What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

On 1/31/2024 at 9:44 PM, Misfit said:

I’m thinking of my Retro 51 Stealth black to use today. I’m not sure if it has ink left, but it matches my mood. 

large.IMG_0446.jpeg.75af83f3fba6f42c750aec53b740d030.jpeg

After filling this pen, making food, eating, my mood is better. I do really like this pen. I got it at a retail shop called Wild About Harry.  The shop is on the Independence square. Harry Truman worked in the courthouse. 

Hello-Cello MzFit... Very NIce Mini Review !!!!  Extra points for being able to get all the Diamine Monboddos Hat ink out of the pen. 😀👍

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BehindThe8BallMe is trying to catch up.....  Missed a lot... but I have an excuse.... I've been trying to deal with a computer issue that I have not been able to resolve.  Long story short, the System Process in my Win 10 laptop started exhibiting an extremely high power useage which caused the laptop to overheat and intermittently freeze.  Microsoft's solution after checking to see if there was a virus, was to "Clean Boot" and try to find the app causing the problem.  Unfortunately, the problem didn't go away with a clean boot or safe mode so I'm using the OS on a second HD until I figurine out what's up....😲

On 1/31/2024 at 10:26 AM, PAKMAN said:

Asvine P36 and P20

Asvinepens.thumb.jpg.8aefb6c1945d1354d18f0b7d8a57a440.jpg

I Always like to see your pens PAKMAN.  Further down you commented on how nicely the P36 writes... could you describe what you mean?  What nib, paper and ink?

On 1/31/2024 at 1:14 PM, pan101 said:

A recently acquired Leonardo Messenger and using the unknown standard black ink cartridge that came with it.

20240131_175210.jpeg

@pan101 Caught my eye !!  Stunning color 😃, what nib?

On 2/1/2024 at 1:58 PM, DilettanteG said:

Another day, another matched Pelikan Pair for me: M200 Blue demonstrator from 2002 filled with Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite   on top of my navy blue Graphic Image Journal:

IMG_4470.thumb.jpeg.951a3ac3efef240e5d2f9567683e866a.jpeg

IMG_4468.thumb.jpeg.5668a6c1f20e6a16071d5c76d9114b66.jpeg

Couldn't pass up such nice photography and a MIni Review 👍😀

I'm not familiar with that paper.

On 2/2/2024 at 5:08 AM, pan101 said:

Using a Mabie Todd Chatelaine pen with Sailor Yamadori ink.

20240202_094645.jpeg

20240202_094741.jpeg

Of Course you have a gorgeous gold flex pen 😁👍, but it's what it does with the ink that's fantastic. 👍  I could never get Yamadori to look like that.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:26 PM, dms525 said:

i'm using a pen that arrived last night from Naples - a new Leonardo model called "Fioritura." I'll have more details later in the Leonardo Photo thread, but here's a teaser:

Fiorituraintray.jpeg.4228f41a13238ee78b3f30c55dfae8e7.jpeg

Fiorituraoncoster.jpeg.1ad8e1da066e2993ba4078804ccc0661.jpeg

Fiorituranib.jpeg.7bf7803a37789558d4e02688a90ecd74.jpeg

David

Looks like you've done it again DMS. 👍😃 Congratulation !!   Is that a #8 nib?  On my way to check out the other thread.

8 hours ago, Baka1969 said:

Estie Rainforest

large.20240203_142135.jpg.70712eb69925ef7f06a3424e25b744bb.jpg

@Baka1969 Kudos on all your fine pens and photographic posts. 😀👍

5 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

3 hours ago, flodoc said:

Waterman Liaison in orange ebonite w/18K fine nib and Private Reserve Tropical Blue.

20240204_193604.jpg

@flodoc Haha. one of my favorite pen and ink combinations.  👍😀

Very nice photo, btw. 😄

43 minutes ago, USG said:

Looks like you've done it again DMS. 👍😃 Congratulation !!   Is that a #8 nib?  On my way to check out the other thread.

It has a #6 nib.

David

1 minute ago, dms525 said:

It has a #6 nib.

David

Haha, that's one big looking #6 .... 😁

@USG thank you again. In her reviews, the blogger at Gourmet Pens writes Hello Jello. For me, I’d prefer what I wrote: Hello Cello. I don’t play a cello, but I like symphonic music, classical music. 

Posted Image

58 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@USG thank you again. In her reviews, the blogger at Gourmet Pens writes Hello Jello. For me, I’d prefer what I wrote: Hello Cello. I don’t play a cello, but I like symphonic music, classical music. 

