What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

In recent discussions about un-inked pens we own. I found that I had 3 that had never been inked due to them being such special custom pens. At 67 years old, I realize it is time to use the good stuff so I am inking my Newton Pens - Vanness 75 anniversary Limited Edition Pen inked with Diamine Chocolate Brown. Still working up the courage to ink my Broadwell or my Breeding custom pens.

Vanness75Anniversarypen1.jpg.ca68bd1518431cdd4b0674867c414c67.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

In recent discussions about un-inked pens we own. I found that I had 3 that had never been inked due to them being such special custom pens. At 67 years old, I realize it is time to use the good stuff so I am inking my Newton Pens - Vanness 75 anniversary Limited Edition Pen inked with Diamine Chocolate Brown. Still working up the courage to ink my Broadwell or my Breeding custom pens.

That’s a beauty!  Hope it lives up to expectations!

Today's journal pen is a Lady Sheaffer Moire with an EF nib. I was worried about this one, overtaken in the post by another from the same vendor, but here she is... beautiful. And in such good condition. The nib writes a little dry, but otherwise amazing for her age. 1959? Even the amber and clear rhinestones are all there. 🧡

The ink is Sailor Doyou. The paper Clairefontaine.

large.IMG_20240221_124426_348.jpg.cc7c7525d8af8cbac0d50ca82f8bc297.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

3 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

Today's journal pen is a Lady Sheaffer Moire with an EF nib. I was worried about this one, overtaken in the post by another from the same vendor, but here she is... beautiful. And in such good condition. The nib writes a little dry, but otherwise amazing for her age. 1959? Even the amber and clear rhinestones are all there. 🧡

Yep, she's a beauty.

n+1

3 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

It seems to me that somebody, someday is going to ink those pens. It might as well be you. 

5 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Beautiful resin, how does it write?

4 hours ago, AmandaW said:

That is a very pretty pen.

Pelikan day.  M151, Diamine Oxford Blue.  M200, Diamine Ancient Copper

IMG_0712.jpg

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

14 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

That is one good looking pen.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Today it's been the M200 Café Creme, B nib, still with Edelstein Topaz.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

So far it’s been my sumgai blue Parker 45 Arrow F with Quink Permanent Blue. I have to choose an ink for my journal, and another for my daily trio thread, so there will likely be an update.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Today it’s the True Writer Kyoto filled with Midori Navy ink. 

Posted Image

Journal pen for today is the Sailor Shikiori Yozakura filled with Iroshizuku Tsukushi. Again, cos -> 🤎

Chill time used a Wing Sung 699 fitted with a Jinhao fude. The ink was Hero 234 carbon black. It's not flowing well, but I do love the sumi-like smell (as well as the blackness and waterproofness and...) so I put up with it and don't mind the scratchy look it added to the linework.

large.IMG_20240222_123558_202.jpg.e7f024a63b154b5432433680f984258c.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Today it's a Montblanc Meisterstuck No.12 with a broad/stub nib. Ink is an experimental mix of browns/oranges with glycerine and a photographic wetting agent additives.

20240221_082125.jpeg

20240221_084519.jpeg

So far today it's been the Reform "Westinghouse" pen, still with the same (dried up) cartridge of Edelstein Amethyst (which dates back to the first Pelikan Hub I went to), and of course had to be reconstituted with distilled water YET AGAIN....  Just to get through morning pages.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well, I am struggling with my ASC Club pen that has Waterman South Seas Blue.  It is a very old bottle and probably needs to be constituted with some distilled water.  I will have to follow @inkstainedruth's example!

Erick

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

The Excel still, I just won't run out of ink.  It will get cleaned once it does and a Scholar called up to serve in its stead.