What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

9 minutes ago, yubaprof said:

Thank you Paul, very helpful. The Onoto medium is about what I would expect a medium to be.

I've found Onoto nibs to be truer to size than most brands I've tried. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my Sailor Pro Gear last night so it gets to work today. 😁

10 hours ago, Misfit said:

Seeing your photos made me go looking at available TWSBI Diamond Mini colors. I have the Mini in Mint Blue, which would look good with the Grape. I had in the past wanted the clear Mini. The Silver Mini is also worth considering. I have the Mini also in Black, and the White and Rose Gold version 2. 

Anyway, the Diamond Mini in Mint Blue with 1.1mm stub nib will be my pen of the day. It has J Herbin Violette Pensee in it. 

Oh, by the way, Goldspot has an exclusive Kaweco Sport in transparent Royal Amethyst that you might would like. I ended up ordering one on eBay from Goldspot because I thought that would save a tiny bit of money. 

I think we may have to expand the cognac pen club to include purple pens!

I refilled my Jinhao 999 Twins Dragon. The pen I liked from the first time I inked it! 😀 I use it the most right now.

So far today it's been the light grey Pilot Metropolitan, F nib, with Namiki Blue.  

Looks to be a Japanese pen and ink day for me, because I think I have to also get a few bills paid -- and the pen currently inked up with something safe for signing stuff and addressing envelopes is the Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster, MF nib, still with Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 3/5/2024 at 5:43 AM, Misfit said:

Today’s pen is a Kaweco Sport classic Bordeaux with M nib, and a cartridge of Kaweco Ruby red. 

Today I am using a dark green Kaweco Sport EF with the add-on clip for noting appointments.  It passed the leave-capped-and-ignore-for-months-and-see-if-it still-writes test. :)  That's what I like most about this pen.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

My pen for today is the TWSBI Diamond Mini in White and Rose Gold version 2 with a 1.1mm stub nib. It is filled with Nemosine Alpha Centauri ink. 

Posted Image

I have two 1930's hard black rubber Esterbrook Dollar Pens. Today I am using the later, non pinched clip version, with a 2556 nib. Unlike the 2556 nib I was using, this one is provides a fine point. I hadn't used this one recently and it would not draw in ink. I spent a little time using water to flush it out. While I always flush before putting away, I might have missed a bit of ink. This 2556 has the early flat feed. 

post-156106-0-74501800-1577627990_thumb.jpg

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Today it's a Jinhao 9019 day, not buying anymore of these! The latest one, clear green, bought solely for the novelty heartbeat nib.

20240307_134635.jpeg

4 minutes ago, pan101 said:

Today it's a Jinhao 9019 day, not buying anymore of these! The latest one, clear green, bought solely for the novelty heartbeat nib.

20240307_134635.jpeg

Lovely colours!

So far today it's been the NOS Pelikan P1 Twist (F?  EF?) that was swag from last fall's Pelikan Hub (still with Edelstein Star Ruby).  But later in the day I need to make reservations for a couple of things, including writing checks for them, and will be using the Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster (MF nib) with Sailor Souboku for that.  Plus I have pen club tonight and will be bringing the stuff I got repaired/checked out at B/W over the weekend:  the Waterman Ideal BHR ringtop (yet to be inked); the Mabie Todd Swan with the Lucky Curve nib on it (with Waterman Tender Purple); the so far un-ID'd Waterman flighter with the syringe-style converter (with Waterman Mysterious Blue) and the black Estie Dollar pen with the with with 3668 Sunburst nib (with Waterman Serenity Blue).  I may try one one of the Pen-It inks in the ebonite ringtop, or pull out the bottle of Waterman Absolute Brown for that pen....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today’s choices; a Columbus Progetto (by Yamazaki) and a Montegrappa Fortuna Rainbow.

IMG_0124.jpeg

Today’s pen is a TWSBI Diamond Mini in black with silver tone trim with 1.1mm stub nib. It has Diamine Blue Black ink, which is close to running out. I think it will get turquoise ink next, after being cleaned. 

Posted Image

@inkstainedruth what is the color of your P1 Pelikan Twist? A friend got the swag for me, and mine is black with a red clip. 

Posted Image

Today is an unusual set for me: small vintage pens. I generally prefer larger modern pens.

Top to bottom:

-  Wahl-Eversharp Skyline Skyliner, ink GvFC Electric Pink
- Parker Duofold Junior, Ink GvFC Burned Orange
- Wahl-Eversharp Skyline Streamliner, ink Montblanc Lavender Purple
- Montblanc 244, ink Montblanc Irish Green

IMG_4266.jpeg

Yellow with orange... 😘 Let the weekend begin!

IMG_7135.JPG.fffa62756b09a9a08b8386bd16036027.JPG

4 hours ago, Tashi_Tsering said:

Today is an unusual set for me: small vintage pens. I generally prefer larger modern pens.

Top to bottom:

-  Wahl-Eversharp Skyline Skyliner, ink GvFC Electric Pink
- Parker Duofold Junior, Ink GvFC Burned Orange
- Wahl-Eversharp Skyline Streamliner, ink Montblanc Lavender Purple
- Montblanc 244, ink Montblanc Irish Green

That's a very nice collection of pens you're carrying!