I haven't watched Azizah in a while...  😃

Up early this morning (4:30 or so) to do three loads of laundry in my building's laundry room and I did some journaling with my LAMY 2000 with the OM nib, which I have really come to enjoy.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

11 hours ago, USG said:

BehindThe8BallMe is trying to catch up.....  Missed a lot... but I have an excuse.... I've been trying to deal with a computer issue that I have not been able to resolve.  Long story short, the System Process in my Win 10 laptop started exhibiting an extremely high power useage which caused the laptop to overheat and intermittently freeze.  Microsoft's solution after checking to see if there was a virus, was to "Clean Boot" and try to find the app causing the problem.  Unfortunately, the problem didn't go away with a clean boot or safe mode so I'm using the OS on a second HD until I figurine out what's up....😲

I Always like to see your pens PAKMAN.  Further down you commented on how nicely the P36 writes... could you describe what you mean?  What nib, paper and ink?

@pan101 Caught my eye !!  Stunning color 😃, what nib?

Couldn't pass up such nice photography and a MIni Review 👍😀

I'm not familiar with that paper.

Of Course you have a gorgeous gold flex pen 😁👍, but it's what it does with the ink that's fantastic. 👍  I could never get Yamadori to look like that.

@Baka1969 Kudos on all your fine pens and photographic posts. 😀👍

@flodoc Haha. one of my favorite pen and ink combinations.  👍😀

Very nice photo, btw. 😄

Thanks USG, the nib's a steel Jowo size 6 extra fine and surprisingly smooth. Yamadori is perhaps my favourite ink, I like the way the sheen is subtle and complements the teal.

Today it's a Mont Blanc 221 with Master of Puppets ink. Love this pen's bouncy nib, no flex but a nice soft and juicy fine nib.

20240205_162458.jpeg

I’m still working on cutting down on my blue inked pens, currently about 6 of 17 have some sort of blue ink. Today I’m carrying around a black Sheaffer Triumph 550 with a replacement “dolphin” xf nib my friend Stewart gave me. It’s inked with a Sheaffer (Slovenia) washable blue cartridge that he sent with the pen. He says it’s his favorite ink.  I love the color, it reminds me of buying school Sheaffers in the blister pack at the corner Walgreens with the lunch counter.

My paper today is a little A6 ivory 120gsm notebook with some unintelligible name from Amazon. It’s very good paper, especially with the narrow nibs as it cushions the sharp nibs a bit.

Oh, @pan101, that nib is gorgeous, as is the rest of your pen.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

5 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

I’m still working on cutting down on my blue inked pens, currently about 6 of 17 have some sort of blue ink. Today I’m carrying around a black Sheaffer Triumph 550 with a replacement “dolphin” xf nib my friend Stewart gave me. It’s inked with a Sheaffer (Slovenia) washable blue cartridge that he sent with the pen. He says it’s his favorite ink.  I love the color, it reminds me of buying school Sheaffers in the blister pack at the corner Walgreens with the lunch counter.

My paper today is a little A6 ivory 120gsm notebook with some unintelligible name from Amazon. It’s very good paper, especially with the narrow nibs as it cushions the sharp nibs a bit.

Thanks Penguincollector it is nice, and I know I wrote the mountain not the brand, ha ha.

33 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Ooo, fond memories of those school pens!  Somewhere in my 'pen glass du week' I have a Kaco Edge inked with conical-bottle Sheaffer BB.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

A rarely used Cross Apogee, Diamine Antique Copper.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

So far today, it's been the Pelikan M200 CaféCrème, B nib, with Edelstein Topaz; and the dark blue Parker 45 Arrow, OF nib, with Ackerman Lean van Nieuw Oost-Indigo.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Ooo, fond memories of those school pens!  Somewhere in my 'pen glass du week' I have a Kaco Edge inked with conical-bottle Sheaffer BB.

I just decanted a sample of conical bottle purple for an ongoing exchange. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Today's pen is a Wahl Eversharp Skyline in burgundy with a gold cap. Ink is Diamine Holly, love a green ink, even better with a red sheen.

20240206_103112.jpeg

I used the Kaweco AL Sport in Vibrant Violet that arrived today (Monday).  Filled it with Waterman Tender Purple. 

Posted Image

I just tried to write a few pages with my newly arrived Sheaffer 440. It looked a lot better than I was expecting and the nib is really fine, but smooth. Lots of cleaning. So far so good.

I was unphased at replacing the converter with a refilled cartridge when I found the sac was crumbly.

Then... uh oh... Inky fingers. Close examination with a microscope shows a very fine crack running from the top of the section towards the nib. :sad:

Learning to tidy up a pen with polish and sunshine cloth was an exciting adventure, but this?

Will work for pens... :unsure: