What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Jinhao X-159 <EF> with Diamine Macassar
Pilot Metro <F> with a Pilot black cartridge

Jinhao X-159 is for writing my book and the Metro is my daily carry. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today’s pen is my Namiki Origami Penguin F, inked with Ku-Jaku. It’s going to be awhile before it’s empty, that Con-70 is ridiculously large. I’ve also been using my “downstairs pen” the blue Parker 45 Arrow F with a Quink Permanent Blue cartridge. Paper has been a  Midori to do memo pad featuring cockatiels, finches, and budgerigars. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

39 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Today’s pen is my Namiki Origami Penguin F, inked with Ku-Jaku. It’s going to be awhile before it’s empty, that Con-70 is ridiculously large. I’ve also been using my “downstairs pen” the blue Parker 45 Arrow F with a Quink Permanent Blue cartridge. Paper has been a  Midori to do memo pad featuring cockatiels, finches, and budgerigars. 

Maybe it's because of the liquor, but I can never read "Midori" without assuming the paper is melon scented. I do like your all Japanese trilogy this morning!

Today, 1'm still using one of my latest impulse purchases: a TWSBI Mini Al in Grape with an EF nib filled with Jacques Herbin Violet Imperial in my Graphic Image Journal. This is a great, well designed little pen. I love how the cap screws on to post and that the pen has a grippy section to hold it with when you write. Shimmer ink is wasted in this narrow of a nib. I've yet to see any glitter, but the color is pretty and it writes nice and smooth.

IMG_4536.thumb.jpeg.f9ff43fd6e98d19772219c095efd4052.jpeg

IMG_4540.thumb.jpeg.a49cdae75bb3abec3d249786c49ed9dd.jpeg

IMG_4537.thumb.jpeg.928af0f9554c8d0e0a970e88196cabe7.jpeg

25 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

Maybe it's because of the liquor, but I can never read "Midori" without assuming the paper is melon scented. I do like your all Japanese trilogy this morning!

It is rather melon colored- I don’t have a picture, but here’s the JetPens link:

Midori To Do Pad

P.S. Your grape pen is very pretty!

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

9 hours ago, Baka1969 said:

large.20240303_151157.jpg.e7d3cf9a4fc9078d1b4a1ba4701821df.jpg

What the pretty one in the middle?

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

27 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

It is rather melon colored- I don’t have a picture, but here’s the JetPens link:

Midori To Do Pad

P.S. Your grape pen is very pretty!

Cute!

Thanks, I've been pretty ride or die with Pelikan lately, but these TWSBIs are really impressive. Plus, can you ever have too many purple pens? For some reason Pelikan rarely makes purple pens, though they do seem to love orange.

56 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

What the pretty one in the middle?

That's the Conklin 75th Anniversary of Israel pen. 

large.20231220_125048.jpg.0af6f6f3500a95deb5623b08575b60ee.jpglarge.20231220_124927.jpg.d1043409cf7a5f796c2b204d96a383a3.jpglarge.20231220_125224.jpg.1f5c20c6e5567ea21c693b8feb68d3c4.jpglarge.20231220_125212.jpg.8be1df4ffa43bfe4624c5ae7513a7b25.jpglarge.20231220_125354.jpg.f9c8cffe03e5e28e991c29483b99a47d.jpglarge.20231220_164921_kindlephoto-147340788.jpg.bb9573556ea78ff6b7a4a85e708be08f.jpglarge.20231220_125300.jpg.d8df2484fedba2cf13523962815c7b3e.jpg

n+1

23 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

Cute!

Thanks, I've been pretty ride or die with Pelikan lately, but these TWSBIs are really impressive. Plus, can you ever have too many purple pens? For some reason Pelikan rarely makes purple pens, though they do seem to love orange.

I recently bought my first TWSBI (I generally prefer older pens),  and was pleasantly surprised by writing experience. I had wanted to try one, but was put off by the cracking issues for years.  I would love for them to release a gold nibbed model (or rerelease the Micarta). I am a bit curious about the Dark Sapphire now, as blue is my favorite color.

