What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Today is apparently Japan Day at my house:

1) Pilot Decimo (Light Grey, F nib), with Namiki Blue.

2) Sailor 1911S (Loch Ness Monster, MF nib), with Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still all Bexleys. 

the Danitrio Fellowship

2017 Lamy Al-Star "Pacific Blue", black fine point nib, Waterman Serenity Blue

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

I’ll be using the TWSBI Diamond Mini AL Silver pen with 1.1mm stub nib that arrived today. I got three ink samples as well, so I’ll fill it with a sample of Kaweco Midnight Blue. 

Posted Image

Jinhao 9016, Diamine Poppy Red.  Another good writer from Jinhao 🙂

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

Just got a Jinhao 9016 with a fine nib yesterday.

Thus far it’s been an absolute joy to write with. Smoooooooth is the word.

I’d say Jinhao has their nibs mislabeled to some extent. The fine writes like a wet medium and the medium nib x159 I have writes finer and drier. Confusing lol.

Currently inked up with some Diamine Oxblood. This pen holds an insane amount of ink, so I highly doubt I’ll get all the way through it without changing out for something else.

Brought my blue, medium nib Parker 51 Special and white, medium nib Shaeffer No Nonsense (eye dropper) to work today. Birmingham Pen Salted Seabreeze and Organics Studio Blue Crab are the inks today. 

I crocheted this little carrying case, I avoid carrying more than two pens and this fits the bill!

image.thumb.jpg.0ad153b4c8bbae74ad1c343c38f7af44.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.3d072a49d53ed393e60544b8198ce2bb.jpgIMG_4129.thumb.jpeg.7178c864c3f81a0fc89e766ac7256971.jpeg

Onoto medium nib Scholar because the CS Duro has dried out since I used it last on Monday and I don't feel like b*ggering with it.

So far today it's been the freebie Pilot Plumix, IM(?) nib, still with Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa; and the Parker Vector Shrek "Puss in Boots", M nib, still with Robert Oster Bishop to King.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

7 hours ago, cossar said:

I crocheted this little carrying case, I avoid carrying more than two pens and this fits the bill!

Very cool! Would very rusty crochet skills manage to make one? I just found my old knitting bag, after 40+ years, and have begun again with swatches of the basic stitches. Did you invent the pattern? Or have one to follow?

Will work for pens... :unsure:

1 hour ago, AmandaW said:

Very cool! Would very rusty crochet skills manage to make one? I just found my old knitting bag, after 40+ years, and have begun again with swatches of the basic stitches. Did you invent the pattern? Or have one to follow?

You’d do just fine! I’ll message you. 

My pen of the day is a Pilot Prera in dark brown filled with a sample of Pilot Iroshizuku Ina-Ho. The pen has a CM nib. 🤎

Posted Image

4 hours ago, RedPie said:

That is a nice Shaeffer @cossar!

Thank you! I’m quite happy with my no nonsense. 

An early-1980s Pelikan M400 ‘M’, loaded with Pelikan Edelstein Smoky Quartz.

A 1960s English Parker Junior Duofold, with a slightly ‘bouncy’ or ‘springy’ nib which doesn't have its width marked and I assume to be a ‘M’. It is loaded with ESSRI.

I bought this pen (with its ebonite feed and ‘aerometric’ fill system) to dedicate to this ink, and the pairing is a very happy one 😊

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

I cleaned out my Pilot Prera Iro-Ai with pink end and cap. Once it’s filled with Pelikan Edelstein Rose Quartz, I’ll use it for my page a day.  The ink is from the swag from the 2023 Pelikan Hub. A friend got it for me, and mailed it in late February. 

Posted Image

Sailor shikiori PGS MF, refilled with Birmingham Pen Co’s Longbill Spearfish. This was the first pen I’ve intentionally tried to match the pen and ink. 

The new Kaweco Sport Piston with M nib. Very smooth writer

IMG_7255.thumb.jpeg.c8fd244d87fd3d938f4a376edcfc6269.jpeg

Compared to 50s piston Kaweco in lenght. Enjoy

Mr. Pen w/ .9mm CI nib and Pelikan Brown ink.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”