What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Kaweco sport in white double broad nib with Diamine Ancient Copper. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@pucipatas I have a Kaweco Sport Skyline White with BB nib. I might will try Diamine Ancient Copper in mine after it runs out of ink. 

Posted Image

5 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@pucipatas I have a Kaweco Sport Skyline White with BB nib. I might will try Diamine Ancient Copper in mine after it runs out of ink. 

@Misfit I wanted to love ancient copper, but it’s not quite right to me. 

@pucipatas I’m sorry to read that. The ink does cause ink crusting on the nib in some pens.  I like the color out of a 1.1mmitalic nib on an Edison Beaumont. 

But I get it. We don’t all like the same inks, and that’s ok. That is why there are so many out there, and so many more to come.  

Posted Image

Well it's Monday and of course that means it's decision day for my Pen Of The Week. It's never easy.

POTW.jpg

4 hours ago, Misfit said:

@pucipatas I’m sorry to read that. The ink does cause ink crusting on the nib in some pens.  I like the color out of a 1.1mmitalic nib on an Edison Beaumont. 

But I get it. We don’t all like the same inks, and that’s ok. That is why there are so many out there, and so many more to come.  

I Agree 👍..  I've found that many of the newer highly concentrated inks crust if the pens are not used daily... Some pens more than others.

Today:

Waterman Boucheron  (M)

Diamine Ink Mixture - Getting ready for some new ink

Iroful Notebook

CLICK TO ENALRGE

IMG_5656800.jpg.6af6549aaadbe2ed036a2a5880aea8e6.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

@USG that is such a beautiful Waterman pen. So pretty!

Posted Image

31 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@USG that is such a beautiful Waterman pen. So pretty!

Thank you, I've had it a long time.... 😀

Finished my first cartridge.

Black/Clear Sailor High Ace Neo, Fine nib with Sailor Shikiori Yamadori

Time to clean it and select the next pen.

Today it's been the Vibrant Pink Lamy al-Star, 1.1 mm stub nib, with diluted Noodler's Grinch Garnet; and the Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster, MF nib, still with Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I helped someone price a collection of pens for consignment today, and dipped a few different pens in Cross Blue ink at the request of the seller: S. T. Dupont Olympio, Sheaffer Balance Levenger Aspen, Penol No.1 button filler,  a blue Pelikan 605, a W.German M800 with a 18c nib, and a beautiful little grey striped reverse trim Sheaffer Balance with a 3-25 nib made in Canada. I used my own Parker IM Monochrome Blue F with PPS for note taking. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Visconti Ragtime

Iroshizuku Ama-Iro

Iroful A5 Sheets

CLICK TO ENLARGE

IMG_5661800B.jpg.21b8433770a7829665439009a77eed41.jpg

Today it's a Sailor 1911s with Sailor Jentle Nioi-Sumire ink in my new Baznotebooks 300 page A5 Tomoe River notebook.

20240402_141107.jpeg

Today's inked pens. I'm trying to figure out which ones to clean, again. The Monteverde, the Kaweco, maybe the Levenger. I have too many pens loaded with blue.

Also trying to since a better way to document my pen+ink pairings. This "log sheet" is my current solution.

20240402_080941.jpg

Very nice @SLinkster. I don't think you have too many filled with blue, since they are all different!

Gray Jinhao Shark, fine with Pelikan Royal blue

59 minutes ago, RedPie said:

Very nice @SLinkster. I don't think you have too many filled with blue, since they are all different!

Mmmmmmaybe. I'm not terribly happy with Akkerman 09 in a Kaweco BB. It's a lovely shade of indigo blue, but I can't get it to do much shading in that nib. It tends toward being a dry writer so I should probably have it in a juicier stub instead. Since I posted I've decided to move the Preppy and Petit into the cup with my other "disposable" pens, mostly Pilot Varsitys that don't rate a mention on the currently-inked list. If I also ignore the dinky Moonman (which I use almost exclusively for the NYT crossword) I reduce headcount by FIVE. 

Hi, my name is SLinkster and I have a problem...

I am trying to open a Mabie Todd 3000 from around 1905 so I can fill it...