Fitted and test using today. First impressions, reasonably smooth with a little stiff flex, was hoping for more!

20240406_120900.jpeg

Today I am trying out an Edison Collier Grande. It is a FAT pen. I think the only thing fatter I have had in my hand is a Namiki Emporer, and that is a monster.

I didn’t think I would like the pen when I first picked it up, but it is surprisingly comfortable. We’ll see how it goes after a few pages of writing.

Grifos Sterling Gaudi

20240326_210454.thumb.jpg.734c3b2f7abdcdbbfa7f29d09139cbab.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

5 hours ago, pan101 said:

A new nib for my Laban Mento tortoise shell arrived today. A Jowo flex nib, #6, extra fine and gold plated steel. Fitted and test using today. First impressions, reasonably smooth with a little stiff flex, was hoping for more!

20240406_120900.jpeg

The shape and barrel tortoise pattern are so attractive in this pen-really lovely.

1 hour ago, PAKMAN said:

Grifos Sterling Gaudi

The twist and guilloche pattern had me when you posted this with your Little Rock Show finds.

@cossar, your crocheted case is adorable! Today’s pen is my Namiki Origami Penguin. I have to use up the ungodly amount of Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku in the Con-70. There’s a few papers that I want to test.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Current triad:

1. Pilot Metal Falcon in black, with Aurora Black.

2. Pilot Custom 743 in Verdigris with Iroshizuku Sho-Ro

3. Aurora Optima in Blue Auroloide, with Diamine Sapphire Blue.

17 hours ago, pucipatas said:

NPD! Lamy Safari blackberry, medium nib with Lamy blackberry ink. 

How do you like the ink?  I saw a swab of it last month at the Baltimore/Washington Pen Show, but it didn't wow me.  OTOH, I really like the Pink Cliff ink.

As for me?  Today (so far) it's been the vintage BHR Waterman Ideal ringtop (not sure of the nib width, but it does have a bit of flex) -- just refilled with Waterman Absolute Brown.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Grifos Sterling Gaudi

You always manage to get LOVELY sterling silver pens!  

2 hours ago, Carrau said:

The shape and barrel tortoise pattern are so attractive in this pen-really lovely.

Thank you, it is a nice pen, to me it seems vintage without being old. The original nib was very corroded when I got it and I replaced with a Jinhao to start with. I hope this Jowo will be the permanent replacement.

Y-o-L Grand Barley w/ Diamine Jet Black ink for letters to grandchildren.