I inked and used my CS Duro today.  I also used my new Onoto Scholar (no surprise).

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

I inked and used my CS Duro today.  I also used my new Onoto Scholar (no surprise).

Paul, which nib did you get with the Onoto? Color? Trim? How does it compare to a Pelikan M800 in size? How do you like it? I guess I'm asking you to post a review, if you don't mind. 

9 minutes ago, yubaprof said:

Paul, which nib did you get with the Onoto? Color? Trim? How does it compare to a Pelikan M800 in size? How do you like it? I guess I'm asking you to post a review, if you don't mind. 

The newest Scholar is the new colour, evergreen, and has palladium features.  It has a medium nib.  My writing is comparatively small.  While I prefer a broad nib, a medium nib makes what I write more legible and easier for others to read. 

I'm not a fan of gold features but accept them when I must. 

Today’s pen is a Kaweco Sport classic Bordeaux with M nib, and a cartridge of Kaweco Ruby red. 

Posted Image

Today will be a Moonman 80 with R&K Ebony, and a Parker 45 (thanks to @Penguincollector and @Claes!) with steel F nib and Diamine Wild Strawberry.

And as I'm going to my office, a Moonman/Majohn A1 with Pilot sepia, as long as it didn't disappear during the weekend!

4 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

The newest Scholar is the new colour, evergreen, and has palladium features.  It has a medium nib.  My writing is comparatively small.  While I prefer a broad nib, a medium nib makes what I write more legible and easier for others to read. 

I'm not a fan of gold features but accept them when I must. 

Thanks Paul, I'm thinking about getting the dark blue with silver trim. 

Edited by yubaprof
Double entry.

5 hours ago, Lithium466 said:

Today will be a Moonman 80 with R&K Ebony, and a Parker 45 (thanks to @Penguincollector and @Claes!) with steel F nib and Diamine Wild Strawberry.

And as I'm going to my office, a Moonman/Majohn A1 with Pilot sepia, as long as it didn't disappear during the weekend!

Nice, I hope your pen likes the new cap! 

Today I am writing my grocery list with my blue fine nibbed Parker 45 Arrow (aka the Downstairs Pen), inked with Quink Permanent Blue. This cartridge may end up in another Parker soon, as I have been using this one for ages. I am also futzing with my Prera Iro-Ai CM nib- the Diamine Moon Dust ink in it is too dry for the pen so I have to refill the con-40 (which is basura) and add White Lightning. 

Today, I am using a green-striped Pelikan M300, just because I haven’t used it in a while, supplemented by a terracotta Lamy Safari.

14 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Thanks Paul, I'm thinking about getting the dark blue with silver trim. 

I did a very basic nib comparison late last night for you.  Here it is:

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdeeac6ff5e896cc7b180ca1fb43601.jpeg

On 3/4/2024 at 3:00 PM, DilettanteG said:

Today, 1'm still using one of my latest impulse purchases: a TWSBI Mini Al in Grape with an EF

Seeing your photos made me go looking at available TWSBI Diamond Mini colors. I have the Mini in Mint Blue, which would look good with the Grape. I had in the past wanted the clear Mini. The Silver Mini is also worth considering. I have the Mini also in Black, and the White and Rose Gold version 2. 

Anyway, the Diamond Mini in Mint Blue with 1.1mm stub nib will be my pen of the day. It has J Herbin Violette Pensee in it. 

Oh, by the way, Goldspot has an exclusive Kaweco Sport in transparent Royal Amethyst that you might would like. I ended up ordering one on eBay from Goldspot because I thought that would save a tiny bit of money. 

Posted Image

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

I did a very basic nib comparison late last night for you.  Here it is:

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdeeac6ff5e896cc7b180ca1fb43601.jpeg

Thank you Paul, very helpful. The Onoto medium is about what I would expect a medium to be.