What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Parker Duofold Centennial in jade green w/18K fine nib and Noodler's Tacoa Live Oak ink.20220314_214814.thumb.jpg.01415c938e021ad11aa453c06edfec15.jpg

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's journal pen is another Opus 88 Picnic, this one green with a fine nib, filled with Diamine Evergreen.

large.opus88_green.jpg.050bcb68e517b1bd59f1ddd921a513d7.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Today it's been:

1)Mabie Todd Swan ringtop (gold-plated, with the Parker Lucky Curve XXF-M flex nib) -- Waterman Mysterious Blue.

2) Noodler's acrylic Konrad (Forbidden City, flex nib) -- Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

3) Pilot Metropolitan (silver color, M nib) -- Birmingham Pens Allegheny Observatory Celestial Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today's journal pen is a Parker 45 Flighter with a fine italic nib and Lamy Petrol. It's the first time I've used it for more than italic practice exercises and it's so different when used to write quickly to keep up with thoughts in the Morning Pages style. I can see it's going to take more than a few days to get that sweet spot stable to the page. Other than showing up my incompetence it's a beautiful little pen and with some practice might even make my handwriting look nicer!

large.parker45_flighter.jpg.8f4bae25ecb5da4160122febfe1eec6c.jpg

My own Parker 45 ‘Flighter’ ran out of Kiwa Guro today, so it is now in clean-up.

I slightly surprised myself with my choice of a replacement for it, by putting a cartridge of Pilot Blue/Black in to my Pilot 78G that has the ‘M’ nib from a Pilot Metropolitan on it (a pen that was PIF’d to me by a generous FPNer).

My other currently-inked pen is still my Parker 25 with blue trim and an unmarked nib that I think is an ‘M’. It is now ‘running on fumes’ of Quink ‘Washable Blue’ from a cartridge.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

On 3/14/2022 at 7:57 PM, lionelc said:

another old school pen - an onoto 3000 with waterman mysterious blue

large.135208431_onoto3000.jpg.17cfd358982f458ddbf24a186f106417.jpg

Look at that wonderful patina. Marvelous.

Today (so far) it's been the silver color Pilot Metropolitan, M nib, with Birmingham Pens Allegheny Observatory Celestial Blue; and the Parker Vector Shrek "Puss in Boots" pen, M nib, with Noodler's Tokyo Gift.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today's journal pen - in acknowledgement of it being March 17 - is the very green TWSBI Eco Green with an extra fine nib and Sailor Waka-uguisi ink. 🍀

large.TWSBI_green.jpg.0b17b0233fd225a52f867b327795677c.jpg

Great pen and ink for Saint Patrick's Day!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Just now, Sinistral1 said:

Great pen and ink for Saint Patrick's Day!

☘️💚😊

Saint Patrick is my patron saint.  Pen of the day --- my green Shamus Heaney limited edition, series 58 Conway Stewart in his honour.

As someone who is 2/4 Irish, I want to wish everyone a very happy St. Patrick's Day!

And quite coincidentally, today's ink rotation was a green ink that I've just put in one of my new MadC Caneva Esteems:

large.IMG_2506.jpg.d1bd48a0c9dbd55ac4b336a8b186f227.jpg

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

Today's journal pen is a Lamy Lx Ruthenium EF filled with Van Dieman's Cradle Mountain Grey. It's not my idea of extra fine, but if I ignore that and call it a fine, it's fine.

large.Lamy_Ruthenium.jpg.548425e2afbf2c3c1c50a8747771677b.jpg

Today it's been three pens (no, none green and I don't have anything inked up with green ink at the moment either -- but at least I'm also not using orange... ;)

1. Morrison sterling filigree overlay ringtop, sort of oblique F (when I got the pen repaired last weekend I was told that the tipping had worn down to make it effectively an oblique, since in order to NOT damage the nib I should actually cant the pen to an angle and effectively turn it into an OF) -- Waterman Tender Purple.

2. Pilot Metropolitan silver color, M nib -- Birmingham Pens Allegheny Observatory Celestial Blue.

3. Parker Vector Shrek "Puss in Boots", M nib -- Noodler's Tokyo Gift.

Jinhao 100 with a 0.5mm nib. Diamine Sunshine Yellow.

The pen and the sunshine yellow ink have more of an orange tint, than I see here

1714862618_22_03.17jinhao1001087.thumb.JPG.c96a9bdb9c95b2fc6e06d07e95266e3d.JPG

7 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

Jinhao 100 with a 0.5mm nib. Diamine Sunshine Yellow.

The pen and the sunshine yellow ink have more of an orange tint, than I see here

1714862618_22_03.17jinhao1001087.thumb.JPG.c96a9bdb9c95b2fc6e06d07e95266e3d.JPG

What a happy colour!!