What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Today it's been a new Asvine P20 fine nib in Galaxy colour way with Diamine's Imperial Purple ink. New pen, new notebook and a hotel room.

20240226_221619.jpg

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My pen for today is one of my favorites to write with, a Goldfink Imperial with a 14K Fine point nib. (Note: I believe someone is making reproductions of Goldfink pens, or at any rate something with that name on it; I am reasonably sure this is a genuine vintage pen). Black with gold trim, including a very wide gold cap band flanked by two narrow bands, and a clip that is a little bit reminiscent of Pelikan clips. It starts up writing right away every time, too.

It took two tries for me to fix the piston filler (after I got it (from a seller who claimed it was "in working order" but I didn't do anything about that) -- the first time I got it to take in a full supply of ink, but it was leaking a bit out the knob end. Second try was to get a tighter fit on the cork seal, and that worked. This is the easiest piston mechanism to get at I have ever seen -- the back of the barrel (just before the blind cap) just unscrews. That's one reason I don't post this pen, because it can get started being unscrewed just having the cap on the back. 

GoldfinkImperial.thumb.jpg.674367378a4b640a0aebb7538caa22a1.jpg

Inked up an Aurora Optima Blue Auroloide with Diamine Sapphire Blue today.  At the request of my spouse who would like to have a “nice pen” to use around the house.  She’s not quite a convert yet but getting very close I think 😄

Today's journal pen is a Sailor Snowmoon with a 14k MF nib and Sailor Black.

large.SailorSnowMoonMF_SailorBlack.jpg.316ad8eb8d5bf7efe8cf7a70947cde09.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I’m going to use the Lamy Studio dark brown with a 1.1mm italic nib filled with Kaweco Caramel Brown. 

Posted Image

I used my new Indigo and Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 stub today. I inked it with De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper. I will be posting a picture of it with my writing on the “Pen/Ink/Paper Trios” thread reasonably soon.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Sheaffer Imperial Lifetime EF with Pilot Blue (waterproof) ink. This is a cartridge only model but the Kaweko Sport mini converter fits perfectly. 

20240227_132226.thumb.jpg.8e9f44b548dcd3f57a1851ce99c26d69.jpg

16 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Your Hero 103 is lovely! 

Thank you very much!

So far today it's been pens inked up with blue-blacks:

1) Parker Vacumatic Red Shadow Wave (Junior?), F nib -- Waterman Mysterious Blue.

2) Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster, MF nib -- Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

So far today, I have used my gold plated Sheaffer TRZ inked with Parker Quink Permanent Red. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Using a no name piston filler with a durium nib. Only found it a week ago but it's becoming one of my favourites :3

0227241145.jpg

Cross Calais -Diamine Presidential Blue, Lamy Studio-Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Kai, Cross Beverly-MontBlanc starwalker SpaceBlue. All my other 3 pens running presidential blue as a comparison. The Calais looked to writing a little dry and a little light.

it has been washed out and refilled and looks to be writing better. Still have to invert it and agitate it to get it writing correct every couple of lines.

all the best

mark

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

I've emptied my MB 146 and filled my Astoria #2 EF and started using it. What a nice nib. What a writer!!!

I used three to write a letter.  They were a True Writer Kyoto, a TWSBI Eco Indigo Bronze, and a Jinhao 999 twin dragon pen. 

The log book pen is a Kaweco AL Anthracite.  All but the True Writer pens have 1.1mn stub nibs. 

Posted Image

1. Blue Monteverde Strata, Omniflex nib -- still with Platinum Classic Sepia Black.

2. Light Grey Pilot Decimo, F nib -- Namiki Blue.

3. Sheaffer Star Wars Pop R2-D2 pen, M nib -- still with vintage Skrip V-Mail Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I used the Schneider school pen with a stub nib that the wonderful @AmandaW gave me. It is filled with Pelikan Edelstein Olivine. 

Posted Image