What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

On 2/16/2024 at 3:00 AM, Baka1969 said:

Being analog in a digital world.  Intentionally slowing our lives down to appreciate things just a little more.  The artistry of something mechanical. 

I think it's something about permanence, as well, at least for me. Buying the good thing that lasts versus something cheap that is replaced again and again.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wrote a lot with my Pelikano since yesterday and it might be the lightest writer I own....😁

Vintage Mentmore.  Now I need to find someplace to buy an approximation of Binder Burgundy, which suits it well.  I don't like being a mixologist, and I believe one of the original components of the formula isn't available anymore.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

11 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Today's journal pen was a Sheaffer School pen from the 70s with Diaminw Writer's Blood.

Chill time pen and watercolour used a Sailor Profit Casual with a Zoom nib and Platinum Carbon. (I don't know what the paper is - just a small scrap from the stash.) As I was making this one it reminded me of water-worn river stones.

large.IMG_20240218_193237_628.jpg.68ad6d15001e7ba6da00adad7d3b8008.jpg

I can see that as water worn river stones. I really enjoy these you have been posting. 

Posted Image

Today's pen is a Montblanc Carrera, 14K fine nib and 70's chic orange plastic body. Ink is Diamine's Ancient Copper. A nice light and smooth writer.

20240219_083524.jpeg

I used the True Writer Kyoto, and a Pelikan Twist P10.  My pen club friend mailed my Pelikan Hub swag from last year. She included another bottle of ink, brush pen, and marker. The Twist is black with a red clip and section.  

Posted Image

I picked up my Kaweco Sport clear domonstrator that had had a diluted OS Nitrogen in it which I haven't used in months. There was still a little ink in the cartridge so I filled it with water, ran the nib under the faucet and blew through the feed to clear some dried ink. Amazingly, working fine, laying down a nice, heavily-sheening line.

Also brought my pink Optima.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

This morning it has been my EDC work carry the Helix Oxford cartridge pen and an international pattern generic cartridge with black ink.

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

4 hours ago, pan101 said:

Today's pen is a Montblanc Carrera, 14K fine nib and 70's chic orange plastic body. Ink is Diamine's Ancient Copper. A nice light and smooth writer.

20240219_083524.jpeg

The pen came through with a yellow barrel on my machine.

Either way, it looks intriguing.

Thanks for posting...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

5 hours ago, Mark from Yorkshire said:

This morning it has been my EDC work carry the Helix Oxford cartridge pen and an international pattern generic cartridge with black ink.

I have an Oxford. It's a decent pen worth more than it cost.

@ParramattaPaul, I could not agree more. It is a great little pen, and a workhorse to boot. It saves my more expensive pens from getting lost or damaged. Especially the vintage ones that can’t replace, or at least not easily.

Tonights journal pen was a black Parker Vector filled with Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Kai.

i also used the Eversharp Skyline with Parker Quink Blue-black, and the Alibi of London rollerball which has a Monteverde G22 euro refill in it (standard Rollerball refill as opposed to a gel). 

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Today's journal pen was a Sailor Shikiori Yozakura filled with Iroshizuku Tsukushi. To my eye it's a pleasing pairing cos the pen is a brownish pink and the ink is a pinkish brown.

And chill time used a Jinhao 992 with a fude nib and Pilot Black.

large.IMG_20240220_144632_016.jpg.63e983a88c1dcb06532886c14d326f47.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Today I use a Paper Mate Monogram fp. It is the pen I reviewed here on FPN in 2007 and it still works fine.  

Today I'm using a Montblanc Meisterstuck 146 LeGrand with fine nib and Diamine's Ruby Blues ink.

20240220_093820.jpeg

A nice little Conway Stewart 75.

IMG_0711.jpg

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

18 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Today's journal pen was a Sailor Shikiori Yozakura filled with Iroshizuku Tsukushi. To my eye it's a pleasing pairing cos the pen is a brownish pink and the ink is a pinkish brown.

And chill time used a Jinhao 992 with a fude nib and Pilot Black.

large.IMG_20240220_144632_016.jpg.63e983a88c1dcb06532886c14d326f47.jpg

I like this drawing. 

Yesterday I used a TWSBI Eco (China) cement gray filled with Diamine grey ink. Today will be the Kaweco AL Vibrant Violet. 

Posted Image